Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 5779

Thread: Official Offseason Thread

NL Rookie of the Year CrazyTrain's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PawPawMaxwell View Post
    Just hope Soroka and Fried don't soil their britches like Folty and Newk did to start the season
    I think Soroka is a safe bet to repeat. He's just too good to worry about anything other than health. Max should be fine, but I'm not expecting a huge jump next year. Needs to continue working on repeating his delivery to limit mistakes and get better vs RHH. With that said, he was much better in the 2nd half last season.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Just hope Soroka and Fried don't soil their britches like Folty and Newk did to start the season
    I was convinced last year that the Braves had plenty of SPs and didn't need to add to the pitching staff. Wright was going to make an impact, Soroka, Gausman and Folty were going to the lead the rotation, and Teheran was going to provide back end filler. My preferred plan was to dump money into position players like Grandal, Brantley, and Mous...because the pitching was just fine.

Luckily for the Braves, AA decided to hold a large chunk of change in reserve so he could add DK mid season to salvage the rotation after it turned into a complete dumpster fire.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    599 Posts
    What do you guys think about the Ozuna idea ?

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ9 View Post
    "The interest in Ozuna gained some clarity for his agent Melvin Roman this week as he met with teams. At least six teams have expressed initial interest in Ozuna and according to multiple sources that group includes the Reds and the White Sox. Atlanta and Texas also have some interest. The Cardinals and Ozuna’s agent both say they remain in contact. Ozuna has expressed an interest in remaining with the Cardinals. The Cardinals are reluctant to commit the amount of years Ozuna seeks."

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/base...e5ea9a2be.html
    AA literally works in the quiet, the Braves twitter account was the first media outlet to break the news of Smith. Not Ken, not Passan, not DOB, not Bowman. If it's being talked about, cross off Ozuna.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    After watching AA's interview with Paul Byrd, dont see JD coming back but AA did say we're nowhere close to done, obviously.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulavol View Post
    What do you guys think about the Ozuna idea ?
    The more and more I look at it, I think I might even prefer signing Ozuna and Moose to bringing Donaldson back for a couple reasons.

1.) Gets the draft pick we gave up for Smith back (even though it costs a lower one to sign Ozuna).

2.) Makes the lineup MUCH deeper while potentially freeing up Riley AND Waters as trade pieces.

and possibly most importantly

3.) Makes *amn sure there's no way Snitker could hit Markakis in the #5 hole on any day the starters played - if he filled out a lineup card that didn't go Freeman, Ozuna, Moustakas AA would have grounds to immediately fire him.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (11-19-2019), clvclv (11-19-2019), Jaw (11-19-2019), jpx7 (11-19-2019)

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    If I worked in the FO or coaching staff and I was convinced that Pache and Waters are no more than a year away then I go with what I got (Nick and Duvall plus Ender). If I think it will be later than 2021 opening day I probably trade for someone with 2 years and try to move Ender.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    If I worked in the FO or coaching staff and I was convinced that Pache and Waters are no more than a year away then I go with what I got (Nick and Duvall plus Ender). If I think it will be later than 2021 opening day I probably trade for someone with 2 years and try to move Ender.
    Stay cheap in the OF until Pache is ready. Then go get Kris Bryant and Lindor... sign Wheeler. I doubt we can afford Bryant and Lindor prospect wise but could you imagine that lineup?

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Does that mean my boy clouse could be gone.
    Coppy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Theoretically. But he was injured part of this past season and I suspect he is safe. With the 26th roster slot, however, more teams might choose to carry a rule 5 pick for the whole season.

"I am your retribution."

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Unlikely but could be a trade coming before tomorrow nite.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Strategically, does it mean anything that we have 2 open 40 man spots or is it just likely to give us some wiggle room?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Strategically, does it mean anything that we have 2 open 40 man spots or is it just likely to give us some wiggle room?
    Catcher and third baseman.

But we can always drop someone currently on the 40-man, such as Ortega, AJax or Murphy.

"I am your retribution."

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Not sure I wouldn't have gone ahead and cut Ortega and Murphy loose so I could have protected both Clouse and Burrows personally.

Not exactly sure what Murphy offers that can't be replaced pretty easily.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Stay cheap in the OF until Pache is ready. Then go get Kris Bryant and Lindor... sign Wheeler. I doubt we can afford Bryant and Lindor prospect wise but could you imagine that lineup?
    That lineup would be insane, but I want no part of a solution that is that short term in nature. Both would cost us around 34 million this year and north of 45 million next year, and then both would be gone as would the immense prospect cost to acquire them. Even if we could afford them, I'm just not putting that many eggs into the all in basket. I'm willing to make a few shorter term deals for lesser players, like the Escobar trade I've mentioned. But I'm not willing to do much beyond something like that

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BeanieAntics For This Useful Post:

Jaw (11-19-2019)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Could be looking to add something through the Rule 5 draft, though I don't know who or what that could be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    That lineup would be insane, but I want no part of a solution that is that short term in nature. Both would cost us around 34 million this year and north of 45 million next year, and then both would be gone as would the immense prospect cost to acquire them. Even if we could afford them, I'm just not putting that many eggs into the all in basket. I'm willing to make a few shorter term deals for lesser players, like the Escobar trade I've mentioned. But I'm not willing to do much beyond something like that
    2 years control left for Lindor, 3 for Swanson...not that big a difference...but Lindor would transform the lineup...I would definitely check on the price...I would offer Swanson, Waters and Wright...see what happens

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    Completely get all that. Its more just one of those things looking on paper and salivating even though its probably a terrible idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    2 years control left for Lindor, 3 for Swanson...not that big a difference...but Lindor would transform the lineup...I would definitely check on the price
    I think he was talking about trading for both Lindor and Bryant.... I am of the strong belief that we will push hard for one of them