Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts

1st Trip to NYC

So I'm taking the wife to NYC at the end of the month for her 30th bday. It's the 1st time either of us have been to the Big Apple. We are putting together an itinerary for a 4 night stay. Anyone have any suggestions on things to do, when to do them, or places to eat?

I'll be buying a subway pass as I'm sure we'll be taking the subway everyday. I checked out some city passes, but they seem expensive and include several things we probably won't do, so I'm not sure we're really getting our money's worth there. We definitely want to see the main attractions like the 9/11 Memorial/Muesem, Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Central Park, Empire State Building, and the Rockefeller Center.

As far as food, the only places I've been told are must tries are John's on Bleeker and Keens steakhouse. What are some other must try restaurants? We aren't picky.

As of now, we're focusing our trip mainly on Midtown and lower Manhattan, but does anyone have any suggestions on what things to do in other neighborhoods like Brooklyn or the Bronx?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    [MENTION=7]thethe[/MENTION] , [MENTION=6]zitothebrave[/MENTION] , [MENTION=155]NYCBrave[/MENTION] , I know you guys are from that general area. Any suggestions from you?
    Last edited by Carp; 08-07-2019 at 08:20 AM.