Fried has been going through a rough stretch lately and I think it’s about time to ask the question what should the Braves do about it? I know some think he should be moved back to the pen. The thought process being that if he’s only throwing two pitches that’s where he’ll need to be.

Some I’m sure believe we need to show patience and he’ll turn it around no problem and will slot right back in as one of our top 3 pitchers.

I myself have a middle ground approach. Fried needs to start making an effort to throw his slider more to keep people off his curve. I think this is something he’ll really be able to work on in the offseason but may have trouble making an adjustment to mid year. I think we should commit to Fried in the rotation and let him be the 4/5 we thought he would be when we started the year and allow him to continue to grow. In the meantime though I’d like to see the Braves use an opener in Fried’s starts as it would provide protection for him from the top of lineups. Then next year hopefully we see Fried take his game to the next level.