Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 5779

Thread: Official Offseason Thread

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Most AAA pitchers throw AAA quality breaking balls with AAA quality control...which is why they are in AAA.

I saw Riley as a complete guess hitter at the MLB level, and maybe that works better at AAA the more he saw the pitchers in the league. Getting better at guessing would explain his slow starts. It is then logical to assume he will improve at guessing at the MLB level as well. Or maybe his improvement was due to him legitimately getting better at identifying AAA breaking balls. I don't think any of us have the data required to make that determination.

However, the Braves do have that data. They have the MiLB statcast data to tell them how his plate discipline is progressing, and I'm going to to assume they will use that data to inform their decisions.

Giving up on Riley now would be just as dumb as handing him the 3B job on opening day.
    Shocking that you'd point out that you'd mentioned something before yet you whine like a *itch when anyone else points out they'd said anything else earlier.

Pretty obvious you're the only poster who's ever had an original thought.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to clvclv For This Useful Post:

NinersSBChamps (12-07-2019)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    If the Big Offensive Upgrade is in OF (or even SS), I think a Shaw/Camargo platoon (with Riley starting in AAA) could be sufficient; if not, Anthopoulos really needs to lock down Donaldson.
    Shaw/Camargo would be perfectly fine - if you sign Ozuna to hit behind Freddie.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Shocking that you'd point out that you'd mentioned something before yet you whine like a *itch when anyone else points out they'd said anything else earlier.

The only one that whines is you. What Enscheff posted above is not even in the same realm as the crap you repost on a daily basis.

This site has just devolved into a constant bickering match between the two of you. If you could just take some of the criticism you receive about your posting, it would fix most, if not all, of the problems. No one wants to read your multiple paragraph lists of players we should trade for or have in AAA.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    ESPN quotes mats owner saying they can’t afford rendon and stras.

I’d hate to see jd in the division
    Think they'll pay Stras over Rendon if it comes down to one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts

When I was in 4th grade I had a mutual hate relationship with another kid. Eventually we fought and he whipped me. Being 9, I decided we were going to keep doing it again and again because I was going to whip him back one day.

After a couple of years and a few more whippings I figured out that I was the bigger part of the problem. I quit picking fights and we eventually respected each other and got along. You're at the same point right now that I was when I figured that out.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

Skeeter31 (12-07-2019)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts

You haven’t had an original thought that turned out to be correct in the whole time I’ve been on this board. Looking at a list of FAs and stating each of them “makes at least some sense” isn’t an original thought. Regurgitating names you hear being potentially available in trade isn’t an original thought.

Original thoughts are:

Imperially grading pitches based on objective data, which was then copied by FG.

Identifying Yandy Diaz as a launch angle candidate before anyone else was talking about it.

Pointing out Riley’s red flags even while he was posting tremendous results.

Detailing why Fried needed to add another pitch to get away from the 4 seamer.

I could go on for a while, but the fact you can’t tell the difference between the content I come up with vs the blabber you produce tells the whole story already. Several other people are saying exactly the same thing, and yet you can’t see it.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 12-07-2019 at 11:35 AM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Shaw/Camargo would be perfectly fine - if you sign Ozuna to hit behind Freddie.
    While correct, this isn’t an original thought.

But congrats on at least regurgitating something that’s correct.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    You haven’t had an original thought that turned out to be correct in the whole time I’ve been on this board. Looking at a list of FAs and stating each of them “makes at least some sense” isn’t an original thought. Regurgitating names you hear being potentially available in trade isn’t an original thought.

Original thoughts are:

Imperially grading pitches based on objective data, which was then copied by FG.

Identifying Yandy Diaz as a launch angle candidate before anyone else was talking about it.

Pointing out Riley’s red flags even while he was posting tremendous results.

Detailing why Fried needed to add another pitch to get away from the 4 seamer.

I could go on for a while, but the fact you can’t tell the difference between the content I come up with vs the blabber you produce tells the whole story already. Several other people are saying exactly the same thing, and yet you can’t see it.
    As a Braves fan, do you really want credit for being able to identify someone pulling a Jeff Francoeur? That’s something we’re all uniquely qualified to do.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Dodgers/Yanks/Angels 3 favorites for Cole, no real surprise, per Passan. Offers coming in the coming days, sounds like he could sign sooner than expected.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter31 View Post
    The only one that whines is you. What Enscheff posted above is not even in the same realm as the crap you repost on a daily basis.

This site has just devolved into a constant bickering match between the two of you. If you could just take some of the criticism you receive about your posting, it would fix most, if not all, of the problems. No one wants to read your multiple paragraph lists of players we should trade for or have in AAA.
    Exactly what the ignore button is for - when we had one to use. Even without one, all you have to do is skip them if you're not interested.

Last time I checked, no one else needed to consult others before posting whatever was on their minds. More than anyone else here, I go out of my way to point out that I post strictly as a fan - not some undiscovered mastermind. If others would realize that about themselves as well, it'd do their blood pressure worlds of good. I obviously have no problem taking the criticism from anyone since I still post. Luckily this place is here for everyone to disagree with others' opinions and provide a place to talk about why. Those who make it personal cause the problems, and yes I'm one of them when it comes to being singled out.

It's an internet message board for crying out loud - if you come to one of these expecting folks to universally agree with you and/or constantly kiss your *ss, it's tough to take you as overly intelligent.

Of course, the whole world loves Trump, right? Just ask him (and ignore everyone else at the summit joking about him when he's not standing with them).
    Last edited by clvclv; 12-07-2019 at 04:49 PM.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Ozuna supposedly to Chi Sox.
    Forever Fredi

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Hey guys, it’s just a message board. Feel free to write as many stupid things using as many words as you want. Take up an entire page with any moronic blabber that crosses your mind. We definitely don’t want a place to have more intelligent discussions than what we can already find on FB or hundreds of failed blogs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    Ozuna supposedly to Chi Sox.
    If it happens then him and Grandal are nice additions to that lineup and them competing. Also one more person off the list of who could hit cleanup for us.

Called Up to the Major Leagues SJ24's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts

Arbitration Eligible Freshmaker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts
    Gonna be quite awhile before this annoys the crap out of us, but

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshmaker View Post

Does this mean he will be an all star player? Boras has a knack for aligning himself with the best players.

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    Damnit Acuna. If we never gave him an extension he'd still be near league minimum and we could afford to get a bigger name right now. AA should have never offered that extent.
    BeanieAntics payroll chart has acuna at 12.5. He won’t make 12.5 this year. That’s the figure that counts towards the luxury tax but I believe his salary for 2020 is around 2 mill.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DontStopTheChop View Post
    BeanieAntics payroll chart has acuna at 12.5. He won’t make 12.5 this year. That’s the figure that counts towards the luxury tax but I believe his salary for 2020 is around 2 mill.
    Yeah we establish that in literally the next post after the one you quoted lol

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ24 View Post
    Gammons has been out of touch for years

22. The Following User Says Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

clvclv (12-08-2019)

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshmaker View Post

Meh. A fair trade off if he becomes a stud catcher IMO.