Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: GDT 5/16: Julion v Waino

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    I’m so broken down at 39 already that as long as 225 goes up 6-8 times on bench and I can rep out pull ups with 45 chained to my waist, I don’t care what the scale says. Of course, being able to hit bombs in slow pitch softball is my only real goal, so being in actual good shape doesn’t matter haha.

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    I’m so broken down at 39 already that as long as 225 goes up 6-8 times on bench and I can rep out pull ups with 45 chained to my waist, I don’t care what the scale says. Of course, being able to hit bombs in slow pitch softball is my only real goal, so being in actual good shape doesn’t matter haha.
    Lets be real...slow pitch bombs are what all our workouts should be for. Core, Core, Core.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Well that and looking good while I mow the lawn with my shirt off. Speaking of which, I need to manscape before Saturday afternoon.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Well that and looking good while I mow the lawn with my shirt off. Speaking of which, I need to manscape before Saturday afternoon.
    TMI. Really. And are you sure the only thing off is your shirt when you cut grass?
    Coppy

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    TMI. Really. And are you sure the only thing off is your shirt when you cut grass?
    You’ll have to ask my forum stalker

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    LMAO

I was that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,278 Posts
    My slow pitch just instituted a HR cap per game. Sucks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURBO View Post
    We are only allow two.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Beer leagues around here allow 4 per game and then equalizer after that. When I fill in for those games I never really have to worry about hitting the limit because I rarely bat more than 4 times and nobody else can hit to save their lives.

Upper division USSSA leagues have a straight equalizer rule, as do most tournaments. All HRs are walked off to save time.

I've been in tournaments all over the West, and the HR rules are crazy sometimes. Some allow zero HRs. Some allow 2 for the team besides one guy designated as the unlimited HR hitter. Sometimes they make a HR result in an out and clears the bases...or ends the inning. One tournament made a HR result in an out, ended the inning, and then that spot in the lineup was an auto out for the rest of the game...super lame. If our sponsors weren't footing the bill i wouldn't have even showed up for that.

The most fun I've had playing softball was an open tourney with unlimited HRs. There were people lined up behind the OF wall tossing the bombs back in the moment they landed, and it was really fun watching everyone tee off over and over.

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURBO View Post
    Yeah when we play Tourneys each class gets a certain number of dingers and it goes up. So E class (basically rec) gets none. In fact some places make them inning ending outs. Protects against sandbagging. If you are good enough to pop one out 300' plus...you are better than playing in a recreation class. Open and supers get like 16...but those are the big boys. And no teams like that in Iowa.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Beer leagues around here allow 4 per game and then equalizer after that. When I fill in for those games I never really have to worry about hitting the limit because I rarely bat more than 4 times and nobody else can hit to save their lives.

Upper division USSSA leagues have a straight equalizer rule, as do most tournaments. All HRs are walked off to save time.

I've been in tournaments all over the West, and the HR rules are crazy sometimes. Some allow zero HRs. Some allow 2 for the team besides one guy designated as the unlimited HR hitter. Sometimes they make a HR result in an out and clears the bases...or ends the inning. One tournament made a HR result in an out, ended the inning, and then that spot in the lineup was an auto out for the rest of the game...super lame. If our sponsors weren't footing the bill i wouldn't have even showed up for that.

The most fun I've had playing softball was an open tourney with unlimited HRs. There were people lined up behind the OF wall tossing the bombs back in the moment they landed, and it was really fun watching everyone tee off over and over.
    This is what we did when I lived back in Kentucky. They had unlimited and we have a person behind the fence to toss the balls back in. I usually get one or two during a game. Our team was considered elite and invited to Tennessee, Ohio and even Pennsylvania but I could only do Ohio and Tennessee, Penn was too far and I had to work back then. This was late 90's. We terrorized our local league and they then did not have any limit. We never lost in the league, regardless if the park had 310 feet fences, that was nothing and we did not have DeMarinis either, they were outlawed. Teams I see here in Wisconsin would have 4 to 6 of them.

I would stand knock it out of the park and touch first base, then exit left or right.

Now after the accident, substantial strength lost, I still hit them out and do the same thing but I am hurt now so I am out for the season. I took batting practice, I notice a big difference with my hips and waist. There is no strength and I lost a lot of weight as well. I might be done and retire.

NL Rookie of the Year Acuña’s Bat Flip's Avatar
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    Markakis
    Acuna
    Freeman
    Donaldson
    Riley
    The only way that happens is if Snit dissipates!
    FKA Ozzie's Chainz

Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Got to take the L sometimes.

I've been used to it over the years.
    Braves / Panthers / Lakers / Hornets / Clemson / Duke Basketball

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    camo hat with red jerseys?