Thread: Zelensky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts

Zelensky

I havent seen much about what should happen with this guy. He agreed to collide with Trump to help him cheat in 2020. Exactly what Trump was accused of in the Russia investigation. Does Zelensky have any kind of diplomatic immunity. I would think he does not in this situation. I know he wont be arrested while in office but could we ask Ukraine to extradite him when he is out of office. If he wants to say he was a willing coconspirator and not pressured into Trumps conspiracy to cheat in the 2020 elections that's fine. Dont change that tune when in handcuffs.

Beyond that how can we justify sending aid to Ukraine with what we now know is a corrupt President who can only be considered hostile towards the US given his confession to being a willing coconspirator to attack our elections. Should we not demand his resignation before Ukraine gets another dime? Democrats need to be pushing this.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I havent seen much about what should happen with this guy. He agreed to collide with Trump to help him cheat in 2020. Exactly what Trump was accused of in the Russia investigation. Does Zelensky have any kind of diplomatic immunity. I would think he does not in this situation. I know he wont be arrested while in office but could we ask Ukraine to extradite him when he is out of office. If he wants to say he was a willing coconspirator and not pressured into Trumps conspiracy to cheat in the 2020 elections that's fine. Dont change that tune when in handcuffs.

Beyond that how can we justify sending aid to Ukraine with what we now know is a corrupt President who can only be considered hostile towards the US given his confession to being a willing coconspirator to attack our elections. Should we not demand his resignation before Ukraine gets another dime? Democrats need to be pushing this.
    Zelensky was in an impossible situation and held out long enough, imo. The Dems need to show the Trump administration as the motherlode of corruption that it is.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    Ok, but Zelensky says he was not forced to do anything or felt any pressure. So he is admitting to being a willing coconspirator to attack our election. That cant just be side stepped. I know he was forced. You know he was forced. If he wants the benefit of the doubt he needs to start by telling the truth. Lying about the situation only makes this worse for everyone but Trump.

I dont see how we can justify sending aid to a country with a corrupt President like Zelensky. If the aid is that important to Ukraine then they can remove Zelensky.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Ok, but Zelensky says he was not forced to do anything or felt any pressure. So he is admitting to being a willing coconspirator to attack our election. That cant just be side stepped. I know he was forced. You know he was forced. If he wants the benefit of the doubt he needs to start by telling the truth. Lying about the situation only makes this worse for everyone but Trump.

I dont see how we can justify sending aid to a country with a corrupt President like Zelensky. If the aid is that important to Ukraine then they can remove Zelensky.
    You are being mighty hard on a guy who may be the least corrupt leader they've ever had. And it's all relative. How does an uncorrupted official survive in a corrupt system? Answer - he doesn't. Of course he lied but he was and is in an impossible situation. Don't you agree that he should do whatever he has to to get the aid to protect his country from Russia?

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts
    At war. The only part of the country that is strategically important and profitable has already been seized and annexed. Thirteen thousand dead Ukrainians, and counting. He fought it as hard as he could in the shadows, but he absolutely can't ever afford to publicly come out against any President, of either party, in any matter, because doing so would potentially mean the end of their nation and the probable ethnic cleansing of their people. That vulnerability is what makes Trump's corruption so disgusting, and it leaves them no choice. At all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    Well for starters he is corrupt. The legal system in Ukraine is notoriously corrupt. Announcing publicly an investigation to smear a rival is the oldest trick in the book in Ukraine. He agreed to a criminal conspiracy to attack the US and insists he did it of his own free will. That's corruption.

He could have told anyone about the hold on aid. As soon as that went public there was bipartisan support for him to get that aid. If he had anyone advising him on our system of government he would have known that aid was given by Congress and Trump only has the power to place a temporary hold. Its unfathomable to me he does not have an advisor familiar with the US.

I agree he should do everything he can to fight off Russia. I also agree that we should leverage that to have him removed and extradited to the US to face charges. Dont tell me it's important enough to commit a conspiracy to attack us but not important enough to resign and be held accountable for his crimes against our country.

It’s over."

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts
    I wonder if you realize the guy is not just a new President, but a new politician. He was elected President because he played one on TV. It's as if we elected Martin Sheen to the Presidency when The West Wing was on air. It's not corruption, it's a combination of desperation and incompetence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    How many Americans has Trump turned into liars and criminals?