Page 1093 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 935939931043108310911092109310941095110311431193 ... LastLast
Results 21,841 to 21,860 of 29602

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Umm... it shows efficacy in their own study.

Two points less than the placebo group in fact.

It also shouldn't be used by itself. Heavy doses of corticosteroids, Zinc, Vitamin C, etc...

No one has claimed a cure all but the study has framed as such. I am also not sure how that conversion goes for the invermectin.
    I went to the trouble of figuring the percentages of people in the groups who went to the hospital:

Placebo 1: 14.9%
    Placebo 2: 14.0%
    Ivermectin: 12.7%
    Fluvoxamine: 10.4%

Obviously Fluvoxamine produced the best results. There are various criteria that statisticians use to determine what is a significant difference and apparently by those criteria Fluvoxamine passed and Ivermectin did not.

But I think in general they need bigger sample sizes to be sure. So it's a good thing they are testing both again with a much bigger sample. With a sample of 700 it is hard to say if 13% is statistically different from 14% or just random noise. With a sample ten times that size you will have enough statistical power to make that determination.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 09-08-2021 at 02:53 PM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Umm... it shows efficacy in their own study.

Two points less than the placebo group in fact.

It also shouldn't be used by itself. Heavy doses of corticosteroids, Zinc, Vitamin C, etc...

No one has claimed a cure all but the study has framed as such. I am also not sure how that conversion goes for the invermectin.
    Its just like what they did with HCQ.

Design studies which rebukes claims that were never made.

These people are trash and thankfully some countries are stepping up and showing the world there are options aside from Big Pharma's experimental gene therapies.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    people would not be turning to ivermectin if hydroxychloroquine was such a "game changer"

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    people would not be turning to ivermectin if hydroxychloroquine was such a "game changer"
    The Big Pharma sponsored media did a number on HCQ when Trump started discussing it. There are still plenty of ACTUAL doctors who attest to its efficacy in their practice as well as many papers that detail exactly how HCQ w/zinc & Azithromycin neutralize COVID-19.

Now Big Pharma have sent their attack dogs against the newest drug that does a better job than the experimental gene therapies with less side effects. In addition, you get the benefit of natural immunity which you should be all for.

Do you wonder why all of MSM jumped into the fake horse dewormer story? No, you don't even want to use your mental energy on something that completely contradicts your worldview. I get it.
    Last edited by thethe; 09-08-2021 at 03:05 PM.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    BTW - Did you notice the lecturer has been relegated to this one thread?

I guess thats what happens when you've been hilariously wrong and don't want to face the emerging truth on the 2020 election.

I guess we will have to countdown to when you don't even show your face here.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    BTW - Did you notice the lecturer has been relegated to this one thread?

I guess thats what happens when you've been hilariously wrong and don't want to face the emerging truth on the 2020 election.

I guess we will have to countdown to when you don't even show your face here.
    don't worry...i will be continuing the Nullification Month--Take X series

and hopefully when that series is concluded we can replace it with the Reinstatement Month--Take Y series

"I am your retribution."

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    The Big Pharma sponsored media did a number on HCQ when Trump started discussing it. There are still plenty of ACTUAL doctors who attest to its efficacy in their practice as well as many papers that detail exactly how HCQ w/zinc & Azithromycin .

Now Big Pharma have sent their attack dogs against the newest drug that does a better job than the experimental gene therapies with less side effects. In addition, you get the benefit of natural immunity which you should be all for.

Do you wonder why all of MSM jumped into the fake horse dewormer story? No, you don't even want to use your mental energy on something that completely contradicts your worldview. I get it.
    Ah yes, we could be freed from Big Pharma by taking drugs produced by billion dollar drug companies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    Ah yes, we could be freed from Big Pharma by taking drugs produced by billion dollar drug companies.
    Big corporation wants to make more money so they push expensive treatment.

So hard to understand! Plus after a certain period of time anyone can produce the drugs so their prices plummet.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Big corporation wants to make more money so they push expensive treatment.

So hard to understand! Plus after a certain period of time anyone can produce the drugs so their prices plummet.
    that actually does happen quite a bit

but i don't think it correctly describes the motivations in this particular instance...the vaccines work...ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine don't...it's that simple

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    Patent is off these other options, so there is little to no money to be made anymore.

I'd encourage you to read up, and I'm not joking. If the govt told you there was billions at stake for you to make a vaccine with no liability attached to if it worked or not, what would you push?

Clinical efficacy for these treatment regimens is there.

If a doctor told you as you were admitted to the hospital there was something they have seen work, that is extremely safe, and didn't tell you the name would you let them treat you with it?
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts
    that actually does happen quite a bit

but i don't think it correctly describes the motivations in this particular instance...the vaccines work...ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine don't...it's that simple
    Oh boy. Someone doesn't see any difference in 14.9 and 12.7 but hails the difference in 12.7 and 10.4.

Wow. Thats some gymnastics that you literally said would need to be reviewed further.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    but how about fluvoxamine!!

maybe not a game changer

but promising and cheap!!

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts
    but how about fluvoxamine!!

maybe not a game changer

but promising and cheap!!
    I'd be 100% for a cheap more effective option.

Just like the other regimens so far, I'm sure combining it with other elements will make it more effective.

Whats not effective is ruling drugs out because it isn't a vaccine (or hasn't been studied enough) even though its shown clinical promise and labeling anything put out about it as misinformation even though no one knew anything for sure yet.
    Last edited by Tapate50; 09-08-2021 at 03:43 PM.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Hey guys - If the lecturer says it then we know what to believe.

Countless doctors with active practices are swearing by its efficacy. Whole countries are adopting the treatment.

Amazing what a misguided ideologue you've become.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts
    Literally just got off the phone with a guy who had covid, and was prescibed Ivermectin .2mg Doxycycline, Vit C\D, Zinc etc... regimen.

Doctors are using it.

As far as I know, nsacpi is not one.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Literally just got off the phone with a guy who had covid, and was prescibed Ivermectin .2mg Doxycycline, Vit C\D, Zinc etc... regimen.

Doctors are using it.

He also knows more than the inventor of the mRNA technology.

The record shows how strong his judgement truly is so I hope people that are reading this forum understand that he has been wrong on virtually everything the last five years.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Oh boy. Someone doesn't see any difference in 14.9 and 12.7 but hails the difference in 12.7 and 10.4.

Wow. Thats some gymnastics that you literally said would need to be reviewed further.
    Since I am lecturer, I give free tutorial.

We have a process similar to tossing a coin. With a fair coin it is heads half the time and tails half the time.

In this case, the process is whether someone with covid ends up in a hospital. We see from the placebo sample it is roughly 14%.

The variance of adding 700 observations like this is:

700(p)(1-p)

where p is probability of the event happening...in the case of a tossing a fair coin p is 0.5...in the case of a person going to the hospital it is 0.14

a standard deviation is the square root of the variance

using the formula with a little help from my best friend excel we get a standard deviation of slightly over 9

expected value of how many of 700 will go to the hospital is .14 times 700 or 98

these are the key numbers: expected value of 98 and standard deviation of 9

this means if you give several groups of 700 the placebo, about one third of the time you will get a number less than 89 (mean minus one standard deviation or higher than 107 (mean plus one standard deviation).

So for ivermectin to outperform the placebo by nine is to be very close to outperforming it by one standard deviation...which in random draws involving groups of 700 all taking just the placebo would happen about one third of the time

So now we move on to fluvoxamine, which outperformed the placebo by 32. That's slightly more than 3 standard deviations.

This is why the people who did this trial are convinced of fluvoxamine and not of ivermectin.

One outperformed the placebo by 3 standard deviations (which has less than 1% chance of happening if it were worthless)

The other outperformed the placebo by 1 standard deviation (which has about a 33% chance of happening if it were worthless)

Anyhow I hope I got all that right.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 09-08-2021 at 04:31 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    He also knows more than the inventor of the mRNA technology.

The record shows how strong his judgement truly is so I hope people that are reading this forum understand that he has been wrong on virtually everything the last five years.
    You hear a lot about the "inventor of mRNA technology" in reference to Robert Malone. He definitely contributed back in the late 80's and early 90's and was one of the first on the scene of the technology. But his involvement also ended very early on. People want to act like he's the mastermind of the entire technology which just isn't true. Malone speaking out against mRNA vaccines would be like Thomas Edison decrying LED bulbs. Even that's probably giving Malone more credit than he deserves.

Malone should be lauded for his early work but like many technologies, no one person can be credited with the invention of mRNA tech. It's the culmination of a lot of work by a lot of people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    You hear a lot about the "inventor of mRNA technology" in reference to Robert Malone. He definitely contributed back in the late 80's and early 90's and was one of the first on the scene of the technology. But his involvement also ended very early on. People want to act like he's the mastermind of the entire technology which just isn't true. Malone speaking out against mRNA vaccines would be like Thomas Edison decrying LED bulbs. Even that's probably giving Malone more credit than he deserves.

Malone should be lauded for his early work but like many technologies, no one person can be credited with the invention of mRNA tech. It's the culmination of a lot of work by a lot of people.
    So you are going to act like his opinion doesn't hold significant weight?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts

Doctors are using it.

can confirm i am not a medical doctor

"I am your retribution."