Page 1293 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 29379311931243128312911292129312941295130313431393 ... LastLast
Results 25,841 to 25,860 of 29605

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,717 Posts
    NY makes major adjustment to COVID hospitalization reporting during omicron surge

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-...g-kathy-hochul

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Do you not think omicron is a positive development?
    My kids' pediatrician office might be the best in the metro area and they said being vaccinated and then catching omicron is probably the best case scenario at this time as far as COVID. I have a six month PCP visit tomorrow to go more in depth, but his initial reaction to me having a mild, likely omicron, case was "good."
    Woah bud that's a long time to spend on Angel Dust my friend.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (01-04-2022), Jaw (01-05-2022)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I'd wager we all know someone who has died of Covid. Probably multiple people. Most of us probably know someone who was in pretty good health with years of life in front of them that has died of Covid. I'd also wager that all of us know someone that was considered low risk that ended up seriously sick with Covid and in the hospital.

Finally, I'll wager none of us knows anyone who died or was even made seriously ill by the vaccine.
    I personally don't know anyone who's died of COVID yet which I consider a blessing but I know multiple people who got COVID so bad they needed medical intervention. And there's a very real chance I know someone who may have gotten Parkinson's as a form of long COVID.

I consider myself lucky to not personally know anyone who died of COVID. I know people who have, but not in like my inner circle of people I know. Which is a miracle in a way with how much of my family lives in NJ. Those who don't live in New Orleans and DC.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    NY makes major adjustment to COVID hospitalization reporting during omicron surge

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-...g-kathy-hochul
    Hysterical how fast the narrative changes. This logic needs to also be retrospectively applied to all the 'COVID Deaths'

Its been such a scam from the beginning.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,717 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Hysterical how fast the narrative changes. This logic needs to also be retrospectively applied to all the 'COVID Deaths'

Its been such a scam from the beginning.
    I can remember some on the right wanting this distinction made a year ago, and them being called conspiracy theorists

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,902 Posts
    I can remember some on the right wanting this distinction made a year ago, and them being called conspiracy theorists
    Well thats just normal course of business nowadays. But sure, we should listen to the official narrative on hospitalization allocation between vax/no vax as well as adverse reactions to the experimental gene therapy.

Difference between a conspiracy theory and the truth is on average a few months. At times its been a few days.

"I need some new conspiracy theories. All of mine have come true"
    Natural Immunity Croc

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,810 Posts
    It's just amazing... And the clapping seals don't recognize it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,902 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    It's just amazing... And the clapping seals don't recognize it

They can't be capable of not recognizing it. They just don't care. It's a religion.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (01-05-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,902 Posts
    Mass formation psychosis

We are seeing it first hand here on these forums.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    915 Posts
    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/op...ks/9033021002/

The omicron variant has illustrated that vaccines are a mitigator of COVID-19, not an eliminator. And it's teaching us there's no impenetrable shield that will keep us safe from the virus. We can't hide from it behind jabs and masks.

More in my circle of friends and family have COVID than at any point of the pandemic, and nearly all are fully vaccinated. But none have got much sicker than they would have with a cold or the flu. As of Dec. 25, almost 60% of cases of COVID-19 in the country were caused by the omicron variant, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

That affirms the importance of getting vaccinated. But omicron has also exposed the reality that vaccines aren't working nearly as well as we hoped to prevent the spread of the virus.

And that calls into question the wisdom of vaccine mandates, especially as the science and efficacy of the vaccine can now be compared to other innovative COVID treatments like GlaxoSmithKline's Sotrovimab and other types of monoclonal antibodies effective against delta and other earlier variants of the virus.

If you get COVID and don't end up in the hospital or die, who cares? The vaccines have proven themselves effective in that regard. While case numbers have surged, deaths haven't kept pace.

A Carnival Cruise Lines ship that set sail just before Christmas required all passengers to be vaccinated and tested for COVID before they boarded. That didn't prevent a small outbreak from running through the ship, keeping it from docking at some of its scheduled ports.

That experience should inform policymaking. Dr. Anthony Fauci's call for a vaccine mandate for domestic air travel seems dated, now that we know vaccinated people can spread the virus the same as the unvaccinated.

——————

^ this op-ed from the Detroit News was printed today in my local (liberal) paper. Nothing that some here haven’t been saying for months, but it was encouraging just to see something like it in a newspaper that’s been parroting Fauci for 2 years.

If Bob’s vaccine doesn’t protect Steve from contracting COVID, the case for forcing Bob to get the vaccine is kneecapped. When they were first released, many hoped the positive externality from getting a vaccine would confer protection beyond the person receiving the shot - it ain’t there. So let’s stop making rules based on the vaccines we wish we had and instead provide guidance based on the vaccines we do have.
    Last edited by acesfull86; 01-05-2022 at 08:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,717 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/op...ks/9033021002/

The omicron variant has illustrated that vaccines are a mitigator of COVID-19, not an eliminator. And it's teaching us there's no impenetrable shield that will keep us safe from the virus. We can't hide from it behind jabs and masks.

More in my circle of friends and family have COVID than at any point of the pandemic, and nearly all are fully vaccinated. But none have got much sicker than they would have with a cold or the flu. As of Dec. 25, almost 60% of cases of COVID-19 in the country were caused by the omicron variant, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

That affirms the importance of getting vaccinated. But omicron has also exposed the reality that vaccines aren't working nearly as well as we hoped to prevent the spread of the virus.

And that calls into question the wisdom of vaccine mandates, especially as the science and efficacy of the vaccine can now be compared to other innovative COVID treatments like GlaxoSmithKline's Sotrovimab and other types of monoclonal antibodies effective against delta and other earlier variants of the virus.

If you get COVID and don't end up in the hospital or die, who cares? The vaccines have proven themselves effective in that regard. While case numbers have surged, deaths haven't kept pace.

A Carnival Cruise Lines ship that set sail just before Christmas required all passengers to be vaccinated and tested for COVID before they boarded. That didn't prevent a small outbreak from running through the ship, keeping it from docking at some of its scheduled ports.

That experience should inform policymaking. Dr. Anthony Fauci's call for a vaccine mandate for domestic air travel seems dated, now that we know vaccinated people can spread the virus the same as the unvaccinated.

——————

^ this op-ed from the Detroit News was printed today in my local (liberal) paper. Nothing that some here haven’t been saying for months, but it was encouraging just to see something like it in a newspaper that’s been parroting Fauci for 2 years.

If Bob’s vaccine doesn’t protect Steve from contracting COVID, the case for forcing Bob to get the vaccine is kneecapped. When they were first released, many hoped the positive externality from getting a vaccine would confer protection beyond the person receiving the shot - it ain’t there. So let’s stop making rules based on the vaccines we wish we had and instead provide guidance based on the vaccines we do have.
    Fauci pushing more vaccine mandates for his pocket book, not health concerns of others

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    I think so of it is just pride too. It's difficult for someone who has been given the near worship as the answer man that he has received to just say, sorry, we were wrong, you're all going to catch it, but it's not as dangerous as we were making it out to be.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,717 Posts
    I think so of it is just pride too. It's difficult for someone who has been given the near worship as the answer man that he has received to just say, sorry, we were wrong, you're all going to catch it, but it's not as dangerous as we were making it out to be.
    Good point. Could be seeing his fame coming to an end

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,906 Posts
    Good point. Could be seeing his fame coming to an end
    Unfortunately, everything said here is looking like its 8 months ahead of the general public and news.

Sad really.
    Ivermectin Man

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

Garmel (01-05-2022), Jaw (01-05-2022), thethe (01-05-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,902 Posts
    This was all so obvious to anyone that bothered to look at the Israeli data early in 2021.

Just like it was obvious this was a disease that impacts the unhealthy when looking over the data from Italy in early 2020.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,810 Posts
    My wife ahead an outbreak at her work, and now I am sick (didn't test).

It's nothing NyQuil can't handle... Been about three days and am on the up and up. I've not had the shots and seem to be doing fine.

I laugh when all these famous people religiously publicly thank their vaccine for their mild symptoms... When I'm experiencing the same exact thing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    My wife ahead an outbreak at her work, and now I am sick (didn't test).

It's nothing NyQuil can't handle... Been about three days and am on the up and up. I've not had the shots and seem to be doing fine.

I laugh when all these famous people religiously publicly thank their vaccine for their mild symptoms... When I'm experiencing the same exact thing
    Germany just announced they had a cratering of their ICU usage.

For anyone other than the obese all strains have effectively been a bad flu.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,810 Posts
    Seems kitchen sink science may not.be working.

These are the country's elite institutions?

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (01-05-2022), Jaw (01-05-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    The Ivy League in general looks to have gone to kudzu.
    Go get him!