Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts

Israel

Do you agree or disagree that any criticism of Israel's government is by default anti-semitic?

Is criticizing their well established and powerful lobbying influence in the US political landscape a form of anti-semitism?

Is criticizing their current handling of land settlements a form of anti-semitism?

Is criticizing Netanyahu and by extension their current government a form of anti-semitism?

Does being a critic of their government and leadership automatically mean you hate all Israeli's/Jews and are an anti-semite?

Is it possible to be Pro-Israel and not like the Israeli Government?

Can you be Pro-Israeli people and have an opinion their government led by Netanyahu is awful?

----

The reason I am asking, is because thethe and to an extent sturg, are very passionate about this. sturg used to criticize our government for giving Israel so much foreign aid. Now it seems any (D) that criticizes that, sturg and thethe are quick to pull out tweets and such questioning their anti-semitism.

thethe in particular has been very upfront about this. There's absolutely no room for any criticism about Israel's government. Otherwise he claims you hate all jews and are an anti-semite. Although I don't recall thethe ever caring about the anti-semitism that gets directed to George Soros by the right.

So objectively I'd like to know what the rest of the board feels about this. I would like to educate myself more on this subject.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Movements that jeopardize Israels sovereignty is antisemetic. BDS is cleatly an example of that.

Easy to criticize wgen rockets arent beung shot into your childrens schools.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,041 Posts
    I don't believe there's any such thing as inherently prejudiced criticism. Like any form of prejudice, it's the subjective sentiments of the individual leveling the criticism that matter.

A good analogy would be affirmative action. Suppose you have two white people who both say affirmative action is a bad idea and should not be allowed. Person A criticizes it because they believe that it perpetuates racial divides, breeds resentment, and holds back the advancement of American society. Person B criticizes it because they don't like minorities and so can't abide any special treatment for minorities.

You have the same criticism. You might even have the people saying the same words. However, the criticism by Person A is not motivated by prejudice while the criticism by Person B is.

Words are not prejudiced, people are.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (07-26-2019)