Page 51 of 135 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2691

Thread: 2019 Trade Deadline Thread:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I think with the injury to Dayton and Minter struggling, we have a pretty clear need for a lefty reliever.

There aren't that many on the market. We've discussed Will Smith extensively. There is a good chance the Giants will hold on to him now. They may be more willing to trade Tony Watson for someone who can help them this year. Watson for Duvall makes a certain amount of sense for both teams.

I think Felipe Vazquez is someone we should look into. He is an elite reliever and has been for several years. He has a long-term deal. But the price is attractive. Salaries of 5.25M in 2020 and 7.25M in 2021, plus options for two more years. I like options. They help a team control risk. Given how attractive the contract is, Vazquez would carry a high price in terms of prospects. We are probably looking at one of Wright, Wilson or Muller, plus another prospect just outside the Top 100. I think we should at least make an offer if the Pirates are open to trading him.

Then there are the flotsam and jetsam such as Diekman. At the end of the day we may have to settle for someone like that. I'm only interested in acquiring someone like Vazquez at a fair price and that may not be possible.
    I’ve been thinking about Vazquez for a while now. He is elite and if Wright and say another low level guy would do it then I’d make that deal and I think the Pirates probably would too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsbballfan View Post
    Interesting nugget here:

We decided to get in on the fun, too. Below you'll find our list of 10 prospects to keep in mind heading into the trade deadline. We're not saying each (or, necessarily, any) of these players will be on the move. But we've included them either because we suspect it's possible, or we've heard that they've surfaced in negotiations. The prospects are presented in alphabetical order.

1. Ian Anderson, SP, Braves
    Originally the No. 3 pick in the 2016 draft, Ian Anderson has a starter's frame and the chance for three above-average offerings once he reaches full maturation, including a swing-and-miss curveball. The downside with Anderson is he continues to walk about four batters per nine innings in Double-A, which could postpone his big-league debut as he attempts to further refine his command. League sources have informed CBS Sports that the Braves are at least willing to discuss Anderson in negotiations, as Atlanta is loaded with young arms and continues its pursuit of a veteran frontline starter. Be it through trade or development, Anderson could prove to be the key in the Braves further upgrading their rotation over the coming months.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...os-and-braves/

If Anderson has been offered in a packed then either Thor or Castillo better be coming back.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hudson2 For This Useful Post:

Garmel (07-22-2019)

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsbballfan View Post
    Interesting nugget here:

We decided to get in on the fun, too. Below you'll find our list of 10 prospects to keep in mind heading into the trade deadline. We're not saying each (or, necessarily, any) of these players will be on the move. But we've included them either because we suspect it's possible, or we've heard that they've surfaced in negotiations. The prospects are presented in alphabetical order.

1. Ian Anderson, SP, Braves
    Originally the No. 3 pick in the 2016 draft, Ian Anderson has a starter's frame and the chance for three above-average offerings once he reaches full maturation, including a swing-and-miss curveball. The downside with Anderson is he continues to walk about four batters per nine innings in Double-A, which could postpone his big-league debut as he attempts to further refine his command. League sources have informed CBS Sports that the Braves are at least willing to discuss Anderson in negotiations, as Atlanta is loaded with young arms and continues its pursuit of a veteran frontline starter. Be it through trade or development, Anderson could prove to be the key in the Braves further upgrading their rotation over the coming months.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...os-and-braves/
    If we trade Anderson we better be getting Thor or someone like him back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay212033 View Post
    I'm not but the Rangers are and they've placed a high value on him.
    they might have trouble finding a dance partner under those circumstances
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    they might have trouble finding a dance partner under those circumstances
    Can we find another metaphor? Painful flashbacks to my 8th grade winter formal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    Can we find another metaphor? Painful flashbacks to my 8th grade winter formal.
    those 8th grade memories are powerful
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Wheeler is my preference. And Minor isn't a rental since he has another year guaranteed.
    Looks like I need to do more research before I post. No idea why I thought he was a rental, but that means he's not as desirable based on my criteria. Still a decent add for the right price, like several other options.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    I think with the injury to Dayton and Minter struggling, we have a pretty clear need for a lefty reliever.

There aren't that many on the market. We've discussed Will Smith extensively. There is a good chance the Giants will hold on to him now. They may be more willing to trade Tony Watson for someone who can help them this year. Watson for Duvall makes a certain amount of sense for both teams.

I think Felipe Vazquez is someone we should look into. He is an elite reliever and has been for several years. He has a long-term deal. But the price is attractive. Salaries of 5.25M in 2020 and 7.25M in 2021, plus options for two more years. I like options. They help a team control risk. Given how attractive the contract is, Vazquez would carry a high price in terms of prospects. We are probably looking at one of Wright, Wilson or Muller, plus another prospect just outside the Top 100. I think we should at least make an offer if the Pirates are open to trading him.

Then there are the flotsam and jetsam such as Diekman. At the end of the day we may have to settle for someone like that. I'm only interested in acquiring someone like Vazquez at a fair price and that may not be possible.
    You kinda have to think that if Farhan would take Duvall for Watson that move would have been made already. Actually would be ideal IMO. If you could get your lefty for nothing (from our perspective anyway) and then you could go ahead and add Giles as well.

I'd imagine we'd all be pretty happy with that - assuming Giles could be acquired for a reasonable price.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Guys, I think I've found the fan trade proposal that finally puts all of this board's trade proposals to shame. Over on reddit a guy suggested this trade, and I'm not kidding:

Braves Get: Zack Greinke, Greg Holland, 20 million dollars

D'backs Get: Ian Anderson, Drew Waters, Touki Touissaint, Travis Demeritte

He also added that he'd be willing to throw in Alex Jackson and Adam Duvall if it would get the deal done.

I've found it guys. I can't believe it. Its absolutely beautiful. All my life I've been searching for the holy grail of bad trade proposals and its finally here. I thought it would come from clv or thethe, but right at the last minute this guy swoops in and steals their glory.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Guys, I think I've found the fan trade proposal that finally puts all of this board's trade proposals to shame. Over on reddit a guy suggested this trade, and I'm not kidding:

He also added that he'd be willing to throw in Alex Jackson and Adam Duvall if it would get the deal done.

I've found it guys. I can't believe it. Its absolutely beautiful. All my life I've been searching for the holy grail of bad trade proposals and its finally here. I thought it would come from clv or thethe, but right at the last minute this guy swoops in and steals their glory.
    Why is this bad for the Dbacks?

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Why is this bad for the Dbacks?
    Pretty sure hes saying thats bad for the Braves, would be horrific for the Braves.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts

Buckle up.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyward For This Useful Post:

UNCBlue012 (07-22-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    I'm going to be in Las Vegas for work all next week... Ah. I'll be checking MLB every down moment I get!

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post

Buckle up.
    Where did that come from? I don't believe for a second that AA believes Bumgarner would be a more impactful acquisition than Stroman.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BeanieAntics For This Useful Post:

Jaw (07-22-2019)

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Where did that come from? I don't believe for a second that AA believes Bumgarner would be a more impactful acquisition than Stroman.
    Jim Bowden in a recent article, who knows how legit or not.

I wouldnt be against MadBum, but it depends on what it would cost to land him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    You kinda have to think that if Farhan would take Duvall for Watson that move would have been made already. Actually would be ideal IMO. If you could get your lefty for nothing (from our perspective anyway) and then you could go ahead and add Giles as well.

I'd imagine we'd all be pretty happy with that - assuming Giles could be acquired for a reasonable price.
    The Giants do not have a need for DuVall. They already have a crowded outfield situation and seem to be getting production across the board, despite how fluky it may be. Alex Dickerson is mashing, and Yastrzmeski and Slatet are hitting well. And Pillar holds down CF.

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Maybe it really is clv. Remember he’s really close to “Greg” Holland, being on a first name basis and everything.

Called Up to the Major Leagues SJ24's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    Buckle up.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ24 View Post