Page 135 of 289 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 5779

Thread: Official Offseason Thread

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,800 Posts
    Okay, whoever unplugged the site, don’t do it again
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,129 Posts
    4/90 ouch. So much for hoping the Braves can get him on a 2 year deal.

We already thought 3/75 was possible, so adding another 1/15 isn’t that crazy. At least players are starting to make money again...silver lining I suppose.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    He's 33, he'd be 37, not ideal but he stays in good shape. I wouldnt go 4 years personally.
    That's just an opinion bro. In my opinion Donaldson is at least 38.

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,033 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by salmagundy View Post
    Here's what Nightengale said--

"Whether or not there’s a formal offer on the table isn’t known. But the Nats are “aggressive” in their pursuit of Donaldson, per Jon Heyman of MLB Network (via Twitter). Indeed, the team is prepared to bid upwards of $90MM on a four-year term, according to Bob Nightengale of USA Today (via Twitter)."

That's still under the $100 mil some are reporting that Josh will earn. I don't think the $90 mil is out of AA's comfort zone but the 4 years is. Reworking that to 3 year with 4th year option and large buy out(8-10 mil) would work out in AA's comfort zone.
    I'm sure he'd rather go three, but the market is the market, and he understands that. I don't like Arenado's price, other options seem wanting and Riley doesn't make enough contact. If it's me, I roll the dice and go the fourth year up to about $95M.

I mean, if he has three years of 4 WAR performance and sits on the DL for a fourth, we've gotten $96M of value. And I think he'll be better than that.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    Nats signing JD at four years would be a win for us at least two of the four.
    Keep dreaming this stuff folks.

The NL will have the DH after the second year of a Donaldson contract, and unless AA suddenly completely reverses course and ignores the Holy Grail that so many folks are making the value charts out to be and backs up the truck for a 3B that is worlds better than the current rostered options, this franchise has NO SHOT at contending for a title while it controls Freddie Freeman unless Donaldson is re-signed.

Just sayin'.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    Nats signing JD at four years would be a win for us at least two of the four.
    Keep dreaming this stuff folks.

The NL will have the DH after the second year of a Donaldson contract, and unless AA suddenly completely reverses course and ignores the Holy Grail that so many folks are making the value charts out to be and backs up the truck for a 3B that is worlds better than the current rostered options, this franchise has NO SHOT at contending for a title while it controls Freddie Freeman unless Donaldson is re-signed.

Just sayin'.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    He's 33, he'd be 37, not ideal but he stays in good shape. I wouldnt go 4 years personally.
    Don't and he's a Gnat. Better hope Riley makes adjustments in a hurry.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    I'm not seeing any of latest posts or those made after my post at 7:18
    Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
    And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;......

And, while with silent, lifting mind I’ve trod
    The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
    Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

High Flight
    by
    John Gillespie Magee, Jr.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Passan said on a podcast we were in on Rendon, or made a late run, and have had convos about Arenado. Our current cleanup hitter is gulp, TDA or Nick/Duvall. FF would arguably break Bonds walk record in a year if we dont get a cleanup hitter.

I dont know if AA signed pitchers and doesnt address the offense, like at all except for TDA.
    I’d be really curious to know what we offered Rendon. Arenado would be an absolute beast in our lineup for a long time. With us being in our window I’d love to make a run after him if we could get them to eat say 5 per year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Passan said on a podcast we were in on Rendon, or made a late run, and have had convos about Arenado. Our current cleanup hitter is gulp, TDA or Nick/Duvall. FF would arguably break Bonds walk record in a year if we dont get a cleanup hitter.

I dont know if AA signed pitchers and doesnt address the offense, like at all except for TDA.
    I’d be really curious to know what they offered Rendon. I’d love to get Arenado. He’d fit in our lineup perfect. If they would eat 5 per year I’d be all over it.

Anytime Now Frankie... tululush's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    So glad we’re back up and running. Now JD can officially re-sign. I knew he was waiting for this site to be back online so we could discuss. Go ahead, AA, make your offer.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    test
    Forever Fredi

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,987 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Obviously.

The point is that Trout will be advancing into his 30s soon, and while everyone expects his production to continue to be awesome, he's human and faces an aging curve just like every player in the game. He's coming off of two seasons where he hasn't been completely healthy, and he's not 25 anymore. They need to start doing whatever it takes to surround him with better players - particularly Pitchers - in the next 2-3 seasons before it's realistic to expect his production to begin to slip...even if he remains the best player in the game.

You guys are the numbers "experts" - you tell us how much his production should be expected to decline over the next 3-4 years. The Angels will obviously need to replace that production as well. They haven't made the playoffs in forever with him producing at historic levels. If that production drops 5-10% between now and the time he turns 35, exactly how much more help do they need - especially before he advances into his late 30s?

As for Ohtani, re-read post #2461...

"If the Angels are serious about competing in a hurry, they ought to call Boston and offer Jo Adell for Price and Benintendi, then sign Donaldson and Ryu. J-Up would be off the books by the time Benintendi becomes a free-agent, and a Price, Otani, Ryu, Heaney rotation wouldn't be too bad especially if Price and Ryu are healthy. A Benintendi, Simmons, Trout, Donaldson, J-Up top 5 ought to score plenty of runs."
    Not sure why you quoted your own extremely terrible post. It hasn't aged well. That has got to be one of the worst trade proposals ever.
    Last edited by Carp; 12-17-2019 at 08:18 AM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,987 Posts
    I offer 3 years 75 million, with a 4th year option around 15 million. 22 million in 2020 and 26.5 the next 2. Buyout of 4 million brings the total value to 79 million and potentially 90 million to match Washington.
    Last edited by Carp; 12-17-2019 at 08:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    I offer 3 years 75 million, with a 4th year option around 15 million. 22 million in 2020 and 26.5 the next 2. Buyout of 4 million brings the total value to 79 million and potentially 90 million took match Washington.
    The way Washington has been operating, their offer to him probably has them trying to get him to accept a defferal

Administrator
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    The site was hacked and we needed to fix it. That seems to have caused some issues in the database as well which I'm trying to fix.

In addition, the site has been moved to a new server and that required some down time as well.

We're working on it! :)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to djbaxter For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (12-17-2019)

Administrator
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    The site was hacked and we needed to fix it. That seems to have caused some issues in the database as well which I'm trying to fix.

In addition, the site has been moved to a new server and that required some down time as well.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to djbaxter For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (12-17-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    test
    FAIL
    Ivermectin Man

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

Carp (12-17-2019), Super (12-17-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    Would really like Anderson from the Marlins.

I looks like a Yelich light to me from our matchups with the Marlins. He has an absolute cannon out there too.
    Ivermectin Man

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djbaxter View Post

I really appreciate all of the work that is being done. The time and effort you guys are putting in is well respected. I had a post made but the site went back down before it was posted. Working on this site during this time of year is admirable. You should be spending quality time with your family and friends.

Thank you so much!!!
    Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
    And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;......

And, while with silent, lifting mind I’ve trod
    The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
    Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

High Flight
    by
    John Gillespie Magee, Jr.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to salmagundy For This Useful Post:

djbaxter (12-17-2019), Tapate50 (12-17-2019)