Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts

Taking a look at the potential postseason roster

With all our new additions and reinforcements on the way I thought this would be a good time to look at what our playoff roster may look like.

This is the way I see the roster shaping up. I’ve gone with the thought process that we’ll have 3 lefties in the pen as well as 3 catchers and most likely a backup SS besides Culberson on the roster. I believe we’ll carry 12 pitchers and 13 hitters. Some of my bubble players could make the roster if the Braves decide to change that alignment while others strictly have to play their way on.

End Of Season Update

In my end of season update I’ve got Fried in the rotation and I’ve moved Teheran and O’Day to the bullpen. I have Flowers as our primary starter at catcher and added Cervelli to the bench to allow McCann to act as our primary lefty bench bat vs the Cards. I also like Cervelli’s chances not to embarrass himself with the bat in a postseason series against RHP better than Riley’s. With the Cardinals having no lefty SP and Duvall being the first righty off the bench Riley’s opportunities vs LHP would be highly limited.

Below is my final roster

Starting Pitchers

Keuchel
    Soroka
    Folty
    Fried (moved up)

Lefty Relievers

Blevins
    Newk

Righty Relievers

Teheran
    O’Day (moved up)