Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to watch braves with dish?

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    YTTV apparently losing Fox RSNs - gotta find another *amn provider again.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,703 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    YTTV apparently losing Fox RSNs - gotta find another *amn provider again.
    Well this sucks... I was gonna get YTTV during the season

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Well this sucks... I was gonna get YTTV during the season
    Switched to hulu - they've still got FSS and FSSE in my area (for now). Only problem is that they don't offer the MLB Network even as part of an additional charge for a Sports Package like Sling does.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Really sucks. I was happy with Vue. Then switched to YTTV and it’s been great so far.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluedevilruss For This Useful Post:

clvclv (02-28-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,897 Posts
    You know a great way to grow a sport? Limit the hell out of who can see its games ... ESPECIALLY LOCAL ONES

FFS this seems SO easy to fix
    Ivermectin Man

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

clvclv (02-28-2020)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Mentioned to someone yesterday that I don't think I've ever met a baseball fan who wouldn't gladly pay the extra $10/month on their cable/streaming bill - roughly the MLB.tv cost - as long as they get rid of the *amn blackouts so we can see our favorite teams. Then they could just make MLB.tv part of their regular cable/streaming packages and we could easily switch over from local news to Braves Live without having to switch out of/into multiple apps, etc..

I have no interest in MLB.tv - particularly when I had the MLB Network with Vue and YTTV. If I was still awake and felt like watching part of another game after the Braves finished, I'd just switch over to the Network and watch whatever game they had on or watch the highlight show to drift off to sleep to. If I can't see Braves' home games on MLB.tv, that money would be absolutely wasted.

What's even more ridiculous is that I'm affected by the blackouts - yes Atlanta's the closest market to me, but the park is over 4 hours away from here. It's not like me staying home and watching the games costs the Braves any money - there's absolutely no chance I'd buy season tickets - I probably get to one game a year in person on average.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,703 Posts
    Mentioned to someone yesterday that I don't think I've ever met a baseball fan who wouldn't gladly pay the extra $10/month on their cable/streaming bill - roughly the MLB.tv cost - as long as they get rid of the *amn blackouts so we can see our favorite teams. Then they could just make MLB.tv part of their regular cable/streaming packages and we could easily switch over from local news to Braves Live without having to switch out of/into multiple apps, etc..

I have no interest in MLB.tv - particularly when I had the MLB Network with Vue and YTTV. If I was still awake and felt like watching part of another game after the Braves finished, I'd just switch over to the Network and watch whatever game they had on or watch the highlight show to drift off to sleep to. If I can't see Braves' home games on MLB.tv, that money would be absolutely wasted.

What's even more ridiculous is that I'm affected by the blackouts - yes Atlanta's the closest market to me, but the park is over 4 hours away from here. It's not like me staying home and watching the games costs the Braves any money - there's absolutely no chance I'd buy season tickets - I probably get to one game a year in person on average.
    I'm blacked out on MLBN, and I'm in Mississippi... ~ 4.5 hours away

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    619 Posts
    This really sucks about YTTV.
    I'm going to have to go back to freaking cable.

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulavol View Post
    Not so fast! YTTV has reached a temporary extension with Sinclair as the two parties continue to negotiate. For now, FSS / SE are still a part of YTTV!

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravesfannchar View Post
    Not so fast! YTTV has reached a temporary extension with Sinclair as the two parties continue to negotiate. For now, FSS / SE are still a part of YTTV!
    Link?

I'm probably not going back because of all the trouble this has caused - and I REALLY LIKED and was getting used to YTTV.

Nevermind - found it...https://www.engadget.com/2020/02/29/...e-tv-sinclair/
    Last edited by clvclv; 02-29-2020 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Nevermind - found it...https://www.engadget.com/2020/02/29/fox-rsn-youtube-tv-sinclair/

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Still should be an easy fix for all involved - just as Tapate mentioned.

Why not just make the RSNs/YES Network part of a Baseball Only Package and have YTTV charge for it??? Allow customers to subscribe to up to a max of 2-3 RSNs that aren't in their local market as well, and make the MLB Network part of the package. Charge $15/month for it during the season when people are watching the games, then drop it to $5/month in the offseason for the more hardcore fans who like to watch Hot Stove every morning, MLB Now every afternoon, etc..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,703 Posts
    Still should be an easy fix for all involved - just as Tapate mentioned.

Why not just make the RSNs/YES Network part of a Baseball Only Package and have YTTV charge for it??? Allow customers to subscribe to up to a max of 2-3 RSNs that aren't in their local market as well, and make the MLB Network part of the package. Charge $15/month for it during the season when people are watching the games, then drop it to $5/month in the offseason for the more hardcore fans who like to watch Hot Stove every morning, MLB Now every afternoon, etc..
    Sinclair wants every subscriber to pay for them. Gotta think these hits dish and others are taking losing RSNs are also hits to Sinclair.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Sinclair wants every subscriber to pay for them. Gotta think these hits dish and others are taking losing RSNs are also hits to Sinclair.
    True - just not so sure that narrowing the number of cable/streaming services isn't exactly what Sinclair is angling for in the first place. Once they're able to see how big a hit they take when moving away from each particular service, they'll have a better handle on just how many people in each market are willing to pay a higher fee to get the RSNs in a particular area. It's obvious that there were a ton of YTTV subscribers hacked off by this - certainly enough instantly switched providers a month before the season starts to convince YTTV to go back to the negotiating table. They can look at the number that left other providers when they didn't meet Sinclair's new asking price as well. They can eventually settle on whichever provider is willing to pay the most to get those customers and work out an exclusive agreement with them.

It would just seem to make sense to have that be YTTV since they already have an agreement to carry the Network as well. Give them all the RSNs to pair with YES and the Cubs' network and MLB Network and have YTTV charge $15-$20/month for a "Baseball Package" but only allow customers to get RSNs in 2-3 markets so MLB.tv would still be the only place to go if you wanted to have access to EVERY team's out of market games. Sinclair/YTTV (or other service) then becomes a sort of regional MLB.tv where subscribers also get their team's home games. Even though I'm not one of them, I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who would pay $90/year to see their team's home games while also paying the $129/year to get MLB.tv as well.

Brian Jordan's New BFF JohnAdcox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulavol View Post
    Looks like they have it worked out. Long term, I mean.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnAdcox View Post
    Looks like they have it worked out. Long term, I mean.
    You've seen something today?

Brian Jordan's New BFF JohnAdcox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    You've seen something today?
    Naw, but I work in the industry and hear scuttlebutt. From what I understand, second hand, there are some carrier-allocated ad spots that YouTube doesn't bother to take advantage of (sometimes you'll see a grey screen during a break). At this point, it looks like Sinclair will get those back to sell ads, and some "per viewer" revenue bumps.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnAdcox For This Useful Post:

clvclv (03-03-2020)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnAdcox View Post
    Naw, but I work in the industry and hear scuttlebutt. From what I understand, second hand, there are some carrier-allocated ad spots that YouTube doesn't bother to take advantage of (sometimes you'll see a grey screen during a break). At this point, it looks like Sinclair will get those back to sell ads, and some "per viewer" revenue bumps.
    *amn - I kinda liked those!!!

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    619 Posts
    This is great news!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Not for everyone. They are being very misleading with this statement. They are still limiting what markets get the RSN’s. For example the Birmingham area is still losing FSSE.
    Last edited by Frek21; 03-06-2020 at 05:19 AM.