Page 46 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachment

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    Nunes' aide might release the whistleblower's name. Absolutely shameful.
    How long did Scooter Libby get?

Nunes' aide should get at least twice that.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I guess I should be used to it by now, but what really bugs me about this is the talking point that Republicans have been shut out of the hearings and unable to ask questions. It was said in the segment from Meadows linked above, I heard it repeated today on Hannity’s show.

It’s just so obviously, transparently wrong, and so easily disproven, that it’s pretty easy to use as a litmus test for who’s full of ****.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I guess I should be used to it by now, but what really bugs me about this is the talking point that Republicans have been shut out of the hearings and unable to ask questions. It was said in the segment from Meadows linked above, I heard it repeated today on Hannity’s show.

It’s just so obviously, transparently wrong, and so easily disproven, that it’s pretty easy to use as a litmus test for who’s full of ****.
    For starters - How can you listen to Hannity? I agree with him and its infuriating.

Secondly, it now has been reported that only Schiff can call witnesses and has directed the witnesses to not answer specific questions (which I'm sure are mostly Republican).
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I just want to be sure where you all stand.

This new 'witness' is valid even though they directly advised Ukraine on how to deal with the current administration, or an extension of the administration? There is no issue with this in your guys eyes?

Also, who cares what people 'feel' about the conversation. We have the damn thing in front of our faces.

This is all so.....desperate.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post

This new 'witness' is valid even though they directly advised Ukraine on how to deal with the current administration, or an extension of the administration? There is no issue with this in your guys eyes?

Also, who cares what people 'feel' about the conversation. We have the damn thing in front of our faces.

Where is this conversation in front of your eyes? That was a fictional version of the conversation composed by his lawyers, meaning this was as much of the truth that they felt they could defend.

Let's see the true transcript, if it still exists.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Where is this conversation in front of your eyes? That was a fictional version of the conversation composed by his lawyers, meaning this was as much of the truth that they felt they could defend.

Let's see the true transcript, if it still exists.
    So the preparation of this transcript was fictional? Why is that and what supports this claim? Has anyone denied the truth of the transcript?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts

I assume you’re getting this from the piece that said that Vindman was asked by Ukrainian officials how they should deal with Giuliani. I have no idea why you’d consider this to be improper. Giuliani is not “the administration,” nor is he “an extension of the administration.” He was doing off-books stuff which was at odds with the established policy and the relationships that existed around that policy. Trying to discredit him based on that is paper-thin, and suggesting that meant he was “advising” the govt in any improper way is just plain silly.

As for the “transcript,” V apparently testified that at least one of the “...” sections was apparently Trump continuing to talk about Biden, which further undercuts the talking point that Trump’s interest was. 2016, not 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    As for where we stand...based on what we know, I’d pretty comfortably stand on the substance of the testimony of Taylor, Vindman, Hill, etc. I take your statement to mean that you’d support the credibility of Giuliani, Parnas, Fruman, and whoever was paying them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I assume you’re getting this from the piece that said that Vindman was asked by Ukrainian officials how they should deal with Giuliani. I have no idea why you’d consider this to be improper. Giuliani is not “the administration,” nor is he “an extension of the administration.” He was doing off-books stuff which was at odds with the established policy and the relationships that existed around that policy. Trying to discredit him based on that is paper-thin, and suggesting that meant he was “advising” the govt in any improper way is just plain silly.

As for the “transcript,” V apparently testified that at least one of the “...” sections was apparently Trump continuing to talk about Biden, which further undercuts the talking point that Trump’s interest was. 2016, not 2020.
    In what universe does it make sense for another country to get advise on how to deal with the president's counsel? Vjndman works for the president. End of story.

Bidens corruption is a key entry point into Ukraines overall role in the 2016 election and HRCs campaign.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    As for where we stand...based on what we know, I’d pretty comfortably stand on the substance of the testimony of Taylor, Vindman, Hill, etc. I take your statement to mean that you’d support the credibility of Giuliani, Parnas, Fruman, and whoever was paying them.
    We have statements that aren't subjected to questions.

None of this even matters. I don't care how Vindman felt. We didn't vote for him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    In what universe does it make sense for another country to get advise on how to deal with the president's counsel? Vjndman works for the president. End of story.

Bidens corruption is a key entry point into Ukraines overall role in the 2016 election and HRCs campaign.
    The President’s personal lawyer (and we’re not even clear if he was acting in that capacity or not) is not a valid instrument of American foreign policy. He’s not elected, appointed/confirmed to the position. You don’t even know who’s paying him, and his indicted cohorts. As Amb Taylor testified, there was an official policy track and an unofficial one. No surprise there was confusion on how to deal with the latter. And what reason would undermine his testimony?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    We have statements that aren't subjected to questions.

None of this even matters. I don't care how Vindman felt. We didn't vote for him.
    So, to be clear: Giuliani, Parnas, Fruman (and whoever is paying them) are the good guys here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    So, to be clear: Giuliani, Parnas, Fruman (and whoever is paying them) are the good guys here?
    I didn't say that but you have ascribed goodness to the others quickly. Similar to the assumptions you have to the fbi which has proven to be wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    The President’s personal lawyer (and we’re not even clear if he was acting in that capacity or not) is not a valid instrument of American foreign policy. He’s not elected, appointed/confirmed to the position. You don’t even know who’s paying him, and his indicted cohorts. As Amb Taylor testified, there was an official policy track and an unofficial one. No surprise there was confusion on how to deal with the latter. And what reason would undermine his testimony?
    Now guiliani isn't tied to Trump? This is absurd. At this time, for better or for worse, everyone knows that Trump uses Giuliani for all sorts of matters. To pretend like that is not the world we live in is willful ignorance. Vin was providing advice on how to deal with an agent of the president. He has no authority to do that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    So the preparation of this transcript was fictional? Why is that and what supports this claim? Has anyone denied the truth of the transcript?
    The transcript was "prepared" for public consumption by WH lawyers. You do the math.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    The transcript was "prepared" for public consumption by WH lawyers. You do the math.
    Orange man bad it is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,736 Posts
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/29/u...p-ukraine.html

And Vindman says the transcript left out crucial words and phrases.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

Runnin (10-29-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Orange man bad it is
    Not only Orange Man, but everyone around him is bad too. You have to burn you bridges by publicly lying or otherwise becoming just as guilty as him to stay in his orbit.