7,537 Posts
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    it's pretending that something like this is a huge scandal that drives me crazy. Now firing the dude isn't enough. Now we have to worry about the cover up of that time somebody acted impolitely.

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    it's pretending that something like this is a huge scandal that drives me crazy. Now firing the dude isn't enough. Now we have to worry about the cover up of that time somebody acted impolitely.
    They should burn that idiot at the stake, flay him, draw and quarter, make him eat his own guts. After all, he did say something mean and stupid.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    Yep. It’s a systemic scandal. Must take down everyone who knew and everyone who didn’t make it their top priority to get to the bottom of it.

Every time someone rolls over and plays dead it only emboldens these sorts of people more. We need to stop pretending things like this are major scandals. It also sets a precedent that you have to give in and next time it might be more painful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Crane sends Apstein a letter retracting statement. There that didnt hurt so much.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Crane sends Apstein a letter retracting statement. There that didnt hurt so much.
    this is the equivalent of murder to the entitled.
    how dare we expect such a thing.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coredor View Post
    Yep. It’s a systemic scandal. Must take down everyone who knew and everyone who didn’t make it their top priority to get to the bottom of it.

Every time someone rolls over and plays dead it only emboldens these sorts of people more. We need to stop pretending things like this are major scandals. It also sets a precedent that you have to give in and next time it might be more painful.
    won't anyone think of the rich people?!?! what are we DOING to them?! :'(
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

He didn't do anything wrong other than not realizing he hurt someones feelings and one could argue the reporters feelings weren't even hurt or was she threatened at all. Sports writers, and news writers in general, now inject too much personal opinion into stories which result in agitation to the target. Its no wonder why people want to lash out but reporters for some reason are held to historical standards when they don't report like their predecessors did.

Salem witch trials all over again.
    Last edited by thethe; 10-28-2019 at 01:31 PM.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,508 Posts
    Enough of this bull****. Moved to the dumbass forum.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    This feels like the only way to apologize these days

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    This feels like the only way to apologize these days

It is interesting that Chappelle and South Park, and Always Sunny are brands of comedy that have been immune to cancel culture. I think a big reason for that is, they've been somewhat "grandfathered in". They've been doing this style of comedy for years and they weren't doing it back then for shock value.
    Forever Fredi

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    It is interesting that Chappelle and South Park, and Always Sunny are brands of comedy that have been immune to cancel culture. I think a big reason for that is, they've been somewhat "grandfathered in". They've been doing this style of comedy for years and they weren't doing it back then for shock value.
    I think its bc they refuse to bow down to it

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (10-29-2019)

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I think its bc they refuse to bow down to it
    Cancel culture is like cultural terrorism. You just don't negotiate with them and don't engage them. Sometimes I agree with the ideas that those groups are expressing and sometimes I don't. However I really don't try to advocate getting someone off the air. The only exception might be if someone actually was in the news and they were a blatant liar.

My thing with this is that I have never considered that type of story sports news. Of course I'm opposed to domestic violence, but I don't consider it a baseball issue. I also know that when you have reporters who are obsessed with a certain thing it can start to sound like harassment. He was probably in an exuberant mood and said something to them. They had probably been constantly bugging him ever since Osuna was acquired and he probably flat out didn't like them. Given that it was a championship celebration he might have had a drink or two. Then a third party Si reporter had to butt in and write an article about it. This never should have been a big deal. What he said was not that hostile and really any sports reporter who wants to constantly write about social issues probably shouldn't be in the locker room.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Coredor For This Useful Post:

thethe (10-29-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Cancel culture is like cultural terrorism. You just don't negotiate with them and don't engage them. Sometimes I agree with the ideas that those groups are expressing and sometimes I don't. However I really don't try to advocate getting someone off the air. The only exception might be if someone actually was in the news and they were a blatant liar.

My thing with this is that I have never considered that type of story sports news. Of course I'm opposed to domestic violence, but I don't consider it a baseball issue. I also know that when you have reporters who are obsessed with a certain thing it can start to sound like harassment. He was probably in an exuberant mood and said something to them. They had probably been constantly bugging him ever since Osuna was acquired and he probably flat out didn't like them. Given that it was a championship celebration he might have had a drink or two. Then a third party Si reporter had to butt in and write an article about it. This never should have been a big deal. What he said was not that hostile and really any sports reporter who wants to constantly write about social issues probably shouldn't be in the locker room.
    One side can do all the agitation and the other can't say a word.

Its a great scheme actually
    Natural Immunity Croc