Page 167 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 671171571651661671681691772172676671167 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,340 of 29602

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    You guys should listen to this podcast.

Something weird is going on with Fauchi right now. Contradicting his own timelines and moving goalposts.

All we heard is that Trump needs to listen to experts. Well, it looks like he did and Fauchi bungled this terribly.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    why is twitter suppressing accounts trying to get the truth out
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    why is twitter suppressing accounts trying to get the truth out
    Meh - I feel like this is tongue and cheek but it actually is a great question.

Follow the money
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    I will say, I don't know for certain if this might be the case here. I know for afact when it was first rolled out for mass testing, some sites would give anyone a test, but without a doctor order, insurance likely would not cover and it will cost like $200 out of pocket. Considering the unemployment rate, I would venture to say many people would rather not spend the money when they feel fine.

I would hope things would change with anti-body testing, but people being they are, I am not so sure.
    Given that information is an important tool in making policy regarding this pandemic, governments should be doing more to encourage people to get tested. This includes making the tests widely available and at low or no cost.

"I am your retribution."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Carp (04-13-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    tongue and cheek
    no need to get all kinky on me

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Fauchi in Feb 29th:

THe risk for the US is very low

And you guys wonder why Trumps message has been inconsistent?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Fauchi in 4/12:

We were in real trouble the middle to end of January.

You can't make this **** up.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Fauchi in Feb 29th:

THe risk for the US is very low

And you guys wonder why Trumps message has been inconsistent?
    Fauci is saying they've made mistakes. If a reporter asked him specifically if he made mistakes and was wrong about certain things, he would own up to it. He has acknowledged changing his mind about various things as the evidence has come in. That is called being a mensch.

"I am your retribution."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Carp (04-13-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Fauci is saying they've made mistakes. If a reporter asked him specifically if he made mistakes and was wrong about certain things, he would own up to it. He has acknowledged changing his mind about various things as the evidence has come in. That is called being a mensch.
    Its important to know the record before the media blames Trump for every single CCP virus death.

Eveyrone wanted him to listen to experts. Everyone loves Fauchi. Well Trump did exactly that.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    chosen one has overall responsibility for his administration's response. The buck stops somewhere. But there are some things that he deserves credit for. The early closure of airports to travellers from China is one.

Here is a timeline from the WaPo worth keeping in mind:

A timeline:

Jan. 3: The Trump administration received its first formal notification of the outbreak in China, according to our colleagues Yasmeen Abutaleb, Josh Dawsey, Ellen Nakashima, and Greg Miller. “Within days, U.S. spy agencies were signaling the seriousness of the threat to Trump by including a warning about the coronavirus — the first of many — in the President’s Daily Brief,” they write. Advisers in the White House, however, struggled to get Trump to take the threat seriously.

Jan. 18: The secretary of Health and Human Services, Alex Azar, was finally able to speak with Trump, who was at Mar-a-Lago, and provide him with his first briefing about the virus. But the conversation was quickly derailed: “When he reached Trump by phone, the president interjected to ask about vaping and when flavored vaping products would be back on the market, the senior administration officials said,” according to our colleagues Shane Harris, Greg, Josh and Ellen.

Jan. 21: The first confirmed U.S. case is announced in Washington state.

Jan. 22: During an interview from the World Economic Forum in Davos, Trump told CNBC he was “not at all” worried about a potential pandemic: “No. Not at all. And we have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China … It’s going to be just fine.”

Jan. 29: The top White House adviser on trade and China hawk, Peter Navarro, issued a memo starkly warning “that the coronavirus crisis could cost the United States trillions of dollars and put millions of Americans at risk of illness or death,” the New York Times's Maggie Haberman reported. Trump did create the coronavirus task force that same day, but he was still publicly downplaying the virus.

Jan 30: Despite recommendations from his top health advisers against doing so, “Mr. Trump would approve the limits on travel from China the next day, though it would be weeks before he began taking more aggressive steps to head off spread of the virus,” per Haberman.

Feb. 5: Azar submitted an emergency request for over $4 billion to the White House budget officials after HHS leaders sent over two letters asking the office “to use its transfer authority to shift $136 million of department funds into pools that could be tapped for combating the coronavirus,” Yasmeen, Josh, Ellen and Greg report. “Azar and his aides also began raising the need for a multibillion-dollar supplemental budget request to send to Congress.”

A shouting match ensued in the Situation Room that day in response to Azar's ask, our colleagues report: “A deputy in the budget office accused Azar of preemptively lobbying Congress for a gigantic sum that White House officials had no interest in granting.”

Feb. 6: After the World Health Organization shipped 250,000 test kits to labs around the world, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention “began distributing 90 kits to a smattering of state-run health labs,” per Yasmeen, Josh, Ellen and Grerg. “Almost immediately, the state facilities encountered problems.”

Feb. 29: The testing problems continued and it wasn't until Feb. 29 that the Food and Drug Administration issued a new policy allowing private labs to proceed with their own tests.

Feb. 21: Dr. Robert Kadlec, the top disaster response official at HHS, convened the coronavirus task force to recalibrate the administration's virus response, according to the New York Times's Eric Lipton, David Sanger, Maggie Haberman, Michael Shear, Mark Mazzetti, and Julian Barnes. “The group — including [Fauci]; Dr. Robert R. Redfield of the [CDC], and Mr. Azar, who at that stage was leading the White House task force — concluded they would soon need to move toward aggressive social distancing, even at the risk of severe disruption to the nation’s economy and the daily lives of millions of Americans.”

Feb. 23: Navarro penned a second memo that was circulated in the West Wing, laying “the groundwork for supplemental requests from Congress, with the warning: ‘This is NOT a time for penny-pinching or horse trading on the Hill,’” per Axios's Jonathan Swan. In that memo, Navarro predicted a “full-blown” pandemic “could infect as many as 100 million Americans, with a loss of life of as many as 1-2 million souls.”

Feb. 24: “ … Dr. Kadlec and the others decided to present Mr. Trump with a plan titled 'Four Steps to Mitigation,' telling the president that they needed to begin preparing Americans for a step rarely taken in United States history,” per Lipton, Sanger, Haberman, Shear, Mazzetti, and Barnes. “But over the next several days, a presidential blowup and internal turf fights would sidetrack such a move. The focus would shift to messaging and confident predictions of success rather than publicly calling for a shift to mitigation.”

Feb. 29: A Washington state man with an underlying health condition became the first person to die of coronavirus in the United States.

March 11: Trump delivered an Oval Office address on the virus in which he announced the ban of all travel from Europe for 30 days and called to buoy the economy. But the president still did not recommend social distancing.

March 16: Trump agreed to implement new and stronger guidelines issued by the CDC for Americans to practice social distancing and avoid gatherings of groups of 10 or more people.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    This was a fast-moving crisis that every government struggled with. With the possible exception of FINLAND, no one responded perfectly.

As a society we will have to analyze what happened and draw some conclusions.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    This was a fast-moving crisis that every government struggled with. With the possible exception of FINLAND, no one responded perfectly.

As a society we will have to analyze what happened and draw some conclusions.
    This is of course true but you know that is not what will happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Do a search on Tibet and Uighur and you will see my posting history with respect to these matters.

I remember a discussion of foreign policy once, in which a poster (who does not need to be identified so as to spare embarrassment) made the point that China unlike the U.S. did not go around invading and occupying other countries. And I mentioned Tibet only to be scoffed at.

"I am your retribution."

18. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (04-13-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Do a search on Tibet and Uighur and you will see my posting history with respect to these matters.
    I wasnt trying to say younwere a CCP cheerleader

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    On April 9, 2019, I started a thread titled: China's War on Uighur Culture.

It attracted a grand total of 7 replies.

It is interesting to review those replies.

http://www.chopcountry.com/forums/sh...ghlight=uighur

"I am your retribution."

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Metaphysicist (04-13-2020), Runnin (04-13-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    No. You are wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    They closed early so more uninfected people existed when lockdown was removed. That's why a sharp second wave is happening

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts