2. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

Super (07-25-2019)

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Don't hurt yourself trying to pat yourself on the back there - you didn't "explain" anything.
    i did, multiple people thanked me for it, and despite breaking it down in the simplest possible terms, you still don't seem to understand. i won't engage with you on it any further.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,989 Posts
    Don't hurt yourself trying to pat yourself on the back there - you didn't "explain" anything.

zbhargrove tried to make it sound like he had actually seen more of Wright's college starts than cajun did - he didn't once mention anything about where his info came from.

Go back and re-read post #186 - no mention of any FanGraphs article or data, no link to any scouting reports, nothing other than "I'm sure you watched a ton of his college starts lmao". Why not simply provide those numbers/scouting reports/etc. in the treasure chest of info he possesses?
    I literally laughed out load at this post. clv, you really just need to stop. If you anyone needs to "Go back and re-read post #186", it most definitely is you. When someone says something that's completely irregular, it's perfectly acceptable to ask for proof, even if you haven't done such research yourself. It's the contrarian's duty to prove their argument. I guess you didn't understand Enscheff's example.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts

zbhargrove tried to make it sound like he had actually seen more of Wright's college starts than cajun did - he didn't once mention anything about where his info came from.

Go back and re-read post #186 - no mention of any FanGraphs article or data, no link to any scouting reports, nothing other than "I'm sure you watched a ton of his college starts lmao". Why not simply provide those numbers/scouting reports/etc. in the treasure chest of info he possesses?
    christ, man. like....sheesh.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rawwr View Post
    i did, multiple people thanked me for it, and despite breaking it down in the simplest possible terms, you still don't seem to understand. i won't engage with you on it any further.
    You have to understand the level of intellect you're dealing with here.

There's a reason nobody else bothered to explain to clvderp why his comment was moronic...it won't matter.

Aggressively stupid people can't even contemplate that they are stupid, which makes them the worst kind of stupid.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 07-25-2019 at 02:31 PM.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Man, I always miss the fun stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts

Goodness gracious you must struggle at the simple things in life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts
    Ok, I know people have been highly anticipating my scouting report on Kyle Wright because no one knows scouting like me.

First his pitches......

4 seam fastball - above average velocity that has some sink to it that generates groundballs but only slightly above average in that regard but is below average in terms of swing and miss potential. BABIP isnt going to be his friend with this pitch.

Sinker - He seems to have abandoned it in his latest start but it lacks armside run. Velocity is okay but its a below average pitch overall.

Slider - very good pitch that moves down and away(Andruw would corckscrew himself into the ground swinging at this pitch). Generates both an extreme amount of groundballs and whiffs. Lacks the ability to throw it for a strike consistently and the ability to get ahead of hitters with his other pitches to set hitters up for it.

Curve - good movement but lacks depth. Hitters square it up too consistently and put it in the air a lot.

Changeup - Lacks good movement and is also too easy for hitters to put in the air leading to too many homers.

Now on to the 5 tools that are most important for a pitcher using the traditional 20-80 scale.

Baseball Name - 60 - Its well known that hard to pronounce name players lack the love for baseball. Kyle Wright is a good simple name that you can easily see leading a rotation. He lacks a clever nickname but there are a few witty puns and potential for nicknames. Much like Larry Jones sounds like a decent baseball name its taken to another level with a good nickname like Chipper. No better example than Foltynewicz. Very good pitcher with a very bad handicap that is probably the reason he lost his slider. Having a 70 grade baseball name like Julio Teheran helps his stuff play up which is why he does so well with ever declining stuff. Have you ever noticed that pitchers that succeed with fastballs in the low and mid 80's all have 80 grade baseball names. Remember David Ortiz? He was released by the Twins then picked up the Big Papi nickname and became a hall of famer.

Intestinal Fortitude - 30 - the one thing that we should take away from his starts so far is that he lacks the gonads to be a top starter. He just falls apart in stressful innings loses the ability and/or will to throw strikes leading to a lot of short outings. Pitchers with balls can give up some runs and still maintain some effectiveness. Wright crumbles in the face of the slightest bit of adversity. The only good sign is that he had enough to pass on signing out of HS and bet on himself by going to Vanderbilt. Some people say he only went to college because he knew this pitching thing wouldnt work out. But not me, I give him some credit there.

Sex appeal - 40 - Nowhere can I find any record of this guy ever having a girlfriend. No one respects women more than me but a hot piece of ass is essential to being a top player. Look at Verlander, nailing Kate Upton and he is one of the best pitchers of this generation. This is not to say Kyle does not have a girlfriend, just that she must not be hot enough to be public about it. Money is definetely sexy and he got a good signing bonus and even league minimum is enough to get most womens motor going.

Love of baseball - 50 - This is one of the most important tools. Generational talents like Jason Heywood is a good example of what having a low Love of Baseball tool can do to a player. Dont underrate this tool. Anthony Rendon thinks baseball is boring and his low Love of Baseball tool infects the rest of the team which is why the constantly underperform year after year. Wright is solid in this tool as evidence by his calling a Mississippi Braves season ticket holder who had cancer to let him know that he made the team. If he had a elite Love of Baseball tool he would have channeled that into an inspiring story that would no doubt have cured the fan of cancer.

Swag - 30 - Now I'll be honest I am not the best at scouting swag although people tell me I scout swag probably better than anyone in history but there is a very obvious lack of a gold chain around his neck when he is pitching. Now there have been some players with elite swag like Brad Woodall who have busted but he probably doesnt even get drafted if not for his elite swag emanating from his gold chain. Fortunately I think this is the tool that can most improve the most. The Braves need to get him to train with an NBA player who can show him the art of blowing your signing bonus on diamond encrusted necklaces that spell out his name.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

nsacpi (07-27-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Ok, I know people have been highly anticipating my scouting report on Kyle Wright because no one knows scouting like me.

First his pitches......

4 seam fastball - above average velocity that has some sink to it that generates groundballs but only slightly above average in that regard but is below average in terms of swing and miss potential. BABIP isnt going to be his friend with this pitch.

Sinker - He seems to have abandoned it in his latest start but it lacks armside run. Velocity is okay but its a below average pitch overall.

Slider - very good pitch that moves down and away(Andruw would corckscrew himself into the ground swinging at this pitch). Generates both an extreme amount of groundballs and whiffs. Lacks the ability to throw it for a strike consistently and the ability to get ahead of hitters with his other pitches to set hitters up for it.

Curve - good movement but lacks depth. Hitters square it up too consistently and put it in the air a lot.

Changeup - Lacks good movement and is also too easy for hitters to put in the air leading to too many homers.

Now on to the 5 tools that are most important for a pitcher using the traditional 20-80 scale.

Baseball Name - 60 - Its well known that hard to pronounce name players lack the love for baseball. Kyle Wright is a good simple name that you can easily see leading a rotation. He lacks a clever nickname but there are a few witty puns and potential for nicknames. Much like Larry Jones sounds like a decent baseball name its taken to another level with a good nickname like Chipper. No better example than Foltynewicz. Very good pitcher with a very bad handicap that is probably the reason he lost his slider. Having a 70 grade baseball name like Julio Teheran helps his stuff play up which is why he does so well with ever declining stuff. Have you ever noticed that pitchers that succeed with fastballs in the low and mid 80's all have 80 grade baseball names. Remember David Ortiz? He was released by the Twins then picked up the Big Papi nickname and became a hall of famer.

Intestinal Fortitude - 30 - the one thing that we should take away from his starts so far is that he lacks the gonads to be a top starter. He just falls apart in stressful innings loses the ability and/or will to throw strikes leading to a lot of short outings. Pitchers with balls can give up some runs and still maintain some effectiveness. Wright crumbles in the face of the slightest bit of adversity. The only good sign is that he had enough to pass on signing out of HS and bet on himself by going to Vanderbilt. Some people say he only went to college because he knew this pitching thing wouldnt work out. But not me, I give him some credit there.

Sex appeal - 40 - Nowhere can I find any record of this guy ever having a girlfriend. No one respects women more than me but a hot piece of ass is essential to being a top player. Look at Verlander, nailing Kate Upton and he is one of the best pitchers of this generation. This is not to say Kyle does not have a girlfriend, just that she must not be hot enough to be public about it. Money is definetely sexy and he got a good signing bonus and even league minimum is enough to get most womens motor going.

Love of baseball - 50 - This is one of the most important tools. Generational talents like Jason Heywood is a good example of what having a low Love of Baseball tool can do to a player. Dont underrate this tool. Anthony Rendon thinks baseball is boring and his low Love of Baseball tool infects the rest of the team which is why the constantly underperform year after year. Wright is solid in this tool as evidence by his calling a Mississippi Braves season ticket holder who had cancer to let him know that he made the team. If he had a elite Love of Baseball tool he would have channeled that into an inspiring story that would no doubt have cured the fan of cancer.

Swag - 30 - Now I'll be honest I am not the best at scouting swag although people tell me I scout swag probably better than anyone in history but there is a very obvious lack of a gold chain around his neck when he is pitching. Now there have been some players with elite swag like Brad Woodall who have busted but he probably doesnt even get drafted if not for his elite swag emanating from his gold chain. Fortunately I think this is the tool that can most improve the most. The Braves need to get him to train with an NBA player who can show him the art of blowing your signing bonus on diamond encrusted necklaces that spell out his name.
    I was hoping your report would include hair and skills with a comb/hair brush/hair dryer
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."