Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: GDT 6/28/19: A legit GDT to get us winning again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,704 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    Nationals have a cake end of season schedule. I think they’ll be 5 out at the break. We have to sure up the rotation. And have at least one more pen piece.

If they trade anyone in the top ten I’ll be upset
    July after break looks tough for them though... 19 games and 17 of those have a winning record

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Maybe for another team. He’s not better than jd. I do not think he’s better than Riley.

I still think he should get one day at 3b, one st ss, one at 2b and one at a corner every 10 games. But s it says that can’t happen bc we have a lineup.
    He is definitely not better than Josh this year - Riley I get concerned about only because he always struggles early on and then adjusts. Moving forward Riley is better than either of them.

However, it still gets back to the question and it is so easy in hindsight to say but what is the better pairing?

Brantley 16
    Ottavino 9

or

Donaldson 23
    Neck 4
    Comp pick or addition year of Donaldson

Who knows if Brantley or Ottavino ever wanted to come here or if they would have signed at those rates. Its also easy to say the long term nature of the contracts are more palatable because of what we know now with Acuna/Ablies.

If all those things are just assumed its clear the Braves are a better team with option A.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Maybe for another team. He’s not better than jd. I do not think he’s better than Riley.

I still think he should get one day at 3b, one st ss, one at 2b and one at a corner every 10 games. But s it says that can’t happen bc we have a lineup.
    Camargo is in the exact role he should be: utility player for a contender. He is an important piece to a good team. Not sure why folks can’t be content with that and insist on exaggerating what his role should be.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

Hudson2 (06-29-2019), salmagundy (06-29-2019)

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Camargo is in the exact role he should be: utility player for a contender. He is an important piece to a good team. Not sure why folks can’t be content with that and insist on exaggerating what his role should be.
    I’m agreeing that he is a utility guy.

My complaint is that they are not scheduling in days for him. He should play regularly. Our guys should get regular rest.

He’s not Culbertson or Joyce. I think those guys are a step below him. And I think it’s a special skill to be able to produce in a pinch hit role.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    He is definitely not better than Josh this year - Riley I get concerned about only because he always struggles early on and then adjusts. Moving forward Riley is better than either of them.

However, it still gets back to the question and it is so easy in hindsight to say but what is the better pairing?

Brantley 16
    Ottavino 9

or

Donaldson 23
    Neck 4
    Comp pick or addition year of Donaldson

Who knows if Brantley or Ottavino ever wanted to come here or if they would have signed at those rates. Its also easy to say the long term nature of the contracts are more palatable because of what we know now with Acuna/Ablies.

If all those things are just assumed its clear the Braves are a better team with option A.
    I get that.

But the years matter. Brantley is two years and ottivino is 3. I don’t like owning his age 35 season.

Brantley seemed perfect. Lh and two years is perfect. I don’t see Pache and waters on the team next year.

I think aa was in love with jd, was not going to lose a pick and was all in one year deals.

He still seems unsure of his team and he doesn’t want to make any long term decisions.

I bet our moves are for rental arms. Gausman seemed like a great deal with control and that hadn’t worked. I don’t see us signing up for multiple years unless it’s some stud starter he has a personal relationship with like stroman

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    unless it’s some stud starter he has a personal relationship with like stroman
    care to elaborate?
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Just like DeRo, and Prado, and Infante. Fans always want that ideal super sub to start. Then they do, and they're not good enough, and in more cases than not the fans that loved them so start to hate them for not being good enough (Prado an exception here, he seemed immune to hatred).