Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    S-E-C, S-E-C (Kyle Wright, vandy)
    I think Wright will be fine long term. He just isn’t going to help us this year. I hate that they started him against one of the hottest teams in baseball. Ease the kid in some other time. They should have kept with Julio tonight.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    I think Wright will be fine long term. He just isn’t going to help us this year. I hate that they started him against one of the hottest teams in baseball. Ease the kid in some other time. They should have kept with Julio tonight.
    And I guess done a bullpen game on Saturday because there's a decent shot that Allard's ankle is worse than we know. We'll see. If he doesn't start on Saturday that'll be telling.

There's a good chance that bullpenning would've failed as well, but from the way it looks with whatever it is with Wright, a Newcomb/Touki tandeming would've gone MUCH better.
    Aggression with prospects is fine, but being stupid is not. There should be a way to find a happy medium between a Pirates like idea of being overly cautious with prospects and going stupidly fast with prospects.