User Tag List

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 249

Thread: Braves trading for Stroman?

  1. #141
    Shift Leader CyYoung31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,943
    Thanks
    1,001
    Thanked 6,033 Times in 3,051 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Individual-1 View Post
    How would Stroman fit on this team?
    Itís a tight clubhouse, but he may help loosen it up a bit.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

    cajunrevenge (07-11-2019),Carp (07-11-2019)

  3. #142
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,206
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 377 Times in 283 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuŮaís Bat Flip View Post
    Dang...I knew Stroman wasnít a big guy, but Acuna really isnít either and he makes him look about 5í5.

  4. #143
    Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    7,512
    Thanks
    3,062
    Thanked 1,257 Times in 874 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flash Gordon was not that tall either.

  5. #144
    It's OVER 5,000!
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,751
    Thanks
    234
    Thanked 983 Times in 753 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    then I offer for your consideration his career numbers (covering 2017-2019)

    slash line of .273/.330/.439

    wRC+ 102

    BABIP .320

    WAR 4.0 in 282 games

    xwOBA .299

    50PoundHead: Camargo is not good depth? Wow. Tough crowd.
    Super: right now? no. he's at -0.4 WAR on the year.

    I'm not sure what you meant by that response. I interpreted it as giving excessive weight to his 2019 numbers. Perhaps you did not mean to do that.
    wOBA

    Excellent .400
    Great .370
    Above Average .340
    Average .320
    Below Average .310
    Poor .300
    Awful .290

  6. #145
    Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

    Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Individual-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    School of Hard Cox
    Posts
    18,887
    Thanks
    7,166
    Thanked 7,344 Times in 4,218 Posts
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    wOBA

    Excellent .400
    Great .370
    Above Average .340
    Average .320
    Below Average .310
    Poor .300
    Awful .290
    Stroman .500
    Forever Fredi


  7. #146
    Arbitration Eligible
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    2,805
    Thanks
    4,601
    Thanked 1,078 Times in 690 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't see a fit for a starting pitcher on the trade market. Wheeler, Bumgarner, Stroman aren't impressive, and Thor is too expensive. I'm hoping the Braves pick up a mediocre reliever cheap and call it a day.
    I could've been six feet under
    I could've been lost forever
    Yeah I should be in that fire
    But now there's fire inside of me

    Crowder

  8. #147
    It's OVER 5,000!
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,751
    Thanks
    234
    Thanked 983 Times in 753 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBrave View Post
    so are we getting to about the time we call Wright a bad draft pick? At the time we drafted him, the pick was given much praise by experts and even said he might have been the best player in the draft.
    Ace after four spring training starts, bust after up and down half season. I feel another shift coming.

    He should not be traded for a #3/4 starter that doesnít strike anyone out.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Southcack77 For This Useful Post:

    Jaw (07-12-2019)

  10. #148
    It's OVER 5,000! Runnin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7,959
    Thanks
    3,292
    Thanked 2,294 Times in 1,571 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    It’s a tight clubhouse, but he may help loosen it up a bit.
    FF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

  11. #149
    Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    7,512
    Thanks
    3,062
    Thanked 1,257 Times in 874 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Like Joe Torry?

    I wonder how many people know him.

  12. #150
    It's OVER 5,000! cajunrevenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    uranus
    Posts
    10,343
    Thanks
    3,129
    Thanked 2,574 Times in 1,663 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBrave View Post
    so are we getting to about the time we call Wright a bad draft pick? At the time we drafted him, the pick was given much praise by experts and even said he might have been the best player in the draft.

    I have been ****ting on Wright since before we drafted him but it wasnt a wrong pick. I was fine with it for the reason that we could trade him before he busts. Really ****ing tired of these low floor college pitchers who dont even reach their supposed floor. We need to cash in on the imaginary surplus value before its too late imo.
    "State power feeds on crisis and enemies"

    John T. Flynn 1944

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

    Chipper (07-12-2019)

  14. #151
    10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    4,629
    Thanks
    916
    Thanked 1,061 Times in 720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I have been ****ting on Wright since before we drafted him but it wasnt a wrong pick. I was fine with it for the reason that we could trade him before he busts. Really ****ing tired of these low floor college pitchers who dont even reach their supposed floor. We need to cash in on the imaginary surplus value before its too late imo.
    i mean it's not like Wright is done by any means...
    "This is the end of my presidency. I'm ****ed." - Donald J. Trump, innocent and totally exonerated man, upon hearing a special counsel has been appointed to investigate him.

  15. #152
    10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    4,629
    Thanks
    916
    Thanked 1,061 Times in 720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    Ace after four spring training starts, bust after up and down half season. I feel another shift coming.

    He should not be traded for a #3/4 starter that doesnít strike anyone out.
    idk Wright being at 3/4 at this point would be a win.
    "This is the end of my presidency. I'm ****ed." - Donald J. Trump, innocent and totally exonerated man, upon hearing a special counsel has been appointed to investigate him.

  16. #153
    It's OVER 5,000!
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,751
    Thanks
    234
    Thanked 983 Times in 753 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    idk Wright being at 3/4 at this point would be a win.
    We got 2 or 3 more rounds of "Ace or Bust" before it's all done.

    For me, Wright's upside has always been a 2/3. I don't think a 3/4 is a huge win or a huge loss.

  17. #154
    Anytime Now Frankie... NYCBrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,665
    Thanks
    867
    Thanked 309 Times in 199 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    i mean it's not like Wright is done by any means...
    He's not. But it's gotta be disappointing when you have a pick that high and are told the kid has Ace potential, and should be ready to reach the majors fast.

  18. #155
    10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    4,629
    Thanks
    916
    Thanked 1,061 Times in 720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBrave View Post
    He's not. But it's gotta be disappointing when you have a pick that high and are told the kid has Ace potential, and should be ready to reach the majors fast.
    he's definitely been disappointing. but he's not yet a bust and his career isn't over. plenty of opportunity to turn it around.
    "This is the end of my presidency. I'm ****ed." - Donald J. Trump, innocent and totally exonerated man, upon hearing a special counsel has been appointed to investigate him.

  19. #156
    10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    4,629
    Thanks
    916
    Thanked 1,061 Times in 720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    We got 2 or 3 more rounds of "Ace or Bust" before it's all done.

    For me, Wright's upside has always been a 2/3. I don't think a 3/4 is a huge win or a huge loss.
    him becoming a "2" would be an enormous W. chances of that have gone down significantly.
    "This is the end of my presidency. I'm ****ed." - Donald J. Trump, innocent and totally exonerated man, upon hearing a special counsel has been appointed to investigate him.

  20. #157
    PosiBraves Hell Gatekeeper
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    17,423
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 5,579 Times in 3,305 Posts
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    We got 2 or 3 more rounds of "Ace or Bust" before it's all done.

    For me, Wright's upside has always been a 2/3. I don't think a 3/4 is a huge win or a huge loss.
    Yeah, I'm not sure where this "Ace potential" narrative came from. It certainly wasn't started on draft day by anyone with half a clue.
    I think he (Teheran) finishes with a FIP ~3.3. -CrazyTrain 3/25/2019

    Gausman had a bad walk ratio for us -CrazyTrain 11/20/2018
    BB/9 with Braves: 2.72

    Fried, Newk and a couple other guys for Bumgarner and give him a pay day for 6ish years -CrazyTrain 10/15/18

  21. #158
    Danville Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    322
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 57 Times in 49 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    I really don't see a fit for a starting pitcher on the trade market. Wheeler, Bumgarner, Stroman aren't impressive, and Thor is too expensive. I'm hoping the Braves pick up a mediocre reliever cheap and call it a day.
    I know he hasnít been that great this year but of all the pitchers you listed Iíd go after Wheeler.
    To me besides Thor, he has the best stuff of that group and if heís on is more likely to get more swings and misses.
    Also doesnít hurt that Iíve watched him since he was in middle school and might get some tickets out of it haha

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Buzzworm For This Useful Post:

    Jaw (07-12-2019)

  23. #159
    It's OVER 5,000!
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,751
    Thanks
    234
    Thanked 983 Times in 753 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure where this "Ace potential" narrative came from. It certainly wasn't started on draft day by anyone with half a clue.

    Yeah, I'm not sure if you are agreeing with me or disagreeing with me.

    After spring training, it got a little erect around here.

  24. #160
    Waiting for Free Agency
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Orlando,FL
    Posts
    3,628
    Thanks
    539
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 592 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark Bowman's reports carry a lot of gravity

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •