Page 75 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 2691

Thread: 2019 Trade Deadline Thread:

  1. #1481
    NL Rookie of the Year
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    swamps of S. Ga
    Posts
    2,578
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    581
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    374
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    From MLBTR

    In what one must imagine is an extremely hectic organizational war room, front office employees for the Mets are mulling the packaging of Zack Wheeler and Edwin Diaz in a potential trade, according to a report from Joel Sherman of the New York Post (link).


    That would kill 2 needs quickly. It has been rumored that the Braves have had some interest in both. They were in the thick of a Diaz trade before he went to the Mutts.

  2. #1482
    Waiting for Free Agency Hudson2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,912
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    673
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    672
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by salmagundy View Post
    From MLBTR

    In what one must imagine is an extremely hectic organizational war room, front office employees for the Mets are mulling the packaging of Zack Wheeler and Edwin Diaz in a potential trade, according to a report from Joel Sherman of the New York Post (link).


    That would kill 2 needs quickly. It has been rumored that the Braves have had some interest in both. They were in the thick of a Diaz trade before he went to the Mutts.
    It also says that people that have had talks with the Mets expect both of those guys and Thor to be traded by July 31st. A trade getting Diaz and one of those 2 starters would set us up nicely.

  3. #1483
    It's OVER 5,000! cajunrevenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    uranus
    Posts
    12,503
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,302
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,762
    Thanked in
    1,814 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Both Shea and Shew could have big value to the MLB team pretty soon. I'm not against moving Wright for a controllable piece though.

    Good, I hear other teams want prospects that are close to the majors. I bet if we trade those 3 it would be the most lopsided trade in favor of the Braves since the trade for Tim Hudson.
    Joe Biden for Prison 2020!

  4. #1484
    Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Heyward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    17,763
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,187
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,466
    Thanked in
    1,157 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Good, I hear other teams want prospects that are close to the majors. I bet if we trade those 3 it would be the most lopsided trade in favor of the Braves since the trade for Tim Hudson.
    I'm not against making a big trade but who is even available worth an offer that big.

  5. #1485
    Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

    Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    The Chosen One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    School of Hard Cox
    Posts
    20,820
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,589
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7,895
    Thanked in
    4,586 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    It also says that people that have had talks with the Mets expect both of those guys and Thor to be traded by July 31st. A trade getting Diaz and one of those 2 starters would set us up nicely.
    I would only part with Anderson for Thor.

    For Diaz and Rental (Wheeler) then I'd give Wright or Wilson up not both with others in a package.
    Forever Fredi


  6. #1486
    Waiting for Free Agency Hudson2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,912
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    673
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    672
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Individual-1 View Post
    I would only part with Anderson for Thor.

    For Diaz and Rental (Wheeler) then I'd give Wright or Wilson up not both with others in a package.
    Same here. Thor and Diaz would be Anderson, Wilson, Wentz, plus 1 or 2 more.

  7. #1487
    Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

    Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    The Chosen One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    School of Hard Cox
    Posts
    20,820
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,589
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7,895
    Thanked in
    4,586 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    Same here. Thor and Diaz would be Anderson, Wilson, Wentz, plus 1 or 2 more.
    Well we apparently match up well just with offering them Wright and Allard for Thor. For Diaz? Throw in Camargo and Demeritte.
    Forever Fredi


  8. #1488
    It's OVER 5,000! UNCBlue012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    14,255
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,920
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,624
    Thanked in
    1,178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Individual-1 View Post
    I would only part with Anderson for Thor.

    For Diaz and Rental (Wheeler) then I'd give Wright or Wilson up not both with others in a package.
    id probably give up Wilson, not likely Wright. But we will see.

  9. #1489
    It's OVER 5,000! UNCBlue012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    14,255
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,920
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,624
    Thanked in
    1,178 Posts

  10. #1490
    Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

    Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    The Chosen One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    School of Hard Cox
    Posts
    20,820
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,589
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7,895
    Thanked in
    4,586 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    id probably give up Wilson, not likely Wright. But we will see.
    I think [MENTION=89]nsacpi[/MENTION] and I are the only ones here that are high on Wilson still.3

    I view Wright has having higher upside but I could see Wilson being more reliable and consistent and not as dominant.

    That's a pretty valuable commodity these days. I think Wright could net us a higher value player because of his name still. He hasn't been a bust yet. But I'd sell high.
    Forever Fredi


  11. #1491
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    2,943
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,764
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,132
    Thanked in
    727 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Individual-1 View Post
    I think [MENTION=89]nsacpi[/MENTION] and I are the only ones here that are high on Wilson still.3

    I view Wright has having higher upside but I could see Wilson being more reliable and consistent and not as dominant.

    That's a pretty valuable commodity these days. I think Wright could net us a higher value player because of his name still. He hasn't been a bust yet. But I'd sell high.
    Wilson is still my favorite SP prospect, just ahead of Wentz and well ahead of Anderson and Wright.
    Living the dream makes a man wanna scream,
    light a match and burn it all down,
    head back home to the mountain, far away from all the pull

  12. #1492
    Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

    Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    The Chosen One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    School of Hard Cox
    Posts
    20,820
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,589
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7,895
    Thanked in
    4,586 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Wilson is still my favorite SP prospect, just ahead of Wentz and well ahead of Anderson and Wright.
    If this was a 2016 or 2017 team Wilson would be getting plenty of chances as Wright, like Wisler and Folty kept getting.
    Forever Fredi


  13. #1493
    Waiting for Free Agency Hudson2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,912
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    673
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    672
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    AA likes to keep it quiet so I’ll believe it all when I see it. Diaz was a target of ours last offseason so I think AA still wants him, but whether the Mets would trade him to us is another story. The article also says that the Blue Jays may trade for him and flip him to us.

  14. #1494
    Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

    Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    The Chosen One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    School of Hard Cox
    Posts
    20,820
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,589
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7,895
    Thanked in
    4,586 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    AA likes to keep it quiet so I’ll believe it all when I see it. Diaz was a target of ours last offseason so I think AA still wants him, but whether the Mets would trade him to us is another story. The article also says that the Blue Jays may trade for him and flip him to us.
    Yeah.

    In free agency the writers seem to guess better like JD and Keuchel.

    But trades, AA has certainly surprised us. Duvall last year. Gausman/Brach. Swarzak. So I wouldn't be surprised if AA does pulll a rabbit out the hat.
    Forever Fredi


  15. #1495
    Waiting for Free Agency Hudson2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,912
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    673
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    672
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    Now rumors are saying the Braves and Indians have discussed Bauer.

  16. #1496
    It's OVER 5,000! UNCBlue012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    14,255
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,920
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,624
    Thanked in
    1,178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    Now rumors are saying the Braves and Indians have discussed Bauer.
    where do you see that?

  17. #1497
    It's OVER 5,000! cajunrevenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    uranus
    Posts
    12,503
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,302
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,762
    Thanked in
    1,814 Posts
    I am sure AA has talked to just about every team with an available pitcher. I dont know a lot about Bauer but I think we match up as well as anyone for him if the Indians want to trade him as a neutral move. Would/could/should we trade Gausman + for him?
    Joe Biden for Prison 2020!

  18. #1498
    Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

    Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    The Chosen One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    School of Hard Cox
    Posts
    20,820
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,589
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7,895
    Thanked in
    4,586 Posts
    The more I think about it the more I do think AA quietly gets Alex Wood to use later in season whether in bullpen or as a starter.
    Forever Fredi


  19. #1499
    Waiting for Free Agency Hudson2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,912
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    673
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    672
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    where do you see that?
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...r-bauer-2.html

  20. #1500
    It's OVER 5,000! cajunrevenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    uranus
    Posts
    12,503
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,302
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,762
    Thanked in
    1,814 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    I'm not against making a big trade but who is even available worth an offer that big.

    Greinke/Peralta/Dyson/Chafin + 20 million(10 mill of Greinke salary in 20/21) for Wright/Langeliers/Shewmake/Inciarte/O'Day.
    Joe Biden for Prison 2020!

Similar Threads

  1. 2018 Trade Deadline ROSTERBATION
    By Enscheff in forum The 2019 Chronicles: The Free Men of the Golden Wren Era Take the Neck's Step.
    Replies: 2852
    Last Post: 09-02-2018, 09:01 PM
  2. Trade Deadline: What are you willing to do?
    By Horsehide Harry in forum The 2019 Chronicles: The Free Men of the Golden Wren Era Take the Neck's Step.
    Replies: 419
    Last Post: 07-28-2016, 09:01 PM
  3. Trade Deadline/Rumors thread
    By sturg33 in forum The 2019 Chronicles: The Free Men of the Golden Wren Era Take the Neck's Step.
    Replies: 1126
    Last Post: 07-31-2015, 06:49 PM
  4. MLB Trade Deadline Discussion
    By NinersSBChamps in forum The 2019 Chronicles: The Free Men of the Golden Wren Era Take the Neck's Step.
    Replies: 960
    Last Post: 08-06-2014, 03:22 PM
  5. Trade Deadline Day
    By bravesnumberone in forum 2013 Legendary
    Replies: 253
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 09:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •