Rumor is someone with the Angels organization is involved

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippyjms View Post
    Rumor is someone with the Angels organization is involved
    My guess is professional athletic trainers have all kinds of connections to all kinds of "cures."

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    If someone gave Skaggs Fentanyl, then they need to immediately have whatever license they have revoked and given a jail sentence. There is absolutely zero reason to give a healthy professional athlete in their 20s a fentanyl prescription. My grandmother is 77 and wheelchair bound with a ridiculously curved spine that keeps her in constant extreme pain and they still won't give her fentanyl. You rarely hear of that drug being given to someone unless they are in hospice care or something like that.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    If someone gave Skaggs Fentanyl, then they need to immediately have whatever license they have revoked and given a jail sentence. There is absolutely zero reason to give a healthy professional athlete in their 20s a fentanyl prescription. My grandmother is 77 and wheelchair bound with a ridiculously curved spine that keeps her in constant extreme pain and they still won't give her fentanyl. You rarely hear of that drug being given to someone unless they are in hospice care or something like that.
    I doubt it was a prescription. My point is that trainers and other clubhouse personnel are often go-fors for the players and Skaggs probably put in an order and somehow fentanyl got unfortunately mixed into the goods. Same thing happened to Prince if you recall his death.

I don't know Skaggs and I am hardly in a position to criticize someone in their 20s for their use/abuse of substances legal and otherwise. I'm a recovering alcoholic and I spent most of my 20s in some measure of a booze-infused haze, but I really get tired of the overblown ceremonies/patches on the sleeve schtick that accompanies the death of these guys. Skaggs was a human being who made a tragic mistake. He had feet of clay and his death, while tragic, is no more tragic that a life lost under similar circumstances by a guy on the street.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-01-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Skaggs was living a very successful life. Probably had been doing this for a while. The deadly ingredient here was probably the alcohol. Someone should really ban that stuff.
    You need to do some basic research on what fentanyl is

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zbhargrove For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-01-2019), thethe (09-01-2019)