Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
That may or may not be reality, but I think that is a pretty tough sell to the GM of the Reds. They've basically been in a rebuild since 2014 and I don't think they're just gonna accept the notion that they'll still be in a rebuild in 2023.

Plus, I think you're kinda overstating the futility of their current situation. The Cubs are on the back end of their competitive window and have major issues to address moving forward. The Cardinals always seen to find a way to be decent, but that team doesn't appear to be approach juggernaut status any time soon. Outside of a few guys, a lot of the Brewer's core is either aging or on very short term deals. Plus their pitching isn't anything to write home about. I think its completely possible that the NL Central is wide open by 2021. Even more so than it is today.
I’m not overstating anything. Votto is having a bad year, they have 3 prospects in the top 100 and their best prospect just had tommy john. Anything could happen but the Cubs have the money to outspend most mistakes so I wouldn’t say the Reds will be up there in 2 years. Their best play would be to turn 1 good piece into 2