Page 732 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 2326326827227307317327337347427828321232 ... LastLast
Results 14,621 to 14,640 of 29602

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Pelosi passes a $500T bill with 10 bucks of. It going to covid victims and Zito claims she was the hero.

Dude is lost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (12-24-2020)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Pelosi passes a $500T bill with 10 bucks of. It going to covid victims and Zito claims she was the hero.

Dude is lost
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    You're trying to compare a CBSNews report to a NYPost oped, again, literally written by George Pataki's Lt. Gov?

TRHLIM
    Again, where did your pristine source mention any details of what was in the bill? It was a fluff piece, written by the propaganda arm of the DNC for uncritical consumers of media.

Yes, the writer of the op-ed was a Pub. The op-ed also contained more facts about the bill than your CBS piece. I'm sorry if that's upsetting to you. If you actually begin consuming news in a critical manner you'll run into many cases of media sources that you've been told to trust leaving out key details to further the leftist agenda.

Maybe this one from Politico will be easier for you to take. It leaves a bit between the lines while still making it clear that Pelosi's bill was a joke, was always a joke, and was known by all to be a joke.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...-likely-424438

The House on Thursday night cleared a $2.2 trillion coronavirus relief measure in the DemocratsÂ’ latest bid to pressure Republicans into a massive bipartisan deal before the election.

Narrator: Consume this paragraph thoughtfully. A left if center news source has just told you, plainly, what the purpose of passing this bill was. It was not to get it on the President's desk. It was to play political games.

Roughly 20 Democrats voted against the bill, many of whom have vocally urged Pelosi to seek a compromise with the GOP, even if it does not meet the party's full demands.

Before the vote, Pelosi had ruled out any chance of reaching an agreement with Mnuchin, the main GOP negotiator, on Thursday night but said the two continue to talk and exchange offers on paper.

In case it wasn't clear the first time, Politico is letting you know that yes, this package was a joke. Iron Nancy couldn't even keep her own caucus in line for it because it was such a waste of time. Nancy admits that it's a waste of time.

Why wasn't this in the piece that you linked? What motive did they have for leaving out such key information?

Slotkin was among about two dozen centrist Democrats who personally texted Pelosi on Thursday urging her to take the latest offer from the White House — around $1.6 trillion in health and economic aid — to deliver at least some relief quickly, according to three people familiar with the messages. Most sit in swing districts, including Reps. Jared Golden (D-Maine), Cindy Axne (D-Iowa.), and Dean Phillips (D-Minn.), and nearly all ultimately opposed the bill.

That included Axne, who complained that the vote did nothing to bring the two parties together.

"This is going nowhere, we know it's going nowhere. This is just a vote to make people feel good," Axne said. "I want to help people, and that means sitting at the table and getting the damn deal done."

What whoa whoa! This isn't the NY Post! What are those Democrat representatives doing here, calling the bill a waste of time and trying to get Nancy to do something worthwhile? How dare they?

And why wasn't this in the CBS article?

Rep. Ben McAdams (D-Utah), who also voted no, urged Pelosi to accept a deal with Mnuchin before the House can depart this week.

“Republicans have put forward a serious offer and I think leadership should stay at the table and get this across the finish line,” McAdams said in an interview Thursday night. “It’s a serious offer and a good faith offer, and it feels like we are close.”

Wait, what? How can this be? How dare you, Democratic representative McAdams? How dare you call the Republican offer a serious and good faith offer while voting no on Nancy's proposal? Don't you know that she's totally trying to help people? The CBS article told me so.

But wait.. this wasn't in the CBS article either!

But other Democrats, including Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-M.D.), argued that it would help demonstrate that their party was still negotiating, while the White House and Senate Republicans were in no rush for a deal.

“If we’d reached [a deal] the day before, we wouldn't have this bill on the floor. Because we know that we want to have a bill signed,” Hoyer said on the floor Thursday night. “But we also know we want to let the American people where we stand. We believe this bill is a reasonable compromise.”

Here's Majority Leader Steny Hoyer telling you one more time that it was a symbolic vote that wouldn't go anywhere.

But hey, you stick with CBS buddy. They seem to be telling you exactly what you want to hear.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaw For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (12-24-2020), msstate7 (12-24-2020), sturg33 (12-24-2020), Tapate50 (12-24-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts
    Sick burn Jaw. That should wrap that up for a while
    Last edited by Tapate50; 12-24-2020 at 10:51 AM.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Nancy is usually a good negotiator. But in this instance she misplayed a strong hand.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Nancy is usually a good negotiator. But in this instance she misplayed a strong hand.
    Eh.

She held out as long as she could to make the pain grow and get her guy in there. Making that slip up on TV pretty much sums up her position.... she was in it for the gain in office not any American. She’s trash.
    Ivermectin Man

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,865 Posts
    No I think she played it perfectly.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,762 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Eh.

She held out as long as she could to make the pain grow and get her guy in there. Making that slip up on TV pretty much sums up her position.... she was in it for the gain in office not any American. She’s trash.
    I think it's overstated how much passing legislation before the election would have helped Don.

I mean look at him. He comes in at the 11th hour of negotiations after spending his remaining political capital the last 2 months on election fraud. He never campaigned on stimulus and even leading up to the election was still calling the corona stuff not a big deal.

It's bizarre for him to inject himself in the discussions now.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    No I think she played it perfectly.
    don't think the outcome was what she was looking for (keeping in mind we have yet to see the final outcome)

how to take your gains is one of the hardest things to learn when trading (and i used to work on a trading floor as part of the adult supervision for a group of traders)...there are volumes written on how to cut your losses and hardly anything on how to take your gains...but from a psychological perspective people become too loose when they think they are playing with house money...i think this is what happened with Nancy...she had what she wanted in hand...but decided to go for more
    Last edited by nsacpi; 12-24-2020 at 11:10 AM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Again, where did your pristine source mention any details of what was in the bill? It was a fluff piece, written by the propaganda arm of the DNC for uncritical consumers of media.

Yes, the writer of the op-ed was a Pub. The op-ed also contained more facts about the bill than your CBS piece. I'm sorry if that's upsetting to you. If you actually begin consuming news in a critical manner you'll run into many cases of media sources that you've been told to trust leaving out key details to further the leftist agenda.

Maybe this one from Politico will be easier for you to take. It leaves a bit between the lines while still making it clear that Pelosi's bill was a joke, was always a joke, and was known by all to be a joke.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...-likely-424438

The House on Thursday night cleared a $2.2 trillion coronavirus relief measure in the DemocratsÂ’ latest bid to pressure Republicans into a massive bipartisan deal before the election.

Narrator: Consume this paragraph thoughtfully. A left if center news source has just told you, plainly, what the purpose of passing this bill was. It was not to get it on the President's desk. It was to play political games.

Roughly 20 Democrats voted against the bill, many of whom have vocally urged Pelosi to seek a compromise with the GOP, even if it does not meet the party's full demands.

Before the vote, Pelosi had ruled out any chance of reaching an agreement with Mnuchin, the main GOP negotiator, on Thursday night but said the two continue to talk and exchange offers on paper.

In case it wasn't clear the first time, Politico is letting you know that yes, this package was a joke. Iron Nancy couldn't even keep her own caucus in line for it because it was such a waste of time. Nancy admits that it's a waste of time.

Why wasn't this in the piece that you linked? What motive did they have for leaving out such key information?

Slotkin was among about two dozen centrist Democrats who personally texted Pelosi on Thursday urging her to take the latest offer from the White House — around $1.6 trillion in health and economic aid — to deliver at least some relief quickly, according to three people familiar with the messages. Most sit in swing districts, including Reps. Jared Golden (D-Maine), Cindy Axne (D-Iowa.), and Dean Phillips (D-Minn.), and nearly all ultimately opposed the bill.

That included Axne, who complained that the vote did nothing to bring the two parties together.

"This is going nowhere, we know it's going nowhere. This is just a vote to make people feel good," Axne said. "I want to help people, and that means sitting at the table and getting the damn deal done."

What whoa whoa! This isn't the NY Post! What are those Democrat representatives doing here, calling the bill a waste of time and trying to get Nancy to do something worthwhile? How dare they?

And why wasn't this in the CBS article?

Rep. Ben McAdams (D-Utah), who also voted no, urged Pelosi to accept a deal with Mnuchin before the House can depart this week.

“Republicans have put forward a serious offer and I think leadership should stay at the table and get this across the finish line,” McAdams said in an interview Thursday night. “It’s a serious offer and a good faith offer, and it feels like we are close.”

Wait, what? How can this be? How dare you, Democratic representative McAdams? How dare you call the Republican offer a serious and good faith offer while voting no on Nancy's proposal? Don't you know that she's totally trying to help people? The CBS article told me so.

But wait.. this wasn't in the CBS article either!

But other Democrats, including Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-M.D.), argued that it would help demonstrate that their party was still negotiating, while the White House and Senate Republicans were in no rush for a deal.

“If we’d reached [a deal] the day before, we wouldn't have this bill on the floor. Because we know that we want to have a bill signed,” Hoyer said on the floor Thursday night. “But we also know we want to let the American people where we stand. We believe this bill is a reasonable compromise.”

Here's Majority Leader Steny Hoyer telling you one more time that it was a symbolic vote that wouldn't go anywhere.

But hey, you stick with CBS buddy. They seem to be telling you exactly what you want to hear.
    So you spent an entire post talkign about the deals mitch cut right? The bills the Senate sent to the house? That happened right?

Why should the Dems in the House play nice with the Reps. Without any certification from Mitch, no deal matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    I think it's overstated how much passing legislation before the election would have helped Don.

I mean look at him. He comes in at the 11th hour of negotiations after spending his remaining political capital the last 2 months on election fraud. He never campaigned on stimulus and even leading up to the election was still calling the corona stuff not a big deal.

He's doing it to save face. Hoping people will remember him fondly while he Pardons all the criminals who got him into office and kept him there.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,762 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    He's doing it to save face. Hoping people will remember him fondly while he Pardons all the criminals who got him into office and kept him there.
    Yeah.

He timed it to coincide with the pardons obviously.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Holy crap. Speechless.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,865 Posts
    don't think the outcome was what she was looking for (keeping in mind we have yet to see the final outcome)

how to take your gains is one of the hardest things to learn when trading (and i used to work on a trading floor as part of the adult supervision for a group of traders)...there are volumes written on how to cut your losses and hardly anything on how to take your gains...but from a psychological perspective people become too loose when they think they are playing with house money...i think this is what happened with Nancy...she had what she wanted in hand...but decided to go for more
    she got what she wanted. trump voted out.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (12-24-2020)

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    I’m all for eliminating the foreign aid we put in the bill. We just have to reduce the “defense” bill as well to purchase fewer bombs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Holy crap. Speechless.
    Tried to tell you. He’s just not old enough yet.
    Ivermectin Man

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (12-24-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post

But it was Biden’s main speaking point.

Like without it, he would have stood up there and talked about his hairy legs.
    Ivermectin Man

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (12-24-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    TDS was so destructive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received