Thread: DUI Checkpoint Video

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Maybe I'm just biased because I've been racially profiled by cops on more than one occasion (I'm sure the reason I was pulled over in the story above, had some to do with the fact I drive a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am with tinted windows... which as my black and white friends on the force have told me is a warning sign for drug dealer car).

Also, giles still doesn't understand how being a minority male and being outnumbered against 8 cops, is not the same as being a white female presumably in her 30's.

I've seen the way some white cops here treat black folks. I'm not even black and I feel offended when I see it sometimes. lol
    Forever Fredi

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    That is sad Sav, I had the same thing happened to me but it was worse. DWB with a white womEn in the car (designated driver) get you harsher treatment. I posted about this in the Scout's forum a few years ago. If I did anything to provoke them it would've been another Rodney King fiasco, but in Iowa.

High School Draftee kingphatcow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    I didn't know Sav was black. Now I can tell the truth when I say i know "several" black people.
    Not as smart as Meta, but way smarter than Zito.

High School Draftee kingphatcow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    I'm torn on this.

On the one hand, I hate, loathe, and despise obnxious, know-it-all, troublemaking punks. I want to hit them all with a car.

On the other hand, I'm sick and freaking tired of abusive authority taking what it wants without regard to the people that pay them and entrust them with power.

i have no doubt that most cops are good men. But still, even they do their best to take advantage of people's fear, respect and lack of knowledge. So, even the good ones are somewhat suspect. There's got to be a way to stand up for your rights without being like these dickhead kids just stirring the pot.

or maybe we need to stir the pot until it boils over...

(Hi, Obama. I know you're reading this.)
    Not as smart as Meta, but way smarter than Zito.

Not Actually Brian Hunter Metaphysicist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingphatcow View Post
    I didn't know Sav was black. Now I can tell the truth when I say i know "several" black people.
    SAV wishes he was black, but he only chose the thug life, it did not choose him.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphysicist View Post
    SAV wishes he was black, but he only chose the thug life, it did not choose him.
    Growing up asian, I loved math and crunching numbers. So when my teacher lectured our class (24 black kids, 1 mexican, and 1 asian) one day she said "Don't become another statistic", I immediately felt like I needed to truly be one with the numbers, so I chose the thug life so I could one day become another statistic.
    Forever Fredi

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    So can you turn a television into a watch?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

57Brave (07-17-2013)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts

:52
    Forever Fredi

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BravesFanInSAV View Post
    Maybe I'm just biased because I've been racially profiled by cops on more than one occasion (I'm sure the reason I was pulled over in the story above, had some to do with the fact I drive a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am with tinted windows... which as my black and white friends on the force have told me is a warning sign for drug dealer car).

Also, giles still doesn't understand how being a minority male and being outnumbered against 8 cops, is not the same as being a white female presumably in her 30's.

I've seen the way some white cops here treat black folks. I'm not even black and I feel offended when I see it sometimes. lol
    LOL off asians being considered minorities. Woah is me. Did you read why I put? My wife was thrown to the ground with a gun in her face. Is that scary enough?

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    LOL off asians being considered minorities. Woah is me. Did you read why I put? My wife was thrown to the ground with a gun in her face. Is that scary enough?
    And you're cool with your wife being thrown to the ground with a gun in her face?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BravesFanInSAV View Post
    Growing up asian, I loved math and crunching numbers. So when my teacher lectured our class (24 black kids, 1 mexican, and 1 asian) one day she said "Don't become another statistic", I immediately felt like I needed to truly be one with the numbers, so I chose the thug life so I could one day become another statistic.
    After you list your height and weight, I can believe it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    wow that is scary.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    And you're cool with your wife being thrown to the ground with a gun in her face?
    hmmm. good question. I wish it wouldn't have happened obviously. But, the cops thought they had someone they were looking for and made a mistake. No one was injured (thank goodness)

So I guess, I don't like it, but accept it because its the society I choose to live in.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    What exactly did he say that was wrong? Police don't have a right to check your license and registration if you're not being pulled over for a violation, you can refuse to talk to the police if you choose. You can tell the officer that you refuse to answer questions without legal council, and many more things. Unfortunately the vagueness of the SC ruling on DUI checkpoints makes it unfairly beneficial towards cops, if you follow your constitutional rights, officers can pull you over and then take them away.
    Asking for your ID is not illegal, for one.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Asking for your ID is not illegal, for one.
    Neither is refusing to present one. You only have to present one if you are pulled over for a violation. For example if you smell like booze then they can.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    If you don't have anything to worry about why not just give him your Id? The difference in time between a cop asking for your Id and you being an ass and arguing about it or just giving him your id and your id is clean so he gives it back and you can leave is negligible.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Neither is refusing to present one. You only have to present one if you are pulled over for a violation. For example if you smell like booze then they can.

Identification is required by law in order to be driving a motor vehicle. So while technically you are not legally required to present an id, failure to to do so is obviously enough for them to detain you.

And police can pull you over for any reason they deem as "suspicious behavior." And there nothing in the law that really classifies what suspicious behavior is. They can say they smell booze on you whether you've been drinking or not. Now in a court of law the cops argument may not hold up, but that doesn't mean what he did was illegal.
    Last edited by Carp; 07-24-2013 at 01:07 AM.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    If you don't have anything to worry about why not just give him your Id? The difference in time between a cop asking for your Id and you being an ass and arguing about it or just giving him your id and your id is clean so he gives it back and you can leave is negligible.
    LOL... so anytime a policeman demands to come into your house without a warrant... You should not ask questions you should always let them in and let them do whatever you want. You have nothing to hide!

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    I think there's a difference between a cop stopping you at a checkpoint and wanting to see your license and a cop knocking on your door and demanding to get in your house for no reason

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    The topic is about how people can't use their rights anymore because laws have allowed the cops to completely get around them. You're arguing that it's easier to just comply with the cops whether they are in their rights or not. Which is absolutely true but it defeats the purpose of this subject and that kind of thinking only further allows our rights to be taken away.