Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
No one said he averaged 100 MPH at any point in his career. Chapman is the only pitcher to average 100 mph over at least 1 full season since they started gauging pitch speed. Ryan absolutely averaged mid to upper 90's and touched 100 MPH regularly. This is documented. I not sure why anyone would argue against documented statistical facts. And he was still registering radar guns as high as 97 at age 42 (though he was only averaging 93 by this time).

The 108 mph comes from equating the difference in the points at which they were recorded. This site explains where this data comes from. Again, this isn't an opinion. I'm not sure why this argument is still going on and why people can't understand math or at least do a little research. I mean a 5 second google search of "Nolan Ryan mph" literally links you to several sites that state the exact thing I'm saying.

http://www.efastball.com/baseball/st...major-leagues/
I’m not prepared to take whatever that source is as the definitive word on the mathematics of the situation.

The implied claim that Ryan could throw a pitch three miles per hour faster than anyone (including himself) who has been measured the current way l ass one to question whether the methodology is accurate.

The recreated claim that this odd website proves this claim mathematically is bizarre.