Page 1117 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 11761710171067110711151116111711181119112711671217 ... LastLast
Results 22,321 to 22,340 of 29602

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Make them obedient. Make them scared. Make them fat.

Note the source is not the most trustworthy though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Make them obedient. Make them scared. Make them fat.

Note the source is not the most trustworthy though

I think this is what some would call an 'externality'?

What an awful society we have.

We sacrificed children for fat people.

Wild times.....
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Imagine locking children indoors, away from their friends and stunt their learning because other Americans have made bad life choices.

Who are the selfish ones in this equation?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Lol an approved source and opinion of the lecturer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Getting back to norms is so great

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Quite the society that the left has built. Where a black family is denied service because they don't have the right papers

This is not about public health

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    911 Posts
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/uncontr...n_reviews_pos1

If there’s one overarching theme of “Uncontrolled Spread,” it’s that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention failed utterly. It’s now well known that the CDC didn’t follow standard operating procedures in its own labs, resulting in contamination and a complete botch of its original SARS-CoV-2 test. The agency’s failure put us weeks behind and took the South Korea option of suppressing the virus off the table. But the blunder was much deeper and more systematic than a botched test. The CDC never had a plan for widespread testing, which in any scenario could only be achieved by bringing in the big, private labs.

Instead of working with the commercial labs, the CDC went out of its way to impede them from developing and deploying their own tests. The CDC wouldn’t share its virus samples with commercial labs, slowing down test development. “The agency didn’t view it as a part of its mission to assist these labs.” Dr. Gottlieb writes. As a result, “It would be weeks before commercial manufacturers could get access to the samples they needed, and they’d mostly have to go around the CDC. One large commercial lab would obtain samples from a subsidiary in South Korea.”

At times the CDC seemed more interested in its own “intellectual property” than in saving lives. In a jaw-dropping section, Dr. Gottlieb writes that “companies seeking to make the test kits described extended negotiations with the CDC that stretched for weeks as the agency made sure that the contracts protected its inventions.” When every day of delay could mean thousands of lives lost down the line, the CDC was dickering over test royalties.

In the early months of the pandemic the CDC impeded private firms from developing their own tests and demanded that all testing be run through its labs even as its own test failed miserably and its own labs had no hope of scaling up to deal with the levels of testing needed. Moreover, the author notes, because its own labs couldn’t scale, the CDC played down the necessity of widespread testing and took “deliberate steps to enforce guidelines that would make sure it didn’t receive more samples than its single lab could handle.”

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Quite the society that the left has built. Where a black family is denied service because they don't have the right papers

This is not about public health

Remember everyone

The society this fake outrage cünt fights for says the business has the right to deny service on them for just being black

There’s no reason to take him serious.
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/uncontr...n_reviews_pos1

If there’s one overarching theme of “Uncontrolled Spread,” it’s that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention failed utterly. It’s now well known that the CDC didn’t follow standard operating procedures in its own labs, resulting in contamination and a complete botch of its original SARS-CoV-2 test. The agency’s failure put us weeks behind and took the South Korea option of suppressing the virus off the table. But the blunder was much deeper and more systematic than a botched test. The CDC never had a plan for widespread testing, which in any scenario could only be achieved by bringing in the big, private labs.

Instead of working with the commercial labs, the CDC went out of its way to impede them from developing and deploying their own tests. The CDC wouldn’t share its virus samples with commercial labs, slowing down test development. “The agency didn’t view it as a part of its mission to assist these labs.” Dr. Gottlieb writes. As a result, “It would be weeks before commercial manufacturers could get access to the samples they needed, and they’d mostly have to go around the CDC. One large commercial lab would obtain samples from a subsidiary in South Korea.”

At times the CDC seemed more interested in its own “intellectual property” than in saving lives. In a jaw-dropping section, Dr. Gottlieb writes that “companies seeking to make the test kits described extended negotiations with the CDC that stretched for weeks as the agency made sure that the contracts protected its inventions.” When every day of delay could mean thousands of lives lost down the line, the CDC was dickering over test royalties.

In the early months of the pandemic the CDC impeded private firms from developing their own tests and demanded that all testing be run through its labs even as its own test failed miserably and its own labs had no hope of scaling up to deal with the levels of testing needed. Moreover, the author notes, because its own labs couldn’t scale, the CDC played down the necessity of widespread testing and took “deliberate steps to enforce guidelines that would make sure it didn’t receive more samples than its single lab could handle.”

To paraphrase a great man "We're from the government and we're here to protect our intellectual property."
    Unbelievable.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (09-17-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Laboratories around the country are now facing potential shortages of key materials and chemicals needed to run tests for the novel coronavirus, as cases spread to more than two-thirds of the states and the global pandemic strains testing resources even further.

Some lab directors say they are already beginning to run low of the supplies needed to extract RNA from nasal swabs, a crucial initial step that is separate from the millions of test kits that the federal government has promised to ship to every state. Others say they are weighing whether to borrow some materials from other research labs that aren’t involved in creating or running coronavirus tests.

And some lab directors are worried about the future availability of the reagents, or chemical ingredients, used in the tests themselves. Several labs have also said that they have had trouble getting virus samples that are needed to validate the tests to make sure they are properly identifying positive samples.

Dr. Robert Redfield, the director of the C.D.C., told Politico on Tuesday that the agency was keeping an eye on the supply of materials needed to do the tests. But, when asked how the agency would deal with a shortage of RNA extraction kits, he said: “I don’t know the answer to that question.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/11/h...gtype=Homepage

Hopefully, these logistical problems are getting some high-level attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    The question needs to be asked: is it U.S. government policy to slow walk testing?
    bumped from 3/12/2020
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Trumps fault
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Trumps fault
    not entirely...but he said multiple times he didn't want more testing

i think he made the claim that the rise in cases was an artifact of testing

"i said to my people slow the testing down please"

the CDC had it's share of screwups

but the lack of urgency on testing extended all the way to the Oval Office

it is an amazingly stupid position to take that cases will drop if you stop testing but we kind of got inured to that sort of nonsense

hey there were posters here arguing against testing too...maybe one of them can chime in and explain the case against testing
    Last edited by nsacpi; 09-17-2021 at 07:53 AM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Testing asymptomatic people was always a stupid policy.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    While we're splitting hairs and cherry picking quotes, I believe he was a big proponent of the vaccine as well wasn't he? And aren't their quotes from several of his political opponents casting doubt on the vaccine research and approval process?
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    You have to forgive nsacpi. Something he spent four years of his life in has been fully revealed as a lie.

Hard to live with knowing you’re a chump.

Just wait till election fraud becomes proven. Woo boy
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    911 Posts
    If cheap, easy, at home testing we’re widely available, it couldn’t have hurt. If I was able to test myself every couple of days knowing that if I had covid, there was a decent chance I wouldn’t be showing symptoms, I would’ve stayed home had I happened to test positive, avoiding spreading it to others.

Our dopey FDA didn’t approve these tests, still hasn’t approved many of them, now we’re 18-20 months into this and at home testing is way more expensive than it should be (if you’re able to even get them), while many places in Europe they’re widely available for a couple dollars a test. And BTW, these tests are made in America. And these companies still can’t sell them to Americans, because FDA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    That’s fine.

Still makes no sense to me to test asymptomatic people.

We are getting wrapped up in things that don’t matter.

At risk need to take better care of themselves and seniors need to take precaution.

We would be done with the pandemic six months ago like Sweden.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    While we're splitting hairs and cherry picking quotes, I believe he was a big proponent of the vaccine as well wasn't he? And aren't their quotes from several of his political opponents casting doubt on the vaccine research and approval process?
    it is not really cherry picking...it took a macro second for thethe to explain the anti-testing view, which apparently continues to have adherents even to this day

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    911 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    No question the ideological breakdown of never vaxxers would be different had Trump won re-election. Biden, Harris, Cuomo, other high profile Dems all were sewing vaccine doubt because they didn’t want Trump to get a W before Election Day. But now we’re supposed to rip up those receipts and let them have their “follow the science” high ground.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to acesfull86 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (09-17-2021)