Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB suspends Astros GM and Manager for a year, yuge fine and takes away draft picks.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Been out of the country, what new info came out?
    I just got knocked out of MLB The Show's New Years Cup in the round of 32. The entire board has been devastated.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BeanieAntics For This Useful Post:

Carp (02-18-2020)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    supposedly we’ll hear what happens after they make a decision on Donaldson’s suspension.
    Should be coming any time now.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

Carp (02-18-2020)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,974 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippyjms View Post
    Yes it’s a serious post. First those are 4 players on a 25 man roster. Second you don’t have to blatantly say you’re sending a player down because they aren’t cheating. You could trade them as well. Third it’s virtually impossible to ignore information you’re given whether you want it or not.

Oh and btw this kind of sign stealing isn’t allowed in any shape or form. Didn’t seem to stop the coaches and FO.
    Except some players indeed were asked if they wanted to participate, and some said no. They weren't excommunicated from the team.
    Last edited by Carp; 02-17-2020 at 03:54 PM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,974 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippyjms View Post
    I didn’t sign my name on anything. I just chose not to continue beating my head against the wall arguing with the ignorant. And in the end I was vindicated.
    Except you weren't. But keep moving those goalposts.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,974 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tululush View Post
    Remove their championship. Issue post season bans. Anything. And maybe not come out with the horse **** excuse of “well the push back they’re getting from social media and the internet is punishment enough.” He’s a spineless waste of space that only cares about protecting the owners and their wallets.

Yeah, he doesn't have the power to do that.

Post-season ban? So take one of the more popular teams in the league at the moment and give their fans no reason to watch the games. Pushing fans away is totally a great way to increase ratings and profits....

People are really taking this too far. Every team cheats. Whether it's roids, buzzers, trash cans, flashing lights, whatever. The Stros just got caught. And they only got caught because a hack pitcher got sent to a division rival where it directly affected him. But he certainly had no problem with it when he was winning the WS title. And he certainly had no problem putting pine tar on his glove during his no hitter last year.
    Last edited by Carp; 02-17-2020 at 08:47 AM.

Anytime Now Frankie... tululush's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Yeah, he doesn't have the power to do that.

Post-season ban? So take one of the more popular teams in the league at the moment and give their fans no reason to watch the games. Pushing fans away is totally a great way to increase ratings and profits....

People are really taking this too far. Every team cheats. Whether it's roids, buzzers, trash cans, flashing lights, whatever. The Stros just got caught. And they only got caught because a hack pitcher got sent to a division rival where it directly affected him. But he certainly had no problem with it when he was winning the WS title. And he certainly had no problem putting pine tar on his glove during his no hitter last year.
    Ok Boomer. There have been two responses to everything that’s been going on. Those that actually want them to be punished, and smug, self righteous defensive responses from their fans. It’s clear to see which category you fall under.

I’m sorry but if you’re cheating at the level of severity these ass clowns are, ending people’s careers, getting league wide pushback from players and fans, and then have the nerve to act like a bunch of arrogant, defensive pricks the entire time, you get what you deserve. Yes, they deserve a post season ban. If this doesn’t deserve an extremely severe punishment, nothing does. PLAYERS are coming out and saying this is worse than steroid use. Open your eyes.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,974 Posts
    Ok Boomer. There have been two responses to everything that’s been going on. Those that actually want them to be punished, and smug, self righteous defensive responses from their fans. It’s clear to see which category you fall under.

I’m sorry but if you’re cheating at the level of severity these ass clowns are, ending people’s careers, getting league wide pushback from players and fans, and then have the nerve to act like a bunch of arrogant, defensive pricks the entire time, you get what you deserve. Yes, they deserve a post season ban. If this doesn’t deserve an extremely severe punishment, nothing does. PLAYERS are coming out and saying this is worse than steroid use. Open your eyes.
    Boomer? I'm probably younger than you.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. The Braves cheated the system in the international market for who knows how many years. This certainly helped their post-season chances over the years. Perhaps we should have gotten a post-season ban?

Every team absolutely cheats in some way. As a baseball fan, you should be encouraging this scandal to just go away. Believe me, you don't want to see how the sausage is made. And I would be willing to bet, all the owners/GMs just want to see it go away as well. This is absolutely NOT worse than steroid use, which, other than the Black Sox, is the worst scandal in baseball history. But picking at this scab is just going to cause an even bigger infection in this league. The Dodgers were also accused of sign stealing. As were the Diamondbacks, Indians, Rangers, Cubs, Blue Jays, Nationals and Brewers. Perhaps we should just ban every team from the postseason and not have a WS winner for the next few years. That will totally teach the league a lesson.

The Stro's got punished already. I'd be fine with seeing multiple 1st round draft picks taken away and a huge fine similar to luxury tax levels. But most of all, baseball needs to just move past it and stop dwelling on it.
    Last edited by Carp; 02-17-2020 at 10:03 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Carp For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (02-17-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    This is absolutely NOT worse than steroid use, which, other than the Black Sox, is the worst scandal in baseball history.
    There are players who are saying it is. It could be that they lack perspective. But I am struck by how strongly many players feel about this.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Carp (02-18-2020)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,974 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    There are players who are saying it is. It could be that they lack perspective. But I am struck by how strongly many players feel about this.
    A bunch of players also came out against known roid users back in the day, until their names also got listed. Seems like deflection if you ask me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. The Braves cheated the system in the international market for who knows how many years. This certainly helped their post-season chances over the years. Perhaps we should have gotten a post-season ban?

Every team absolutely cheats in some way. As a baseball fan, you should be encouraging this scandal to just go away. Believe me, you don't want to see how the sausage is made. And I would be willing to bet, all the owners/GMs just want to see it go away as well. This is absolutely NOT worse than steroid use, which, other than the Black Sox, is the worst scandal in baseball history. But picking at this scab is just going to cause an even bigger infection in this league. The Dodgers were also accused of sign stealing. As were the Diamondbacks, Indians, Rangers, Cubs, Blue Jays, Nationals and Brewers. Perhaps we should just ban every team from the postseason and not have a WS winner for the next few years. That will totally teach the league a lesson.

The Stro's got punished already. I'd be fine with seeing multiple 1st round draft picks taken away and a huge fine similar to luxury tax levels. But most of all, baseball needs to just move past it and stop dwelling on it.
    You are absolutely clueless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    A bunch of players also came out against known roid users back in the day, until their names also got listed. Seems like deflection if you ask me.
    More clueless takes from you.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,974 Posts
    You are absolutely clueless.
    Nice rebuttle.

Why don't you tell me more about how post-season bans are gonna stop cheating and increase the MLB's market and profits.

No response to other teams cheating too, I see. I take it you're perfectly fine with the cheating going on everywhere else?
    Last edited by Carp; 02-17-2020 at 01:40 PM.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,829 Posts

I’m with you on this. Glad I’m not the only one.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

Carp (02-17-2020), CyYoung31 (02-17-2020)

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    [QUOTE=Carp;662368]Nice rebuttle.

Why don't you tell me more about how post-season bans are gonna stop cheating and increase the MLB's market and profits.

No response to other teams cheating too, I see. I take it you're perfectly fine with the cheating going on everywhere else you [QUOTE]

There’s a difference between a runner on second or a guy sitting in the OF stealing signs vs doing it electronically. That’s why so many are pissed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,829 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    There’s a difference between a runner on second or a guy sitting in the OF stealing signs vs doing it electronically. That’s why so many are pissed.
    Explicate the difference.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

Carp (02-18-2020)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,974 Posts
    [QUOTE=Krgrecw;662384][QUOTE=Carp;662368]Nice rebuttle.

No response to other teams cheating too, I see. I take it you're perfectly fine with the cheating going on everywhere else you

Not really. Also, those teams I mentioned have also been accused of using technology to steal signs, even if they didn't use buzzers to relay it.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    I'd have to say this is much worse than steroids. Knowing what the pitcher is throwing is kind of a big deal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,829 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    I'd have to say this is much worse than steroids. Knowing what the pitcher is throwing is kind of a big deal.
    lol wut

You still have to hit good pitches, even if you “know” the pitch-type. Chemically improving athleticism, along with injury avoidance, is way more problematic.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

Carp (02-18-2020)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,974 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    lol wut

You still have to hit good pitches, even if you “know” the pitch-type. Chemically improving athleticism, along with injury avoidance, is way more problematic.
    Yup.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Carp For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (02-18-2020)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,974 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    And chemically enhancing your natural ability isn't? Steroids have tarnished several of the games most revered records.