Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 5779

Thread: Official Offseason Thread

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Folty actually got at least 500k less than I thought he would get. Swanson was right at the salary I figured he get.
    Unfortunately not surprising to see Bowman and DOB get scooped on arbitration figures.

Over a million shy of MLBTR for what it's worth - would be interested to see where your model differs.

Would be nice to see similar savings on Duvall - is the actual deadline at 5?
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    What should the Braves do about Folty? I think he has a big year following up the great end to his 2019.

If the arby disputes haven't tainted the relationship if like to see him extended. Folty feels like the type of pitcher that performs well against the traditional aging curves.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Cubs agree on 1 year $18.6m deal with Bryant

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,985 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    What should the Braves do about Folty? I think he has a big year following up the great end to his 2019.

If the arby disputes haven't tainted the relationship if like to see him extended. Folty feels like the type of pitcher that performs well against the traditional aging curves.
    Nothing about Folty's history suggests he is a someone we should consider extending.

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Ballpark to be named Truist Park. Tuesday more for logo introduction than name introduction.

Anytime Now Frankie... tululush's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brian22 View Post
    Ballpark to be named Truist Park. Tuesday more for logo introduction than name introduction.
    Fail. This will have been two stadiums and three stadium names where the Braves have failed to honor one of our all time and mlb greats, Hank Aaron. Way to go, Braves.

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tululush View Post
    Fail. This will have been two stadiums and three stadium names where the Braves have failed to honor one of our all time and mlb greats, Hank Aaron. Way to go, Braves.
    They’re already under contract with the new company. I think the only question would be whether it was going to be Field, Stadium or Park.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts
    In their defense, they have a whole monument garden in this new stadium anchored around a tribute to Hank Aaron. If you tour the stadium, you'll see they have tributes to him all throughout

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Not a big deal but Trust Field rolls off the tongue better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    I’ve been to and seen the monuments. The thing is nobody outside of Atlanta, more specifically, anyone that attends the games, know about it. Whereas naming a stadium after someone essentially has a national presence. He was one of the greatest players to ever play the sport. Why not honor him since he was and is the face of our franchise?

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    How many American major-league stadiums are named after athletes? Not sure why you’re disappointed the franchise is going for cash flow over precedence.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to brian22 For This Useful Post:

Carp (01-10-2020)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    I’ve been to and seen the monuments. The thing is nobody outside of Atlanta, more specifically, anyone that attends the games, know about it. Whereas naming a stadium after someone essentially has a national presence. He was one of the greatest players to ever play the sport. Why not honor him since he was and is the face of our franchise?
    Agree and disagree with this. The parks/stadiums names are sold for benefit of the operation. However many parks/stadiums have prominent players areas of the park bering their names. McCoy Cove, The House that Ruth built, Pesky Pole, and others. I don't see why the Braves can't/won't name an area of their park after Aaron. Arron's Monument Cove or Aaron's gate for the main gate as example. They should honor one of the greatest players of all times.
    Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
    And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;......

And, while with silent, lifting mind I’ve trod
    The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
    Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

High Flight
    by
    John Gillespie Magee, Jr.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    595 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post

Folty’s a stuff 4

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Slippyjms For This Useful Post:

Carp (01-10-2020)

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    How many American major-league stadiums are named after athletes? Not sure why you’re disappointed the franchise is going for cash flow over precedence.
    Precisely. The deal with Sun Trust (nka Truist) allows us to have the payroll we’re most likely going to have this season. A Hank Aaron Park doesn’t add anything to the coffers.

And as for extending Folty, that’s one of the most laughable things I’ve ever seen posted on here. He’s a “see if he’ll accept a 1 year deal or let him walk” candidate when he’s no longer arb eligible. There’s nothing special there.

Arbitration Eligible Freshmaker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts
    So we're going from STP to TP...great

Arbitration Eligible Freshmaker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts
    I agree. I always wanted Turner to be called Turner Field at Aaron-Murphy Stadium. Would be a nice way to honor two Braves greats.

That said, now that companies are paying a crazy amount for naming rights (Truist is paying $20M per season), they're always going to slap their own name on it unfortunately

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Freshmaker For This Useful Post:

salmagundy (01-10-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshmaker View Post
    So we're going from STP to TP...great
    We should be so lucky. But with all the political correctness, they won’t name it Truist Park. Instead, Truist Field to avoid the whole TP thing. Afterall, we don’t want to piss off any Cardinals players.

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Could we trade Shane Greene+ for Joc Pederson?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    I think Falsist would have been better. Falsist Field has a nice ring to it.
    thank you weso1!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

Freshmaker (01-10-2020)

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Laughable Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter31 View Post
    Precisely. The deal with Sun Trust (nka Truist) allows us to have the payroll we’re most likely going to have this season. A Hank Aaron Park doesn’t add anything to the coffers.

And as for extending Folty, that’s one of the most laughable things I’ve ever seen posted on here. He’s a “see if he’ll accept a 1 year deal or let him walk” candidate when he’s no longer arb eligible. There’s nothing spe
    cial there.
    . I thought I got the most laughable post yesterday for my Mookie Betts trade yesterday WTF! Except for Enchief or whatever his name is most of you are as arrogant as you are ignorant. You wanna pay Donaldson and Freeman big bucks but you can't pay Folty a little of your money the Braves are throwing around? Oh the madness on this forum!