Page 48 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Trade Deadline Thread:

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Given how clueless they are with AA and how quiet things are, we have.

Braves like their infielders, week later they sign Donaldson.
    I’m sure he’s not in the loop. Just saying what he’s reporting.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts
    Trade proposal

Braves get
    Boyd
    Green
    Castellenos

Tigers get
    Wilson
    Gohara
    Inciarte
    Janista

Thoughts

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippyjms View Post
    Trade proposal

Braves get
    Boyd
    Green
    Castellenos

Tigers get
    Wilson
    Gohara
    Inciarte
    Janista

Thoughts
    Not enough given up from the Braves. Because of various reasons Gohara has very little value. Tigers don’t need Inciarte during a rebuild and Jenista has little value as well.

Wilson , Wright and something else decent

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpack1 View Post
    Not enough given up from the Braves. Because of various reasons Gohara has very little value. Tigers don’t need Inciarte during a rebuild and Jenista has little value as well.

Wilson , Wright and something else decent
    Wilson and Wright would be an overpay. Jenista is mostly filler but Gohara still has decent value even if it’s on the lower side right now. Inciarte has quite a bit of control remaining as well and appears to be someone they have interest in. Wilson of course headlines our package.

Arbitration Eligible Freshmaker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Trade proposal

Braves get
    Boyd
    Green
    Castellenos

Tigers get
    Wilson
    Gohara
    Inciarte
    Janista

Thoughts
    Braves arent sending near enough.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshmaker View Post
    2nd part to that tweet:

If #BlueJays indeed were reluctant to trade with #Braves, that stance has softened, sources say. Thus, Stroman and/or Giles to ATL possible. As Dave notes, Giles might be preference. Anthopoulos acquired two of his other former Jays - Bautista (later released) and Donaldson. 2/2

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Wilson and Wright would be an overpay. Jenista is mostly filler but Gohara still has decent value even if it’s on the lower side right now. Inciarte has quite a bit of control remaining as well and appears to be someone they have interest in. Wilson of course headlines our package.
    Wilson and Wright would most certainly not be an overpay for the Tiger's 3 most valuable trade pieces (that they are likely to trade) in one package lol. Don't be silly.

Castellanos is a rental so he wouldn't be ridiculously expensive, but he still has some value. Greene has one more year of control so he's gonna cost a solid prospect. Boyd is controlled for years so he's gonna cost us a really nice package.

Hell, I think it'd probably take something close to Wright and Wilson to just get Boyd by himself.

Swallowed by Mark Bowman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,269 Posts
    It's weird that the the Blue Jays apparently have some "resentment" toward AA for the way he left. They brought in Shapiro rather explicitly to put a leash on Anthopolous, and they're pissed that he didn't just go along with it?

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    MLB Trade Rumors says that the asking price for Stroman is near what the Pirates gave up for Archer last year. Talk about ridiculously high expectations. It would take a front office of epicly moronic proportions to trade equal value of Meadows, Glasnow, and Baz for just a year and a half for Stroman.

If this deadline turns in to overpay city, I really wouldn't want to shop in the upper tier. I'd rather just make a few buy low moves and mostly roll with what we have.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeanieAntics For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (07-22-2019), Jaw (07-21-2019)

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    MLB Trade Rumors says that the asking price for Stroman is near what the Pirates gave up for Archer last year. Talk about ridiculously high expectations. It would take a front office of epicly moronic proportions to trade equal value of Meadows, Glasnow, and Baz for just a year and a half for Stroman.

If this deadline turns in to overpay city, I really wouldn't want to shop in the upper tier. I'd rather just make a few buy low moves and mostly roll with what we have.
    Put Folty on the block and see what we can get

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MadduxFanII View Post
    It's weird that the the Blue Jays apparently have some "resentment" toward AA for the way he left. They brought in Shapiro rather explicitly to put a leash on Anthopolous, and they're pissed that he didn't just go along with it?
    The funny thing about that whole situation is that Jays' ownership brought that mess on themselves - AA deserved to get Shapiro's title (consequently having to step a little further away from the day-to-day team operations if they didn't want him trading so much) and have someone hired under him that would help reign him in. Going outside the organization to hire his boss after what he'd accomplished there was a slap in the face - they're pretty lucky to have saved face because he didn't go to the press and start airing dirty laundry.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post

Considering there's no August trade deadline, i can see it being overpay city given this is the last chance for teams to improve their club before the postseason.

Stroman for an Archer like deadline would be ridiculous, Archer at least had 3+ years of control left. Stroman has 1.5 left.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyward For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (07-22-2019)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MadduxFanII View Post
    I also think AA saw the opportunity to learn in LA under a powerhouse organization.

He mentions frequently the learning experience he had with Friedman and Zaidi in LAD and how it's helped him make better decisions from an analytics perspective. In a weird way it's good the Johns got cut off from running the team by McGuirk because it gave AA more leverage to run the club without interference from Homeboy Upstairs. McGuirk was looking for someone externally not connected to the Johns to right the ship and protect the assets and I think AA overall has done well with that.
    Forever Fredi

17. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Jaw (07-21-2019)

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts
    I think we trade for either Minor or Boyd with a reliever attached

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Individual-1 View Post
    I also think AA saw the opportunity to learn in LA under a powerhouse organization.

He mentions frequently the learning experience he had with Friedman and Zaidi in LAD and how it's helped him make better decisions from an analytics perspective. In a weird way it's good the Johns got cut off from running the team by McGuirk because it gave AA more leverage to run the club without interference from Homeboy Upstairs. McGuirk was looking for someone externally not connected to the Johns to right the ship and protect the assets and I think AA overall has done well with that.
    I think AA's experience in Toronto and LA was perfect for our needs. He got the idea of "winning the offseason" out of his system in Toronto and he became more analytically oriented in LA. Its turned him into a value-oriented GM who is fairly conservative in his approach to team building. I don't see him making many major mistakes and I think that is going to give us a much longer window than we would have had with Coppy.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BeanieAntics For This Useful Post:

Jaw (07-21-2019)

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    As i'm sure everyone heard, Buster said on the broadcast if the Giants do become sellers. He thinks the Braves would become one of the more aggressive teams for MB, thinks they'll go for a difference maker at the deadline.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Buster- Executives predicting that some front offices will assess the weekend results and decide to go into sell mode, and that there might start to be trade movement by Wednesday/Thursday of this week. 9 days, 18 hours, 42 minutes until deadline.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Trade proposal

Braves get
    Boyd
    Green
    Castellenos

Tigers get
    Wilson
    Gohara
    Inciarte
    Janista

Thoughts
    Is that you Murph?
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    As i'm sure everyone heard, Buster said on the broadcast if the Giants do become sellers. He thinks the Braves would become one of the more aggressive teams for MB, thinks they'll go for a difference maker at the deadline.
    Kinda think Gausman's start bought him 48 hours to see what Folty can do against Louisville on Tuesday. Another meh outing, and he tries to go get Stroman and Giles - a good one against Louisville and he keeps as many top-end prospects as possible and only goes after pen pieces. Either way, I don't think he waits the Giants' decision out - begging to have to overpay if he waits until next weekend.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?