View Poll Results: A-Rod vs. Selig, for the World Heavyweight Championship?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • A-Rod wins.

4 18.18%
  • Bud gets what he wants.

11 50.00%
  • I support Torrie Wilson.

7 31.82%

Thread: A-Rod vs. Bud

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts

A-Rod vs. Bud

Who's going to win this?

A-Rod stormed out of the arbitration hearing, putting on a show and calling out Selig.

Neither guy is very popular amongst MLB fans in general, but I have to root for Selig to win because it also happens to be the side of MLB.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    I'm going to say there's no way A-Rod wins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Less filling

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    I'm going to say there's no way A-Rod wins.
    A-Rod winning would be reducing his suspension from 1 season to 50 games.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts
    I want ARod to win because if he is suspended the Yankees are off the hook for his salary for this season. Its awfully convenient that ARoid gets suspended when its critically important that they get under the luxury cap. If ARoid loses they Yankees will probably sign McCann, I dont want to see McCann tainted by the stink of the most incompetent team in sports. If the Yankees manage to stay under the luxury cap this year then next year they will go up to 250 million a year with the savings from they get from not paying any luxury tax. Sad thing is they probably still wont win the world series even with a quarter of a billion dollars a year.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    I have to go with Bud.

I saw a little of this brouhaha on ESPN, and A-Rod continues to be a delusional, self-absorbed nutjob. If he doesn't qualify as a narcissistic personality, I don't know who would.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    The less I hear about this tool the better. Can't wait to laugh at him on DWTS.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    No opinion. Not particularly a fan of Rodriguez, but I think Selig is an absolute tool.

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    I support the decision that most injures, embarrasses and hurts ARoid, Bud AND the Skankees. Anything else would be less satisfying!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    A few Roto blurbs mentioned that Selig had gotten his info from some unseedy ways and that Arod may indeed have a case against him to call this a witch hunt. I hope Arod goes down, hard, but if there is any way he can make Selig out a fool also is good with me.
    Ivermectin Man

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Baseball will be much, MUCH better off when both men are gone from the game.

But in this squabble, I support A-Rod. Not because I like him or anything, mind you. It's because he is a symptom of the culture that Selig allowed to happen.

It's like if you hire a group of maids to clean your mansion, promise a bonus to the one that cleans their area the fastest, and then a few of them end up just stealing all your stuff to make your house look cleaner in a shorter time. Would you blame the maid for taking an unethical route to meet your challenge, or would you blame yourself for being an idiot and not laying out specific rules and regulations to be followed?

Bud Selig is that idiot, wanting to blame anyone and everyone but himself, when being the boss means that you're responsible for what happened on your watch. But I've never once heard him say he should've worked a little harder during that era to regulate steroids.

Not to mention the whole thing about him basically taking the TBS money from the Braves... yeah, A-rod all the way.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wheresmykayak For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (11-21-2013), Hawk (11-21-2013)

Awaiting a Promotion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Here is how I see it. If Ryan Braun got 65 games after already having tested before, and then lying about it and destroying another man's reputation, for PEDS, then Arod deserves no more game suspension than Braun did. The precedent was set with Braun, simple as that.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wheresmykayak View Post
    Baseball will be much, MUCH better off when both men are gone from the game.

But in this squabble, I support A-Rod. Not because I like him or anything, mind you. It's because he is a symptom of the culture that Selig allowed to happen.

It's like if you hire a group of maids to clean your mansion, promise a bonus to the one that cleans their area the fastest, and then a few of them end up just stealing all your stuff to make your house look cleaner in a shorter time. Would you blame the maid for taking an unethical route to meet your challenge, or would you blame yourself for being an idiot and not laying out specific rules and regulations to be followed?

Bud Selig is that idiot, wanting to blame anyone and everyone but himself, when being the boss means that you're responsible for what happened on your watch. But I've never once heard him say he should've worked a little harder during that era to regulate steroids.

Not to mention the whole thing about him basically taking the TBS money from the Braves... yeah, A-rod all the way.
    You wrote basically what I wanted to write except I'm not that big a fan of Rodriguez either. Selig created this culture and now wants to punish those who followed the behavior that he basically allowed.

The feud with Ted Turner (which I think is at the heart of his taking the TBS money) is simply because Turner believed Selig to be a fool and made no bones about pointing that out on occasion. Of course, Turner managed to tick off Selig's predecessors as well. A great book to read about baseball ownership is The Lords of the Realm by John Helyar. Pre-Selig for the most part, but filled with a lot of great stories about baseball owners.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/Lords-Realm-Jo...ds=john+helyar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by depley View Post
    Here is how I see it. If Ryan Braun got 65 games after already having tested before, and then lying about it and destroying another man's reputation, for PEDS, then Arod deserves no more game suspension than Braun did. The precedent was set with Braun, simple as that.
    Thats a valid point. Braun really should have got a full season. 50 games for the first time that he got off on a technicality and we now know 100% that he was full of ****. 100 games for the second time he was caught which was the biogensis stuff. Then another 12 games to make it a full season for destroying that mans reputation to make it a full season,

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts
    After thinking about it it really is BS that Bud wont testify. That tells me he has something to hide. Its not even a court of law its an arbitration hearing where Bud had a strong say in picking the judge. MLB appeal hearing is still far more fair than the NFL where Goodell is judge, jury, and executioner.

I like that Arod said Bud doesnt like New York though, Selig could not possibly be more of a butt buddy for the Yankees. I wish Selig hated Atlanta enough to suspend Uggla and BJ for 211 games.

It’s over."