Page 1006 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 650690695699610041005100610071008101610561106 ... LastLast
Results 20,101 to 20,120 of 29602

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    She's a disgusting person.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (08-13-2021), Tapate50 (08-13-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    She's a disgusting person.
    Regardless of ones opinions on the person the statement holds truth.

Trying to eliminate death from the equation as whats trying to be implemented in several places around the world is silly.

We are born. We live and we die.

Majority of the people who 'died' from the ccp virus did not have long to live statistically. I think the stat of the median age of those that have died from the CCP virus is still older than the average life expectancy of the nation.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Regardless of ones opinions on the person the statement holds truth.

Trying to eliminate death from the equation as whats trying to be implemented in several places around the world is silly.

We are born. We live and we die.

Majority of the people who 'died' from the ccp virus did not have long to live statistically. I think the stat of the median age of those that have died from the CCP virus is still older than the average life expectancy of the nation.
    Context is important here. She wasn't just randomly musing about the fragility of life. She was talking in the context of Covid at a time when cases are spiking again. People in her district have died and more will die. And not all of these people have been or will be exceptionally elderly.

MTG is a bad human being. She's showed this time and again.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (08-13-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Context is important here. She wasn't just randomly musing about the fragility of life. She was talking in the context of Covid at a time when cases are spiking again. People in her district have died and more will die. And not all of these people have been or will be exceptionally elderly.

MTG is a bad human being. She's showed this time and again.
    I'm not going to get into a discussion on MTG because opinions are very strong on her.

The context is that we are being beaten into submission because people are dying of a respiratory illness which has been happening since the dawn of time. This pulling on the heart strings is what is facilitating this dangerous submission of our freedoms all for the sake of saving JUST ONE LIFE.

I'm sorry but what she is saying is 100% right.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    I'm not going to get into a discussion on MTG because opinions are very strong on her.

The context is that we are being beaten into submission because people are dying of a respiratory illness which has been happening since the dawn of time. This pulling on the heart strings is what is facilitating this dangerous submission of our freedoms all for the sake of saving JUST ONE LIFE.

I'm sorry but what she is saying is 100% right.
    Again, context. She was asked a question about hospital overcrowding and her response was that we can't live forever.

The better response would be "I'm committed to ensuring my district has all the resources it needs to combat any medical challenge it encounters. We're currently doing very well treating patients not just with Covid but any number of problems and we don't foresee any problems doing that in the future."

It's possible to be both compassionate and still not compromise on issues of personal freedom. She has no compassion and it's not just this instance that has shown that. She's a callous and selfish person. But that's not exactly rare in Washington, most are just better at hiding it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (08-13-2021), Jaw (08-13-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Again, context. She was asked a question about hospital overcrowding and her response was that we can't live forever.

The better response would be "I'm committed to ensuring my district has all the resources it needs to combat any medical challenge it encounters. We're currently doing very well treating patients not just with Covid but any number of problems and we don't foresee any problems doing that in the future."

It's possible to be both compassionate and still not compromise on issues of personal freedom. She has no compassion and it's not just this instance that has shown that. She's a callous and selfish person. But that's not exactly rare in Washington, most are just better at hiding it.
    The question itself is asked for political purposes and you know it.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    You know who MTG has compassion for?

The children that are being forced to wear masks despite no studies ever showing their usefullness.

The families that have lost their businesses because of lockdowns and now have to worry each and every day how they are going to feed their children.

Future generations that are being saddled by debt because we shut down the world for a respiratory illness.

So let me ask you Striker who is actually showing compassion for these people or are only the people who are dying of the ccp virus worth compassion?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    The question itself is asked for political purposes and you know it.
    You know who MTG has compassion for?

The children that are being forced to wear masks despite no studies ever showing their usefullness.

The families that have lost their businesses because of lockdowns and now have to worry each and every day how they are going to feed their children.

Future generations that are being saddled by debt because we shut down the world for a respiratory illness.

So let me ask you Striker who is actually showing compassion for these people or are only the people who are dying of the ccp virus worth compassion?
    Of course it was a political question. So in addition to not being a good human being, she's also bad at politics. I'll give her credit for being honest about how she truly feels though.

Compassion is not a limited resource. You can do what you can to help those sick with a virus and do so responsibly. I'm not saying we need to go into lockdown again. Not even close. She should, however, be concerned about ensuring that the hospitals in her district have the resources to treat people in this latest surge and not just write it off like she has. This is the same whether it's Covid or a bad flu season. Overloaded hospitals are a bad thing and we're starting to skate close to that line again.

The line about kids being forced to wear masks harming them reminds me of the Simpsons line "Won't somebody please think of the children?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Of course it was a political question. So in addition to not being a good human being, she's also bad at politics. I'll give her credit for being honest about how she truly feels though.

Compassion is not a limited resource. You can do what you can to help those sick with a virus and do so responsibly. I'm not saying we need to go into lockdown again. Not even close. She should, however, be concerned about ensuring that the hospitals in her district have the resources to treat people in this latest surge and not just write it off like she has. This is the same whether it's Covid or a bad flu season. Overloaded hospitals are a bad thing and we're starting to skate close to that line again.

The line about kids being forced to wear masks harming them reminds me of the Simpsons line "Won't somebody please think of the children?"
    The narrative of the "OVERCROWDED HOSPITALS" is what drives lockdowns. Its what drives business closures. Its what drives additional stimulus.

I actually find the argument that masks don't harm children to be comical. Do you even remember being a little kid. I would have HATED wearing a mask for more than 10 minutes.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    The narrative of the "OVERCROWDED HOSPITALS" is what drives lockdowns. Its what drives business closures. Its what drives additional stimulus.

I actually find the argument that masks don't harm children to be comical. Do you even remember being a little kid. I would have HATED wearing a mask for more than 10 minutes.
    Overcrowded hospitals isn't a narrative. We're already seeing hospitals here nearing capacity and refusing transfers. It's a real concern that needs to be addressed. Don't ignore a problem because some people propose a bad solution. If your leg is infected, you should't refuse to take antibiotics just because one doctor proposed amputation.

You claim there's no evidence masks help (in spite of there being evidence of masks reducing respiratory droplets that spread covid) but you claim that the idea that masks aren't harmful to children is laughable when there is literally no evidence they're harmful to children in any meaningful way.

As far as not remembering what it's like to be a kid, I can do one better. I have a 4 year old. We've explained that he needs to wear a mask because people are sick and we've gotten him fun masks with characters on them he likes. He quickly adapted to it and there have been no ill effects. If there's harm related to masks I think it's more caused by bad parenting than anything to do with the masks themselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Overcrowded hospitals isn't a narrative. We're already seeing hospitals here nearing capacity and refusing transfers. It's a real concern that needs to be addressed. Don't ignore a problem because some people propose a bad solution. If your leg is infected, you should't refuse to take antibiotics just because one doctor proposed amputation.

You claim there's no evidence masks help (in spite of there being evidence of masks reducing respiratory droplets that spread covid) but you claim that the idea that masks aren't harmful to children is laughable when there is literally no evidence they're harmful to children in any meaningful way.

As far as not remembering what it's like to be a kid, I can do one better. I have a 4 year old. We've explained that he needs to wear a mask because people are sick and we've gotten him fun masks with characters on them he likes. He quickly adapted to it and there have been no ill effects. If there's harm related to masks I think it's more caused by bad parenting than anything to do with the masks themselves.
    I have always said that droplets are prevented. Long history of that. When you're sick you should stay home or wear a mask. The rest of us should not be wearing mask especially kids.

There also aren't studies that masks don't harm kids. I've seen enough testimonials from parents across the nation that a large enough percentage of kids are struggling with this for me to care more about it than the 'overcrowded hopsitals' as if its the only time in history we have had it. The virus cycles and those overcrowded hospitals will be at 50% capacity in a few weeks.
    Natural Immunity Croc

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    These idiots who are willing to give an inch do not understand what is coming when they do

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Not giving an inch is what MTG is doing here.

Its a shame that people don't see that. For some reason the never end guilt cycle is always successful.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    911 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    These idiots who are willing to give an inch do not understand what is coming when they do

“Worried it would be too polarizing for the moment”

I’d hope it would be too polarizing for ANY moment, but nothing surprises me anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    How's this gonna work for all the mandates and passports?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    We all know how this goes. The northeast about to get hit and the media won't touch it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Why would Ron DeSantis do this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

They only shove the camera in certain politicians faces for political gains.

We HAVE TO STOP FEEDING INTO IT!
    Natural Immunity Croc

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Didn’t cross my mind that thethe was a woman

"For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts

Lol- been a lot develop in the last few days that have shut those folks down.

Rubes