User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 108

Thread: GTD 9/15: FINISHHH the Nats

  1. #61
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    35,363
    Thanks
    3,814
    Thanked 3,935 Times in 2,864 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves1976 View Post
    I didn't, I used his career numbers. You just keep saying I did, lol. I also combined that with the success of others in the rotation against the same team. Teheran is strong vs the Cardinals so he should start not even considering Folty's bad career numbers against the Cards. The whole start Folty game one isn't happening on a team with Soroka and DK.
    Is your argument then Foltys starts from before 2018 are relevant to analyze if he should start against them in the 2019 playoffs?
    Warm feelings guy!

  2. #62
    NL Rookie of the Year
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    swamps of S. Ga
    Posts
    2,481
    Thanks
    503
    Thanked 350 Times in 225 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    I'd really like to know what Joyce said to Welke, because that was a fast hook.
    I think the more important question should be, "what did Welke say to Joyce to get Joyce to turn around and keep talking, then the ejection??"

    Did Welke bait Joyce ala several other Umps in recent past?
    Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
    And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;......

    And, while with silent, lifting mind Ive trod
    The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
    Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

    High Flight
    by
    John Gillespie Magee, Jr.

  3. #63
    It's OVER 5,000! Braves1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    15,027
    Thanks
    7,679
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,642 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Is your argument then Foltys starts from before 2018 are relevant to analyze if he should start against them in the 2019 playoffs?
    I already told you. Simply put, if you have a pitcher having a strong year unlike Folty despite his good second half and end up facing a team he's been strong against why Folty has been at his worst most starts. Then it's an easy choice and that is why Ken Rosenthal is hearing that Teheran would start vs the Cardinals. That said, I don't want Teheran vs the Dodgers anymore than you do.

    As soon as Folty's little streak ends this lets start him game one of the playoffs talk will fade away. Some will be back to Folty sucks again, lol.
    Last edited by Braves1976; 09-15-2019 at 02:53 PM.

  4. #64
    Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    9,348
    Thanks
    27,502
    Thanked 5,499 Times in 3,214 Posts
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The RD taking another big hit: the Finnish Winds blow strong today.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

  5. #65
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    35,363
    Thanks
    3,814
    Thanked 3,935 Times in 2,864 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves1976 View Post
    I already told you. Simply put, if you have a pitcher having a strong year unlike Folty despite his good second half and end up facing a team he's been strong against why Folty has been at his worst most starts. Then it's an easy choice and that is why Ken Rosenthal is hearing that Teheran would start vs the Cardinals. That said, I don't want Teheran vs the Dodgers anymore than you do.

    As soon as Folty's little streak ends this lets start him game one of the playoffs talk will fade away. Some will be back to Folty sucks again, lol.
    Was Teheran good or lucky against St Louis this year?

    Folty's little streak? What do you call last year?
    Warm feelings guy!

  6. #66
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    35,363
    Thanks
    3,814
    Thanked 3,935 Times in 2,864 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    The RD taking another big hit: the Finnish Winds blow strong today.
    Nats have not been eliminated yet for the division.
    Warm feelings guy!

  7. #67
    Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    9,348
    Thanks
    27,502
    Thanked 5,499 Times in 3,214 Posts
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Nats have not been eliminated yet for the division.
    Braves face an uphill battle, for sure. The RD discrepancy in particular presents reason to disbelieve.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

  8. #68
    Expects Yuge Games nsacpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    26,491
    Thanks
    2,048
    Thanked 9,191 Times in 5,855 Posts
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope we dont face Anibal in the playoffs.
    It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center. Someone obviously missed their shift this morning. Senator Bob Corker

  9. #69
    It's OVER 5,000! Braves1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    15,027
    Thanks
    7,679
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,642 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Was Teheran good or lucky against St Louis this year?

    Folty's little streak? What do you call last year?
    Teheran's career ERA vs the Cardinals is basically the same as against Colorado. Do you see Teheran as just lucky vs Colorado?

    I didn't say Folty wasn't good last year. If Folty finishes strong he probably starts over Teheran against the Dodgers if we meet them in the NLCS.

  10. #70
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    35,363
    Thanks
    3,814
    Thanked 3,935 Times in 2,864 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves1976 View Post
    Teheran's career ERA vs the Cardinals is basically the same as against Colorado. Do you see Teheran as just lucky vs Colorado?

    I didn't say Folty wasn't good last year. If Folty finishes strong he probably starts over Teheran against the Dodgers if we meet them in the NLCS.
    I can't seem to believe that you actually think career ERA against a non-divisional opponent is relevant. Please don't tell me that is the case.
    Warm feelings guy!

  11. #71
    Shift Leader thethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    35,363
    Thanks
    3,814
    Thanked 3,935 Times in 2,864 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Hope we dont face Anibal in the playoffs.
    We won't - Nats win division and we go down to Degrom in WC game.
    Warm feelings guy!

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

    Heyward (09-15-2019),jpx7 (09-15-2019),nsacpi (09-15-2019)

  13. #72
    It's OVER 5,000! Braves1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    15,027
    Thanks
    7,679
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,642 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I can't seem to believe that you actually think career ERA against a non-divisional opponent is relevant. Please don't tell me that is the case.
    You didn't answer the question, is Teheran just lucky vs Colorado or are they a team he's strong against? And no I am not just going by his ERA against them, lol.

  14. #73
    Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    9,348
    Thanks
    27,502
    Thanked 5,499 Times in 3,214 Posts
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves1976 View Post
    You didn't answer the question, is Teheran just lucky vs Colorado or are they a team he's strong against? And no I am not just going by his ERA against them, lol.
    Mostly luck, I’d say. Given year-to-year team turnover, I’d even take career records against divisional opponents with some sodium; against non-division, it’s too small a sample to say much definitively, so better to salt it liberally.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

  15. #74
    Shift Leader CyYoung31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,006
    Thanks
    1,007
    Thanked 6,413 Times in 3,264 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is Acuna even going to finish with an .850 OPS this year?

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

    jpx7 (09-15-2019)

  17. #75
    It's OVER 5,000! Braves1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    15,027
    Thanks
    7,679
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,642 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Mostly luck, I’d say. Given year-to-year team turnover, I’d even take career records against divisional opponents with some sodium; against non-division, it’s too small a sample to say much definitively, so better to salt it liberally.
    I would disagree against Colorado as the turnover hasn't been that much as far as those in their line-up he's did his best. Plus turnover can help sometimes by removing that one player that hits you hard. Teheran's success against the Nats this year was helped by removing Harper as nsacpi noted.

  18. #76
    Shift Leader CyYoung31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12,006
    Thanks
    1,007
    Thanked 6,413 Times in 3,264 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves1976 View Post
    I would disagree against Colorado as the turnover hasn't been that much as far as those in their line-up he's did his best. Plus turnover can help sometimes by removing that one player that hits you hard. Teheran's success against the Nats this year was helped by removing Harper as nsacpi noted.
    You just defeated your point...

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

    jpx7 (09-15-2019)

  20. #77
    It's OVER 5,000! Braves1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    15,027
    Thanks
    7,679
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,642 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i guess Fried was due a game like this with no run support as often as he gets a lot of run support.

  21. #78
    Expects Yuge Games nsacpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    26,491
    Thanks
    2,048
    Thanked 9,191 Times in 5,855 Posts
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves1976 View Post
    I would disagree against Colorado as the turnover hasn't been that much as far as those in their line-up he's did his best. Plus turnover can help sometimes by removing that one player that hits you hard. Teheran's success against the Nats this year was helped by removing Harper as nsacpi noted.
    In the case of the Cardinals some of Julion's success is due to a very low BABIP against, which is not something you can count on.

    Otoh the current version of the Cards leans righty, which favors Julion (and Folty and Soroka). Busch Stadium also favors a flyball pitcher like Julion.
    It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center. Someone obviously missed their shift this morning. Senator Bob Corker

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

    jpx7 (09-15-2019)

  23. #79
    It's OVER 5,000! Braves1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    15,027
    Thanks
    7,679
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,642 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    You just defeated your point...
    i defeated my point by pointing out that turnover can help? nah, i never said turnover cannot change a situation, obviously if Colorado added a number of players that hit Teheran hard i'd consider that but so far their top hitters are those he has little trouble with.

    I also don't think Teheran gets enough credit for as good a year as he's had. It's mostly just Teheran is lucky but others are good.

  24. #80
    It's OVER 5,000! Braves1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    15,027
    Thanks
    7,679
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,642 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    In the case of the Cardinals some of Julion's success is due to a very low BABIP against, which is not something you can count on.

    Otoh the current version of the Cards leans righty, which favors Julion (and Folty and Soroka). Busch Stadium also favors a flyball pitcher like Julion.
    Who would you start game one vs the Cardinals? Soroka is better on the road but I'd have to start him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •