Thread: The movement I want to see in America.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,736 Posts

The movement I want to see in America.

The movement I want to see is "Anyone but Republicrats". We will never have true representative government so long as there is a 2 party system. Every candidate will promise change until they get into office. If any of them actually mean it they wont be allowed to win the nomination ala Ron Paul regardless of how many people support them. The reality is that Republicans and Democrats are just different wings of the same party.

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    I'm voting for Jesse "The Body" Ventura. I suggest you do too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,297 Posts
    I ain't got time to bleed.

Not Actually Brian Hunter Metaphysicist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    We will never have true representative government so long as there is a 2 party system.
    So you are saying we haven't had representative government since 1800 or so? That's a let down.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    The republicans and democrats have enjoyed unprecedented control over the us government. For about 160 years. For the last 90 or so large chunks of them have been massively corrupt and there is no falling apart like there is with the whigs.

That said I disagree with the anyone but type of voting. That's the process that lead to mittens getting votes from someone like Johnson who with a few million votes could have done some heavy long term damage

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESP47 View Post
    I'm voting for Jesse "The Body" Ventura. I suggest you do too.

I live in Minnesota. Seriously, you don't want this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,736 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphysicist View Post
    So you are saying we haven't had representative government since 1800 or so? That's a let down.
    I dont know when to pinpoint the exact death of our representative government but what matters is the future. Neither democrats or republicans give a damn about the country, its just a game of power and money to them. I think its time we stop blaming the politicians and start blaming the people who keep voting these yahoos into office. Congress has an approval rating in the teens but a majority of incumbents will be reelected. The Republicrats have a monopoly on our political system and they use that power to prevent anyone who would disrupt that from gaining any meaningful power.

We now have a government that does not care about your rights. They are just obsticals to their objectives. They appoint the judges who are supposed to be the checks to their power. What happened to "Give me liberty or give me death"? We need to realize we dont live in a free society anymore. Free societies dont lead the world in documented incarceration rates. Free societies dont shut down lemonade stands of little kids and dont arrest people for feeding the homeless. 86% of the prison population have committed victimless crimes. Congress has made virtually every US citizen a criminal by making nearly everything illegal. You are more likely to be shot by a cop than you are to be killed by a terrorist in this country.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (07-11-2013), gtcway (07-11-2013), sturg33 (07-11-2013)

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I dont know when to pinpoint the exact death of our representative government but what matters is the future. Neither democrats or republicans give a damn about the country, its just a game of power and money to them. I think its time we stop blaming the politicians and start blaming the people who keep voting these yahoos into office. Congress has an approval rating in the teens but a majority of incumbents will be reelected. The Republicrats have a monopoly on our political system and they use that power to prevent anyone who would disrupt that from gaining any meaningful power.

We now have a government that does not care about your rights. They are just obsticals to their objectives. They appoint the judges who are supposed to be the checks to their power. What happened to "Give me liberty or give me death"? We need to realize we dont live in a free society anymore. Free societies dont lead the world in documented incarceration rates. Free societies dont shut down lemonade stands of little kids and dont arrest people for feeding the homeless. 86% of the prison population have committed victimless crimes. Congress has made virtually every US citizen a criminal by making nearly everything illegal. You are more likely to be shot by a cop than you are to be killed by a terrorist in this country.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURBO View Post
    I ain't got time to bleed.
    You got time to duck???

Called Up to the Major Leagues Gary82's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    375 Posts

Please. Today's America is Give me liberty or, **** it, whatever.

As long as the people are given the illusion of choice and nothing really affects their lives, they won't give a ****. Comfort and complacency soothes the savage mob.

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

I agree 100% but even if we happened to elect someone that was for the people, they would either sell out to the big corps when they got there or they would be assassinated.