Page 48 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058981485481048 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    I especially like the one where he said there would be like 15 cases in week and then it'd disappear. That wasn't a dangerous assessment at all.
    Signals versus noise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts
    https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/...irus-lockdowns

Trump supporter who was planning a car bombing attack on a hospital in retaliation for the coronavirus hoax wqs shot and killed by the FBI. Damn that Obama.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Signals versus noise.
    What in the world does this even mean?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Carp For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (03-27-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Last edited by nsacpi; 03-27-2020 at 08:08 AM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    What in the world does this even mean?
    Noise - wuhan virus is no big deal
    Signal - close travel with china because this could get bad

Lower minded people will always focus on the noise and miss the signal.
    Natural Immunity Croc

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    I especially like the one where he said there would be like 15 cases in week and then it'd disappear. That wasn't a dangerous assessment at all.
    That wasnt a task force meeting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Regarding Trump's handling of this.

I'd say it's been pretty good after a rocky start.

We were obviously slow to respond with regards to testing, etc. That is known and ship has sailed. Time to move on which I think we have done.

It's quite easy for us, in hindsight, to complain about lack of foresight etc. With regards to the early downplaying of it all, Trump was clearly trying to bring some calmness and not panic to markets. Trump then banned travel to China which I took as a major red flag and start selling stocks (not all unfortunately).

The media then went overboard, as outlet after outlet was telling us it's not worse than the flu. That trump was being racist, etc. Bc the media.is trained in OMB and will always take opposing view

So yes... we were slow to respond but did take decisive action to buy us some time. That should be clear to everyone.

I'd say the last 3 weeks though have been pretty optimal response from the team. I especially like how they have slashed red tape for businesses to get involved here. We're gonna see some unbelievable ingenuity and innovation from private sector in the coming months. Trump has killed a lot of barriers to allow that to happen.

I also like that he is giving the power to the states to manage themselves, with the full backing of the federal government should they need it. That's how this is supposed to work.

It appears Washington is looking good, NY is nearing peak. Other states are gonna catch up but we have a much better idea of how to manage now.

I like that we are talking about ending this shutdown, as that is necessary to not cause panic and violence. There's a certain point where people will choose risk of virus over letting their family starve, and I think that point is weeks, not months.

The president needs to give us some sort of timeline to be hopeful for and he has done that, while also acknowledging they will be flexible based on the data.

The stimulus is another story. I'm conflicted on it bc i dont supports bailouts, yet i dont think this is a bailout. The government essentially mandated businesses to stop, thus not allowing people to make money. So I admit I can be persuaded either direction, there.

We were never going to be like China or S Korea bc this is America. The citizens value their freedom of movement, and despite all the sqwaking on this board, Trump is not a fascist and isn't going to lock us in our homes at the threat of a gun. Sometimes that is the price to pay for our culture, but I'd be a lot more troubled with a national shutdown enforced by the military.

Anyhow, that's my $0.02 if anyone cares.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts
    The media I saw downplaying it was conservative media. Does it not bother you that he rejected tests from the WHO which all other nations did while we struggle to get tests? What about all the disinformation he has put out there? We all know he is a clown but some people do take what he says seriously.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Are there any calls to have socialized medical systems like Europe anymore?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Noise - wuhan virus is no big deal
    Signal - close travel with china because this could get bad

Lower minded people will always focus on the noise and miss the signal.
    Lol. So downplaying a virus that was clearly more deadly and contagious than originally thought wasn't dangerous in any way?

The cult seriously knows no limits.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Ok. Not sure what that has to do with what I said.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Ok. Not sure what that has to do with what I said.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Regarding Trump's handling of this.

I'd say it's been pretty good after a rocky start.

We were obviously slow to respond with regards to testing, etc. That is known and ship has sailed. Time to move on which I think we have done.

It's quite easy for us, in hindsight, to complain about lack of foresight etc. With regards to the early downplaying of it all, Trump was clearly trying to bring some calmness and not panic to markets. Trump then banned travel to China which I took as a major red flag and start selling stocks (not all unfortunately).

The media then went overboard, as outlet after outlet was telling us it's not worse than the flu. That trump was being racist, etc. Bc the media.is trained in OMB and will always take opposing view

So yes... we were slow to respond but did take decisive action to buy us some time. That should be clear to everyone.

I'd say the last 3 weeks though have been pretty optimal response from the team. I especially like how they have slashed red tape for businesses to get involved here. We're gonna see some unbelievable ingenuity and innovation from private sector in the coming months. Trump has killed a lot of barriers to allow that to happen.

I also like that he is giving the power to the states to manage themselves, with the full backing of the federal government should they need it. That's how this is supposed to work.

It appears Washington is looking good, NY is nearing peak. Other states are gonna catch up but we have a much better idea of how to manage now.

I like that we are talking about ending this shutdown, as that is necessary to not cause panic and violence. There's a certain point where people will choose risk of virus over letting their family starve, and I think that point is weeks, not months.

The president needs to give us some sort of timeline to be hopeful for and he has done that, while also acknowledging they will be flexible based on the data.

The stimulus is another story. I'm conflicted on it bc i dont supports bailouts, yet i dont think this is a bailout. The government essentially mandated businesses to stop, thus not allowing people to make money. So I admit I can be persuaded either direction, there.

We were never going to be like China or S Korea bc this is America. The citizens value their freedom of movement, and despite all the sqwaking on this board, Trump is not a fascist and isn't going to lock us in our homes at the threat of a gun. Sometimes that is the price to pay for our culture, but I'd be a lot more troubled with a national shutdown enforced by the military.

Anyhow, that's my $0.02 if anyone cares.
    We had ample time to prepare for this outbreak. China and Italy both showed us what we could expect. As far back as January there was discussion about the relief/contamination teams not being properly trained. And now, we're seeing shortages of medical supplies and pushing the limits of our healthcare because the people in charge failed to plan accordingly. Because they were worried more about the bottom line than people's lives. That's the facts.
    Last edited by Carp; 03-27-2020 at 10:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Lol. So downplaying a virus that was clearly more deadly and contagious than originally thought wasn't dangerous in any way?

The cult seriously knows no limits.
    Or trying to prevent panic?

The TDS crowd has been fully broken.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Or trying to prevent panic?

The TDS crowd has been fully broken.
    Yes. Prevent panic (which didn't work) instead of trying to prevent the spread of the deadly virus. How anyone can defend a blatantly obvious lie that encouraged the spread of a deadly virus is truly beyond words.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Yes. Prevent panic (which didn't work) instead of trying to prevent the spread of the deadly virus. How anyone can defend a blatantly obvious lie that encouraged the spread of a deadly virus is truly beyond words.
    Yes, we didnt try to stop the deadly spread with the travel ban. It was RACIST!

I guess you could be like de blasio or the NYC commissioner of health and encourage people to go to chinatown and celebrate lunar new year.

What amazing leaders. Thankfully we have them to suppress trump.

What a joke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,762 Posts
    The shortage is for the incoming peak...

Do you think because we're in day 11 of 15 of social distancing that the numbers are going to go down next week...?
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts
    Marijuana dispensaries are designated as essential business to stay open in some states and will get you years in prison in others. Amazing.

It’s over."