Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fangraphs Braves Prospect Rankings

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mfree80 View Post
    Oh good grief... Why is it so important to prove somebody else wrong?

Striker has clarified his position. It is really not far from the board consensus. It doesn't matter if he said something different earlier.
    go back and read the incessant whining from the draft thread...go read how absolutely sure he was that Shewmake couldn't play defense and was destined to be an OF who couldn't hit enough to play there, despite never seeing him play. now, still having never seen him play, he questions the defensive reports of people who have watched him, and is trying to manufacture a way to prove himself half-correct (uhhh, he's too big and who knows maybe he'll be 230 lbs soon?????? it could happen!) rather than dead wrong, as he was. and as someone who said over and over again that he was overreacting and evaluating a draft pick so quickly is a mistake, i do find it humorous, personally.
    Last edited by Super; 01-27-2020 at 11:30 AM.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mfree80 View Post
    Oh good grief... Why is it so important to prove somebody else wrong?

Striker has clarified his position. It is really not far from the board consensus. It doesn't matter if he said something different earlier.
    Then how would one win the internet ?
    Ivermectin Man

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,362 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Then how would one win the internet ?
    Wiener size. Clearly I won already.
    Coppy

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Wiener size. Clearly I won already.
    this isn't golf
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    go back and read the incessant whining from the draft thread...go read how absolutely sure he was that Shewmake couldn't play defense and was destined to be an OF who couldn't hit enough to play there, despite never seeing him play. now, still having never seen him play, he questions the defensive reports of people who have watched him, and is trying to manufacture a way to prove himself half-correct (uhhh, he's too big and who knows maybe he'll be 230 lbs soon?????? it could happen!) rather than dead wrong, as he was. and as someone who said over and over again that he was overreacting and evaluating a draft pick so quickly is a mistake, i do find it humorous, personally.
    Does Enscheff have multiple accounts?

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    This is part of the problem - some of you guys group "casual fans" and those who may not believe all decisions have to be strictly dictated by analytics together, and that's simply not the case.

Plenty of people around here understand and agree that utilizing players better will help in plenty of areas - there have been countless occasions where we've screamed for Snitker to sit Markakis or Ender, give Freddie/Ozzie/Acuna more rest, etc. because it will help in the long run. That doesn't mean you have to subscribe to the "never play someone except in certain situations" theory.

Things that the numbers can't cover come up from time-to-time - one of the guys you planned to sit (or your sub) shows up that day and doesn't feel well, so you start Ender against a lefty, and so on. Somebody's sick kid kept them up all night or they have some kind of other family issue and they just aren't the best option on that particular day. Ideally you can follow the numbers all the time - things just don't always work out that way.

Those things aren't always discussed in press conferences because not everyone's looking to place blame somewhere else - Freddie and others have said many times that those kinds of things are usually kept within the clubhouse walls.
    Okay, I'll modify my statement. Managers should always put their players in optimal conditions unless they get sick, hurt, have family issues, or any other externality that any non-mentally challenged adult would take into context. Before this post I was totally going to be outraged if Snit threw Markakis up there against a lefty because Duvall came down with the Wuhan Virus. I would have just told Duvall to suck it up because his OPS was .075 points higher or something.

If they don't make that stuff public, then its 100% fair to criticize an ostensibly poor decision. We can only work with the evidence that we have in front of us. This is one of those situations where you are trying to find some ridiculous caveat just to die on the "Analytics are good, but analytics are also bad" hill that you've been dying on since before I joined this board.

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    Okay, I'll modify my statement. Managers should always put their players in optimal conditions unless they get sick, hurt, have family issues, or any other externality that any non-mentally challenged adult would take into context. Before this post I was totally going to be outraged if Snit threw Markakis up there against a lefty because Duvall came down with the Wuhan Virus. I would have just told Duvall to suck it up because his OPS was .075 points higher or something.

If they don't make that stuff public, then its 100% fair to criticize an ostensibly poor decision. We can only work with the evidence that we have in front of us. This is one of those situations where you are trying to find some ridiculous caveat just to die on the "Analytics are good, but analytics are also bad" hill that you've been dying on since before I joined this board.
    Freeman totally should have had his arm amputated and totally crushed NLDS pitching with a Pete Gray swing last year. Totally inexcusable that he didn't.

Awaiting a Promotion chipchildress's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    He's just super brazin' and upfront. He's a bigger personality than Acuna, for sure. I think it'll rub people wrong but fans are going to love it. Well, everyone but the #Boomers.

young people love an asshole?
    i guess that explains the Kobe the admitted rapist Bryant love.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chipchildress View Post
    how do you explain old people and rapist Trump then

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

Carp (01-29-2020), jpx7 (01-29-2020), Snowman (01-29-2020), UNCBlue012 (01-31-2020), zbhargrove (01-29-2020)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    595 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chipchildress View Post
    It’s **** like this that brings me comfort in the fact that all the Boomers will be dead soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippyjms View Post
    It’s **** like this that brings me comfort in the fact that all the Boomers will be dead soon.
    "PULL THE PLUG, GRANDMA! DO US THE FAVOR!!"

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Wow, y’all really drug this thread into the toilet.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to brian22 For This Useful Post:

Garmel (01-31-2020)

Awaiting a Promotion chipchildress's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    how do you explain old people and rapist Trump then
    redneck assholes. surely plenty post here. ask them.
    lack of education and brain power contribute.