User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: TUESDAY MINORS FINAL 7/16/19; Muller anchors Miss. shutout

  1. #21
    It's OVER 5,000!
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,750
    Thanks
    234
    Thanked 983 Times in 753 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Waters may have more offensive potential, though right now I definitely like Pache's numbers more. But I don't think there's any question whose defense is better. Kiley knows more than I do, but I am having trouble seeing Waters at the same level as Pache.
    Yeah, I like Pache's line this year better, but because BBs and Ks are slightly better and he has tapped into more HR power. Right now you have to say he's the better player if forced to rate their present situation.

    Pache has reputation for all world defense and that certainly stands out if true, but I've always understood Waters to be a plus defensive CF as well.

    I do hope that Pache is just accelerating into a really good hitter. If that's the case the Braves are really going to be set up incredibly well. By all accounts, Pache has a great makeup. The body has always looked like it should add power, so it could all come together.
    Last edited by Southcack77; 07-17-2019 at 09:54 AM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Southcack77 For This Useful Post:

    jpx7 (07-17-2019)

  3. #22
    It's OVER 5,000!
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,750
    Thanks
    234
    Thanked 983 Times in 753 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Yeah, but his BABIP has been unusually strong since he was drafted. I kind of wonder if he's trying too hard for power this year, with both K rate and BABIP going up. Or if he's being overly selective on what he swings at. Pitch recognition has never seemed to be a problem for him.

    I just wonder if that is the natural adjustment in numbers that comes from hitting AA at 20 in your second full professional season. I do wonder whether those rates have improved or whether they will improve.

    The BABIP is going to eventually do things to that .335 BA, but not sure winning the batting title is his only path to being really good. Adding some walks and power would be nice.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Southcack77 For This Useful Post:

    Jaw (07-17-2019),jpx7 (07-17-2019)

  5. #23
    It's OVER 5,000!
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,750
    Thanks
    234
    Thanked 983 Times in 753 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think pache is the better prospect bc he's supposed to be elite defensively and an above avg hitter to go with it. I think there's a good chance waters is a better hitter though in the end
    If his bat plays in a corner then Waters is a no trade.

  6. #24
    It's OVER 5,000!
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    6,341
    Thanks
    173
    Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,018 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    I do hope that Pache is just accelerating into a really good hitter. If that's the case the Braves are really going to be set up incredibly well. By all accounts, Pache has a great makeup. The body has always looked like it should add power, so it could all come together.
    Honestly, even if only one of Waters/Pache realizes most of their potential, we're going to be in incredible shape.

    You would have your CF/RF/2B/SS/3B all playing well and on very team-friendly contracts. Then we will still have Freddie crushing for at least a few more years. At that point you only need to spend on a couple positions, and you should have plenty of money to do it. If both Waters and Pache can be major league starters, look out.
    "Acuna is getting lucky, just like CJ did when he batted .321 and won a batting title. He is unlikely to get lucky at the MLB level over an extended period of time. He will settle in around .300-.320 just like everyone else, and when he does, he won't be within shouting distance of the 1.000 OPS he is posting in AAA...more like low .700s in 2018." -Enscheff 8/25/17

  7. #25
    Sabermetric Slut
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Your Mom's Basement
    Posts
    16,697
    Thanks
    1,018
    Thanked 4,693 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Honestly, even if only one of Waters/Pache realizes most of their potential, we're going to be in incredible shape.

    You would have your CF/RF/2B/SS/3B all playing well and on very team-friendly contracts. Then we will still have Freddie crushing for at least a few more years. At that point you only need to spend on a couple positions, and you should have plenty of money to do it. If both Waters and Pache can be major league starters, look out.
    hmmmm

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

    jpx7 (07-17-2019)

  9. #26
    10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    4,628
    Thanks
    916
    Thanked 1,060 Times in 719 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Longenhagen just said in a chat that Waters would be his choice for fantasy purposes (offense only) over Pache, and it's "not close."
    obviously just means he thinks his bat will be better, but definitely interesting.
    "This is the end of my presidency. I'm ****ed." - Donald J. Trump, innocent and totally exonerated man, upon hearing a special counsel has been appointed to investigate him.

  10. #27
    Anytime Now Frankie...
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,437
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 481 Times in 299 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Longenhagen just said in a chat that Waters would be his choice for fantasy purposes (offense only) over Pache, and it's "not close."
    obviously just means he thinks his bat will be better, but definitely interesting.
    I respect that people will have different views of each, but I've not wavered in three years about Pache and his ability. I think he is number one on so many lists because he is now solid to above average in offensive ability to go along with defense that is other worldly. He's still my one and I have a great respect for what Waters will/can be. A and B I guess. Even in the rookie leagues, I loved how Pache took to all the instruction he's given. I think we have a great problem in Pache/Waters. I don't have any doubt that they will both be contributors at a very good level in the majors.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Deester11 For This Useful Post:

    jpx7 (07-17-2019)

  12. #28
    10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    4,628
    Thanks
    916
    Thanked 1,060 Times in 719 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deester11 View Post
    I respect that people will have different views of each, but I've not wavered in three years about Pache and his ability. I think he is number one on so many lists because he is now solid to above average in offensive ability to go along with defense that is other worldly. He's still my one and I have a great respect for what Waters will/can be. A and B I guess. Even in the rookie leagues, I loved how Pache took to all the instruction he's given. I think we have a great problem in Pache/Waters. I don't have any doubt that they will both be contributors at a very good level in the majors.
    to be clear EL thinks pache is a better prospect. just that waters has a better future with the bat. i’m not as sold on waters’ bat but i know far less, but i’ll take pache’s numbers over waters’ this season. more progress being shown IMO. but these things can change quickly at these ages. i’m a big fan of both of them really.
    "This is the end of my presidency. I'm ****ed." - Donald J. Trump, innocent and totally exonerated man, upon hearing a special counsel has been appointed to investigate him.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

    jpx7 (07-17-2019)

  14. #29
    Anytime Now Frankie...
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,437
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 481 Times in 299 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    to be clear EL thinks pache is a better prospect. just that waters has a better future with the bat. i’m not as sold on waters’ bat but i know far less, but i’ll take pache’s numbers over waters’ this season. more progress being shown IMO. but these things can change quickly at these ages. i’m a big fan of both of them really.
    I agree Sup. I've grown with Christian so I get biased at times. As rookies I posted about Cruz (Derian) and Pache. Cruz worked hard but Pache...man he was a man possessed. I'm partial but he's always been my guy. Waters...well if it weren't for Pache, he'd be it. I've seen him for two seasons and he's gifted for sure. On any day it could be either...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •