He didn't last night.
    true

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    We would be down 8 whatever if he did.

Maybe he will change. 3 solo homers is a rare feat for a pitcher and we had a chance to win and our bats did not come through.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,361 Posts
    JT walked and wild pitch a guy into scoring position with 2 outs if I recall. That guy scored and we lost by a run.

But the main problem with JT is his stuff is not good enough to last three times through. It just isn’t. Never should we tempt fate with him facing guys three times. He needs to be our experiment where we hopefully get him through the order twice with not too much damage and then have a scheduled guy to pitch after him. That guy can go 2-3 innings hopefully and go from there with normal BP guys
    Coppy

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (05-01-2019)

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    JT walked and wild pitch a guy into scoring position with 2 outs if I recall. That guy scored and we lost by a run.

But the main problem with JT is his stuff is not good enough to last three times through. It just isn’t. Never should we tempt fate with him facing guys three times. He needs to be our experiment where we hopefully get him through the order twice with not too much damage and then have a scheduled guy to pitch after him. That guy can go 2-3 innings hopefully and go from there with normal BP guys
    You are right, they will hammer him.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I would say we need to put him in the pen but I'm not sure who we have that would be a good bet to pitch better.
    I really expected Wright to hold onto a rotation spot...and then he completely **** the bed. Maybe Newk gets another shot soon, or maybe Tomlin can fill the back of the rotation for a bit.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Teheran's GB/FB ratio has always been below average and his HR/FB ratio has risen to 14% thus far this year (and was over 10% in both 2017 and 2018). That just can't work. Maybe he can pull a mini-Eckersley and successfully convert himself into a reliable relief pitcher. Biggest obstacle to that is that Eckersley was a better starting pitcher than Teheran. Curious to see what they do with him.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (05-01-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Teheran's GB/FB ratio has always been below average and his HR/FB ratio has risen to 14% thus far this year (and was over 10% in both 2017 and 2018). That just can't work. Maybe he can pull a mini-Eckersley and successfully convert himself into a reliable relief pitcher. Biggest obstacle to that is that Eckersley was a better starting pitcher than Teheran. Curious to see what they do with him.
    HR/FB is at 20.5%. That number has BABIP like qualities in the sense it is more luck (bad luck in the case of Julion in 2019) than anything else.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

NL Rookie of the Year Acuña’s Bat Flip's Avatar
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post

Put him in the bullpen, he can pitch two or THREE at most innings and you can take him out before he gets into his danger zone. You have never been able to judge Julio by pitch count, he could have 40-45 pitches through four innings and he is still done in the fifth and it has been that way for a few seasons now. I remember him having like 60 something pitches in the 7th inning and getting roughed up quite a few times in his career. It would be a genius move to use Julio in a Robert Gsellman or Raisel Iglesias role which is why I don't expect Snitker to actually do it.
    Last edited by Acuña’s Bat Flip; 05-01-2019 at 03:38 PM.
    FKA Ozzie's Chainz

Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Got to take the L sometimes.

I've been used to it over the years.
    Braves / Panthers / Lakers / Hornets / Clemson / Duke Basketball

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    HR/FB is at 20.5%. That number has BABIP like qualities in the sense it is more luck (bad luck in the case of Julion in 2019) than anything else.
    Don’t you dare.