Page 84 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 2691

Thread: 2019 Trade Deadline Thread:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    The Mets may try holding onto Thor and just trading Wheeler. deGrom, Thor, and Stroman is a pretty good front 3. But something tells me they will trade Thor before Wednesday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,728 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Honestly they kinda do control the market.

Stroman off the market, Bumgarner/Bauer likely staying put. Doesnt seem Boyd gets traded.

That leaves what, Ray/Minor/Wheeler/Thor.

Not a ton of options out there.
    Wait a second. I was told the Tigers were a lock to trade Boyd because it's a waste of the future values.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,852 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Wait a second. I was told the Tigers were a lock to trade Boyd because it's a waste of the future values.
    Not all teams are smart.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-29-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,728 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Not all teams are smart.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,728 Posts
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...69-nice-2018-3

We need to trade for Bauer immediately. No price is too high.

It’s over."

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Tigers would be smart to move Boyd, his value will never be higher. Doesnt mean it's smart of them to keep him.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyward For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-29-2019)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,985 Posts
    Honestly they kinda do control the market.

Stroman off the market, Bumgarner/Bauer likely staying put. Doesnt seem Boyd gets traded.

That leaves what, Ray/Minor/Wheeler/Thor.

Not a ton of options out there.
    Wood, Boyd, Greinke, Roark, Lance Lynn, and potentially Bumgarner and Bauer. A lot more options than you think.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Wood, Boyd, Greinke, Roark, Lance Lynn, and potentially Bumgarner and Bauer. A lot more options than you think.
    Minor
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Options and good options are a different story.

Do we even know if Greinke is available. It would cost alot to land Boyd. Bumgarner/Bauer could be available but it would cost alot given the teams positions in the playoff race.

Wood, Roark meh, Lynn would be intriguing, he has really good numbers, and is on a great contract.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    AA is an absolutely silent operator. So much of the time there's not a peep about our interest in a player until the deal is done. This makes me think some of the guys we're hearing about us being connected to are more likely teams spreading rumors and using the Braves deep farm to drive prices up.

This makes me think we're not in on Thor. It never made much sense for the Mets to trade him within the division when they're obviously wanting to compete next year. I think our name has been dropped repeatedly to get other suitors to pony up.

We should probably keep a eye on guys who it makes sense for a team to trade but about who fewer specific rumors have come out.

Ken Giles is at the top of my list of suspected targets. If the Jays traded Stroman it makes no sense for them to hold onto Giles. He's been an excellent reliever in his career and is having a fantastic season. With his closer experience he's a perfect fit for us. I've heard very little about us specifically connected with Giles and that seems suspicious.

Wheeler is another one. His impending free agency makes an in division trade more likely. And if the Mets are willing to deal Thor, there's no reason for them to keep Wheeler. While it's clear he's available, I've not heard a ton about the specific teams interested.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,361 Posts
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...69-nice-2018-3

We need to trade for Bauer immediately. No price is too high.

Wow. I like this kid.
    Coppy

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,985 Posts
    Options and good options are a different story.

Do we even know if Greinke is available. It would cost alot to land Boyd. Bumgarner/Bauer could be available but it would cost alot given the teams positions in the playoff race.

Wood, Roark meh, Lynn would be intriguing, he has really good numbers, and is on a great contract.
    All of the guys I listed are having good seasons (except for Wood, who has been injured). Whether we have much interest is rather irrelevant to the market for pitching.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    AA is an absolutely silent operator. So much of the time there's not a peep about our interest in a player until the deal is done. This makes me think some of the guys we're hearing about us being connected to are more likely teams spreading rumors and using the Braves deep farm to drive prices up.

This makes me think we're not in on Thor. It never made much sense for the Mets to trade him within the division when they're obviously wanting to compete next year. I think our name has been dropped repeatedly to get other suitors to pony up.

We should probably keep a eye on guys who it makes sense for a team to trade but about who fewer specific rumors have come out.

Ken Giles is at the top of my list of suspected targets. If the Jays traded Stroman it makes no sense for them to hold onto Giles. He's been an excellent reliever in his career and is having a fantastic season. With his closer experience he's a perfect fit for us. I've heard very little about us specifically connected with Giles and that seems suspicious.

Wheeler is another one. His impending free agency makes an in division trade more likely. And if the Mets are willing to deal Thor, there's no reason for them to keep Wheeler. While it's clear he's available, I've not heard a ton about the specific teams interested.
    You are correct about AA works in silence, his FO guys give away no information.

Donaldson move came out of nowhere, Gausman/Brach/Venters came out of nowhere, Acuna extension came out of the blue. Albies as well but once AA signed Acuna, you kinda figured Albies would be next given how close him and Acuna are.

Braves have been linked to Giles, and it was reported the Braves were the most aggressive team for Wheeler last year but the Mets kept him. A Wheeler/Giles trade would give AA enough left to add an outfielder like Puig/Castellanos/Peralta.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    You are correct about AA works in silence, his FO guys give away no information.

Donaldson move came out of nowhere, Gausman/Brach/Venters came out of nowhere, Acuna extension came out of the blue. Albies as well but once AA signed Acuna, you kinda figured Albies would be next given how close him and Acuna are.

Braves have been linked to Giles, and it was reported the Braves were the most aggressive team for Wheeler last year but the Mets kept him. A Wheeler/Giles trade would give AA enough left to add an outfielder like Puig/Castellanos/Peralta.
    I think Braves and Giles has been more speculation based on fit and that he's obviously someone the Jays should trade. I haven't heard much specifically about us trying to get Giles.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I think Braves and Giles has been more speculation based on fit and that he's obviously someone the Jays should trade. I haven't heard much specifically about us trying to get Giles.
    Alex can say whatever he wants but until the Braves pay a big price for an asset, I’ll assume they aren’t inclined to do it. So the top names aren’t necessarily what I want expect. they’re not necessarily what I want.

Starting pitching I think something to protect depth that’s cheap makes the most sense. Giving up two prospects for stroman didn’t make sense to me. Glad they didn’t offer that.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    Alex can say whatever he wants but until the Braves pay a big price for an asset, I’ll assume they aren’t inclined to do it. So the top names aren’t necessarily what I want expect. they’re not necessarily what I want.

Starting pitching I think something to protect depth that’s cheap makes the most sense. Giving up two prospects for stroman didn’t make sense to me. Glad they didn’t offer that.
    Stroman made sense given he's controllable.

We have the following to offer in trades: Anderson, Wright, Wilson, Muller, Wentz, and Fried/Folty/Gausman at MLB level. And guys like Gohara, Allard, Davidson, JDLC, Wiegel, Beck, etc. Suffice to say we could give up two of those, and still be perfectly fine.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    It will be some guy that is not on the radar, but they have crunched the numbers on. They will come in and probably out perform the big name guys.

I’m not sure Toronto wants to deal with Atl or NY. I feel either would have beaten the Mets offer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    It will be some guy that is not on the radar, but they have crunched the numbers on. They will come in and probably out perform the big name guys.

I’m not sure Toronto wants to deal with Atl or NY. I feel either would have beaten the Mets offer.
    I'm not sure Atlanta or the Yankees would have beaten the Mets offer. The analytics teams didn't seem quite as high on Stroman.

I think the Jay's hesitance to deal with AA is overblown. It might have been more true right after he left as he would have been privy to all the private info the Jays had. But its been years since he left. Very little has remained the same. I think it's much more likely that this is just posturing.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post

Heyman said NYY didnt put Garcia on the table, their best trade chip. Some teams may have viewed him as a 2/3 as opposed as a #1.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Stroman made sense given he's controllable.

We have the following to offer in trades: Anderson, Wright, Wilson, Muller, Wentz, and Fried/Folty/Gausman at MLB level. And guys like Gohara, Allard, Davidson, JDLC, Wiegel, Beck, etc. Suffice to say we could give up two of those, and still be perfectly fine.
    I don't care if we have 20 starting pitching prospects or 2, the central concern should be what the value of the prospects we are giving up are and what the realistic chance is that the player you are acquiring is going to put you over the top.

We've seen it's hard for even the best arms to perform at the MLB level and it sometimes takes a few times to make it work (Fried, Newcomb, Folty). Doesn't make a great deal of sense to trade your best tickets that have already begun that process with the idea that the lesser tickets behind them are going to be more precocious.