Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Liberty and payroll - quit crying

Lynchburg Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphysicist View Post
    If you believe Liberty is anywhere close to losing money on the Braves, I have a bridge to sell you in Cobb County.
    yep

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coredor View Post
    My hope is that Liberty will pony up to re-sign this young group of players we have now. I think it might make business sense. In 2017 with the new stadium and trying to sell season tickets would you want to be losing Heyward, Freeman, and Simmons around that time. I wouldn't. Keeping them might take a payroll bump. Personally this year wouldn't be a great year to spend money any way. There is nothing I wouldn't want to lock myself into a long term commitment with what is available. I love Brian McCann, but in the long run we're better off given what it took to sign him.

Now somebody's on to something.

Only steps left in the "master plan" are...

1.) Get extensions worked out with Heyward, Freeman, Simmons, J-Up, Minor, Medlen, Teheran, and Kimbrel with every dime of the new TV money

and

2.) Get word to Price through the back channels that we'll have plenty of money left for him when the new stadium revenues come rolling in.

Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    There is absolute 0% chance we resign Jason, Freddie is the guy that is the must sign. Jason will have a nice career. Freeman has HOF potential written all over him if he keeps it up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    I just don't think Liberty Media gives 2 craps about the success of the Braves on the field. They bought us for a tax deal, realized it was a good investment and just let us do our own thing. It sounds bad, but it's really not the worst situation. At least we're in the hands of good baseball people and not some nutty owner.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    I think Liberty sees the Braves as a long term investment and we all thought it was a tax deal then done. Even if they dont make any profit from the Braves they are making money based on the increasing value of the team. When it comes close to getting a new tv deal the price is going to skyrocket. The new stadium will still be fairly new. By that time the Braves could probably sell for what the Dodgers just did. Thats a pretty good return on investment.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I think Liberty sees the Braves as a long term investment and we all thought it was a tax deal then done. Even if they dont make any profit from the Braves they are making money based on the increasing value of the team. When it comes close to getting a new tv deal the price is going to skyrocket. The new stadium will still be fairly new. By that time the Braves could probably sell for what the Dodgers just did. Thats a pretty good return on investment.
    Braves TV deal isn't up for like 13 more years. If liberty hasn't sold the team by then I'll be pissed.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg