Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
well, you mentioned "TOR" pitchers in your post and said they'd acquire one.....which is why I said Gray is not a TOR pitcher, therefore inquiring about him doesn't back up that notion that they're after a TOR pitcher.
they were linked to Archer before acquiring Gausman.
point is, i don't think they're dead set on getting a "TOR" arm. and i don't think it will happen. seeing if you can get one in a steal is great and i hope they keep trying. could've worked out with Paxton. but again, that's more due diligence than truly chasing a TOR pitcher.
Gray could certainly have been painted as a TOR type of starter considering his history and he was being painted as such by several people on here and even some beat writers (certainly not me). You're just arguing semantics at this point.

What we do know is that they pursued Archer heavily last deadline (along with Gaus), and they continued to pursue other SP options into the off-season. It's all speculation, sure, but the sheer number of pitchers we've been attached to in trade rumors in less than a year certainly seem to suggest a clear direction.