Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Here's a new tweet from OP. Maybe he was trying to post this:

That was it
    Get off my lawn!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts
    These are some major league teams #Rangers #Twins #Cubs #Brewers #Angels #Expos #PSYCHE

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drewdat For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (07-22-2019), Super (07-23-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Here's a new tweet from OP. Maybe he was trying to post this:

Well that’s certainly riveting “news”

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,127 Posts
    Add Prime Time Sports to the list of voices we can safely ignore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,728 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    i mean it's not like Wright is done by any means...

Whatever Wright needs I do not believe he will find it with the Braves. I am so confident that he will never be anything meaningful for the Braves that I will get an "I heart yankees" tatoo on my ass if he ever produces a sub 4 era half season with the Braves as a starter. He makes Kyle Davies look like Cy Young. Literally have never seen a worse prospect come up than Wright in my 30 years of watching baseball.

I gave him 3 years without bitching about him or the pick. Cant do it anymore. Someone should be fired for picking him. He is the kind of pitcher the Royals take which was also the reason they were cellar dwellers for 20 years.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 07-22-2019 at 11:50 PM.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Whatever Wright needs I do not believe he will find it with the Braves. I am so confident that he will never be anything meaningful for the Braves that I will get an "I heart yankees" tatoo on my ass if he ever produces a sub 4 era half season with the Braves as a starter. He makes Kyle Davies look like Cy Young. Literally have never seen a worse prospect come up than Wright in my 30 years of watching baseball.

I gave him 3 years without bitching about him or the pick. Cant do it anymore. Someone should be fired for picking him. He is the kind of pitcher the Royals take which was also the reason they were cellar dwellers for 20 years.
    That seems pretty crazy given he has a grand total of 16.2 innings pitched in the majors. Also, he was drafted two years ago, not 3.

Man some of you guys just refuse to let any development take place at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,728 Posts
    He was drafted June of 2017. Its July 2019. 3 years. I would laugh if I wasnt so pissed off that your telling me 3 years of development isnt enough for a pitcher who when drafted was all about his low floor and how quick he could be a quality starter in the majors. Supposedly has 2 plus breaking balls and cant even crack the roster as a reliever. Fatolo Colon is a better pitcher at 60 throwing 78 mph meatballs than Wright is now. Theres only 1 other Braves draft pick I hate this much and everyone kept telling me you gotta wait for the development. That prospect washed out at AA. His name was Cody "whiff' Johnson.

It’s over."

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    He was drafted June of 2017. Its July 2019. 3 years. I would laugh if I wasnt so pissed off that your telling me 3 years of development isnt enough for a pitcher who when drafted was all about his low floor and how quick he could be a quality starter in the majors. Supposedly has 2 plus breaking balls and cant even crack the roster as a reliever. Fatolo Colon is a better pitcher at 60 throwing 78 mph meatballs than Wright is now. Theres only 1 other Braves draft pick I hate this much and everyone kept telling me you gotta wait for the development. That prospect washed out at AA. His name was Cody "whiff' Johnson.
    I can't believe I'm about to have a debate about how long 3 years is. Yes, he was drafted in June of 2017. Since then, 25 months have passed. There are 12 months in a year. So unless you're rounding up from 1 month, he was drafted two years ago.

This board is about to transcend into another universe of dumb. This trade deadline is turning everybody into idiots. Make a trade already AA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    So you're really going to count 2017 as a whole year when he pitched all of 16.3 innings?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    That seems pretty crazy given he has a grand total of 16.2 innings pitched in the majors. Also, he was drafted two years ago, not 3.

Man some of you guys just refuse to let any development take place at all.
    I'm on your side here, but just as an FYI, adding in his 2018 he's pitched 22.2 innings in the majors... still mind numbingly stupid to give up on a guy based on that.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    I'm on your side here, but just as an FYI, adding in his 2018 he's pitched 22.2 innings in the majors... still mind numbingly stupid to give up on a guy based on that.
    Ahh, you're right. Read the wrong line on BB-ref

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    I can't believe I'm about to have a debate about how long 3 years is. Yes, he was drafted in June of 2017. Since then, 25 months have passed. There are 12 months in a year. So unless you're rounding up from 1 month, he was drafted two years ago.

This board is about to transcend into another universe of dumb. This trade deadline is turning everybody into idiots. Make a trade already AA.
    I think he's saying he's had 3 years of pitching in the system and he's counting the year he was drafted as one of those year which is ridiculously stupid considering he only pitched 16.3 innings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts

He pitched very good in 2018 with a 3.70 ERA/3.34 FIP/3.46 xFIP in AA
    2.51 ERA/3.23 FIP/ 3.33 xFIP in AAA (and a walk rate of 2.51 per 9)

Sure he's struggled a bit in 2019, but that's the worst prospect you've ever seen come up in 30 years dude? You're an idiot and a drama queen.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    So you're really going to count 2017 as a whole year when he pitched all of 16.3 innings?
    Ahhh, he was saying 3 seasons, not years. Even then he's still wrong. Half year in 2017, full year in 2018, and a half year this year lol.

I honestly thought I was about to get into a heated debate about how long 3 years is haha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,728 Posts
    Whatever. Counting the days till we DFA Wright in 2021 and trade him to the Royals for pennies on the dollar for what we could have got for him now.

We are going to be a bottom 10 farm system after out big 3 graduate and its specifically going to be because we keep throwing picks away on these college buns. Carter Stewart will be a competent MLB SP before Wright is.

And to get slightly back on topic I actually liked Stroman coming out of college. Pretty sure I wanted Walker Bueler the year we drafted Anderson. So I dont disqualify players just for going to college. Wrights profile just screamed bust.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 07-23-2019 at 01:18 AM.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    Whatever. Counting the days till we DFA Wright in 2021 and trade him to the Royals for pennies on the dollar for what we could have got for him now.

We are going to be a bottom 10 farm system after out big 3 graduate and its specifically going to be because we keep throwing picks away on these college buns. Carter Stewart will be a competent MLB SP before Wright is.

And to get slightly back on topic I actually liked Stroman coming out of college. Pretty sure I wanted Walker Bueler the year we drafted Anderson. So I dont disqualify players just for going to college. Wrights profile just screamed bust.
    "Whatever" he says... so you can't actually produce legit numbers, you are just crying about a rookie based on his first 4 career MLB starts. You're probably right, I certainly can't think of a single big time prospect who has struggled with their first MLB action.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    "Whatever" he says... so you can't actually produce legit numbers, you are just crying about a rookie based on his first 4 career MLB starts. You're probably right, I certainly can't think of a single big time prospect who has struggled with their first MLB action.
    I've been saying that Pache is a bust ever since he had that bad 4 game stretch back in 2017. He had a hitless 3 game stretch this year which confirmed my suspicions.