Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2691

Thread: 2019 Trade Deadline Thread:

Called Up to the Major Leagues SJ24's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    "Far greater" is a pretty vague term. Give us your estimate for how much those guys would boost our world series chances? Because I guarantee you that every single projection site would have the gain as no more than 5-10%, and that is being incredibly generous. So you're willing to sell off Pache, Waters, Anderson, Wright, and/or all the other 45+ prospects we have for a 5-10% increase at most?

Doesn't seem that wise.
    Not Pache.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    "Far greater" is a pretty vague term. Give us your estimate for how much those guys would boost our world series chances? Because I guarantee you that every single projection site would have the gain as no more than 5-10%, and that is being incredibly generous. So you're willing to sell off Pache, Waters, Anderson, Wright, and/or all the other 45+ prospects we have for a 5-10% increase at most?

Doesn't seem that wise.
    I'm not against cashing in on Wright if something really controllable comes back like a Vazquez/Diaz. But given what we know is available, i wouldnt give up our top 3 for anyone, even Thor.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ24 View Post
    No sir.

I didn't want to spend big money on Kimbrel. He is too old.

As far as liking/disliking what AA has done: I don't like not being close on anything this close to the deadline.
    So you're wanting to fire AA just because he might not "go all in" at the trade deadline?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    I'm not giving up Pache.

Everyone else is on the table, including a very robust attempt to get rid of Riley.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Not Pache.
    Why not? He's just a "stupid prospect"

Edit: What if trading Pache could increase our World Series chances by another 3%!!! How could you say no!?!?!

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    No sir.

I didn't want to spend big money on Kimbrel. He is too old.

As far as liking/disliking what AA has done: I don't like not being close on anything this close to the deadline.
    Pretty much all of AA moves come outta nowhere, and are announced when done. Dont think any of the insiders even know if he's close on anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    We heard a lot of Stroman rumors but not one about him going to the Mets so just bc it isn’t being talked about in the news doesn’t mean a lot of things are materializing. Almost exactly 24 hours ahead now. Should really heat up soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    So you're wanting to fire AA just because he might not "go all in" at the trade deadline?
    You are ultimately judged on your record.

I believe that we will look back on this season as a huge missed opportunity if the trade deadline comes to pass without us acquiring anyone of significance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Pretty much all of AA moves come outta nowhere, and are announced when done. Dont think any of the insiders even know if he's close on anything.
    Fair.

We will see what happens.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    You play to win championships.

Typical liberal with no balls.
    I don't play, and neither do you. I watch the Braves to be entertained as a means to improve the overall quality of my life.

Touting your courage about trades you have no control over and no benefit from is as laughable as claiming D1 daddy's success as proof of your own. Very pathetic.

Objectively (they teach objectivity in that podunk college you attend, right?), being entertained every year from March-September and hopefully into October is more valuable than being entertained by a WS title in October followed by not being entertained from March-September in subsequent years.

Logic...it's not for everyone.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts

I believe that we will look back on this season as a huge missed opportunity if the trade deadline comes to pass without us acquiring anyone of significance.
    Leave the board bet?

Never mind...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    I don't play, and neither do you. I watch the Braves to be entertained as a means to improve the overall quality of my life.

Touting your courage about trades you have no control over and no benefit from is as laughable as claiming D1 daddy's cusses as proof of your own. Very pathetic.

Objectively (they teach objectivity in that podunk college you attend, right?), being entertained every year from March-September and hopefully into October is more valuable than being entertained by a WS title in October followed by not being entertained from March-September in subsequent years.

LOL.

Enscheff wants to be "entertained" over winning, as if the two are mutually exclusive.

What in the world is wrong with you?

Plus, there is nothing more entertaining or satisfying than winning.

This has nothing to do with logic. My God. Quit trying to push the intelligence angle you loser.

Also, you have no idea where I attended school. You didn't attend an Ivy, though, Pacific Boy.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts

Depends if you think we could beat Hou/NYY/Cle/Min/LAD/Was in a series. Not sure we could even with a couple big additions that would hurt us in the longterm.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Personally I just hope Pache, Riley, Anderson, and Contreras are all Braves this time tomorrow.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VirginiaBrave For This Useful Post:

buck75 (07-30-2019), Jaw (07-30-2019)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    LOL.

Enscheff wants to be "entertained" over winning, as if the two are mutually exclusive.

What in the world is wrong with you?

Plus, there is nothing more entertaining or satisfying than winning.

This has nothing to do with logic. My God. Quit trying to push the intelligence angle you loser.

Also, you have no idea where I attended school. You didn't attend an Ivy, though, Pacific Boy.
    Notice you haven't yet admitted to what tier 4 school you are attending?

Wonder why...?

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts

Touting your courage about trades you have no control over and no benefit from is as laughable as claiming D1 daddy's success as proof of your own. Very pathetic.

Its obviously a better idea to be terrible and rebuild for 5 years, then sell everything off for a 2 year window. Don't let anything go in the 3rd year at the end of that window in a futile attempt to stay in contention, then be terrible again for another 10 years while you try to rebuild everything.

It worked great for Kansas City. Yeah, they might be at the very beginning of that 10 year futility stretch, but think about 2015!!! Flags Fly Forever!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    Notice you haven't yet admitted to what tier 4 school you are attending?

Wonder why...?
    Because I am keenly aware that there are bad apples on the internet, and I don't want my personal information out there?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Its obviously a better idea to be terrible and rebuild for 5 years, then sell everything off for a 2 year window. Don't let anything go in the 3rd year at the end of that window in a futile attempt to stay in contention, then be terrible again for another 10 years while you try to rebuild everything.

It worked great for Kansas City. Yeah, they might be at the very beginning of that 10 year futility stretch, but think about 2015!!! Flags Fly Forever!!!
    KC fans will love pointing to that WS flag 5 years from now as they watch a 100 loss team.

Flags fly forever!!!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,494 Posts
    23 hours to go
    Get off my lawn!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Because I am keenly aware that there are bad apples on the internet, and I don't want my personal information out there?
    Or...

You know East Central Podunk Kentucky State University proves you're an idiot.