Page 780 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 2806807307707787797807817827908308801280 ... LastLast
Results 15,581 to 15,600 of 29602

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    obesity is a factor in covid mortality but not THE factor...here is America's obesity map...just eyeballing it, i'd say obesity rates by state are only weakly correlated with covid mortality rates...some of our "skinniest" states have had the worst covid outcomes

What could ever explain the higher mortality rates in those northeast states despite lower obesity rates?

Let me dwell on that some. Hopefully you can help provide an explanation....

Stop pretending that I don’t know your angles here. Your analysis can’t be this basic with your intellect level.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Don't know if methodology for counting obesity is the same in Canada, but here is some data by province. If you compare results across Canadian provinces, again there is at best a weak correlation between obesity and covid death rates. Other factors such as urbanization and density appear to matter more. The fattest provinces have had very few deaths.

red is percent obese as determined by BMI
    green is percent obese or overweight
    Last edited by nsacpi; 03-02-2021 at 09:13 AM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,901 Posts
    Im not at all sure i'd classify the correlation as "At best, weak"
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    So obesity makes some difference, but NOT that big a difference. Any accounting for the difference in obesity in the US and Canada would not explain away the big difference in Canadian and American covid death results. Btw the data suggest Canadians are pretty fat. Maybe not Mississippi or West Virginia fat but a country of Twiggies they aint.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 03-02-2021 at 09:51 AM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Don't know if methodology for counting obesity is the same in Canada, but here is some data by province. If you compare results across Canadian provinces, again there is at best a weak correlation between obesity and covid death rates. Other factors such as urbanization and density appear to matter more. The fattest provinces have had very few deaths.

red is percent obese as determined by BMI
    green is percent obese or overweight
    It’s Canada. They have tremendous amounts of land and as you said population density is a factor.

We have already seen studies that hospitalizations would be down 63% if the US had better health habits.

Obesity, other than age, is by far the biggest driver towards mortality rate.
    Natural Immunity Croc

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,793 Posts
    Results are bad too. Our deaths per capita are way above peer groups: EU, Canada, Japan. We have almost 3 times the death per capita rate as Canada, in spite of Canada being slightly more urbanized and being at a more northerly latitude. You can take NY city out of our results if you want and the rest of the country has done way worse than Canada.
    Those are some amazing cherry picked countries.

But what happens when you remove the mass murderers in the northeast from the equation?

New York and NJ doesn't listen to a word Trump says. Their failures are on their own incompetence and really fatten up the US numbers.

You supported their response, though, because you loved how they LOCKED DOWN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Im not at all sure i'd classify the correlation as "At best, weak"
    Let's put it this way, there are some Canadian provinces where people appear to be more obese than in some American states. If you take the fat Canadian provinces (where covid results are actually quite good) and compare them to skinny American states you would find that covid deaths in the skinny American states were much higher than in the fat Canadian provinces.

Control for obesity however you want and you are still left with a yawning difference in covid death rates between the US and Canada. It is enormous.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Still spreading the fake news that he said to inject bleach eh? Still spreading lies that HCQ doesn’t work for pre hospitalized patients? What’s disappointing with you is that you know better. Bad faith posting I hear it’s called.

Trump is a Reported germapobe. He talked about washing hands and maintaining distance from the beginning. What is wrong with you?

So all you’ve got was messaging indicating that with proper care for the elderly it really isn’t a bad virus?

How is all of that not true?

And we are to ignore the mobilization of private enterprise for PPE as well as ventilators? How about the vaccine production?

Just like normal you just have words as the bad and not the results.
    He didn't like that Trump didn't fear monger every day. He didn't like that Trump didn't want US citizens locked up across the country.

He's a tyrant and nothing Trump could have done outside of tyranny would have made him happy.

What I am certain of is that there would not be a vaccine with a President Biden

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Those are some amazing cherry picked countries.

But what happens when you remove the mass murderers in the northeast from the equation?

New York and NJ doesn't listen to a word Trump says. Their failures are on their own incompetence and really fatten up the US numbers.

You supported their response, though, because you loved how they LOCKED DOWN
    take away new york city, control for obesity, torture the data however you want...the comparison remains very unfavorable between the US and Canada

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    take away new york city, control for obesity, torture the data however you want...the comparison remains very unfavorable between the US and Canada
    How does a virus transmit from one host to another?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,793 Posts
    Canada shut down its borders.

When Trump did that your boy called him xenophobic. I'm sure you did too.

Canada locked its citizens up. They still are.

Most people don't want to live like that. I know you want that for us, but **** you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    For those that don't trust the government and so don't trust the vaccine, I'll tell you to go right ahead and don't trust the government. Trust Pfizer. Trust Moderna. Trust Johnson & Johnson. These companies have huge amounts of reputation on the line. If the vaccines fall on their faces, these companies will lose way more than they will have gained by selling doses of the vaccines. Billions of dollars worth of brand equity is at stake. So I trust these companies have done things correctly with that much on the line.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,901 Posts
    Let's put it this way, there are some Canadian provinces where people appear to be more obese than in some American states. If you take the fat Canadian provinces (where covid results are actually quite good) and compare them to skinny American states you would find that covid deaths in the skinny American states were much higher than in the fat Canadian provinces.

Control for obesity however you want and you are still left with a yawning difference in covid death rates between the US and Canada. It is enormous.
    The largest co morbidity is obesity and related health issues. We lead the world in such categories. It was and always was gonna be an uphill battle because of how unhealthy we are.

Im sorry but common sense has gotta take over at some point.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    It’s Canada. They have tremendous amounts of land and as you said population density is a factor.

We have already seen studies that hospitalizations would be down 63% if the US had better health habits.

Obesity, other than age, is by far the biggest driver towards mortality rate.
    Canada is slightly more urbanized than we are and the population is geographically concentrated along it's southern border.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    How does a virus transmit from one host to another?
    a fat person coughs on another fat person?

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    For those that don't trust the government and so don't trust the vaccine, I'll tell you to go right ahead and don't trust the government. Trust Pfizer. Trust Moderna. Trust Johnson & Johnson. These companies have huge amounts of reputation on the line. If the vaccines fall on their faces, these companies will lose way more than they will have gained by selling doses of the vaccines. Billions of dollars worth of brand equity is at stake. So I trust these companies have done things correctly with that much on the line.
    Except the NIH designed the vaccine and basic technological platform that is being used by Moderna and Pfizer/BioNTech. Deep state is deeper than you think. Maybe NIH along with Bill Gates snuck one of those brain control chips in there.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    a fat person coughs on another fat person?
    Very close
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    The largest co morbidity is obesity and related health issues. We lead the world in such categories. It was and always was gonna be an uphill battle because of how unhealthy we are.

Im sorry but common sense has gotta take over at some point.
    A commonsensical observation: our obesity rate is NOT 3 times Canada's. It is NOT 2 times. It is higher but NOT an order of magnitude higher. So it is unlikely to be more than a fraction of the explanation for why covid death rates are 3 times higher here than in Canada.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Canada is slightly more urbanized than we are and the population is geographically concentrated along it's southern border.
    You’re so close. Keep developing this thought.

What are the obesity rates in the most populous regions?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,709 Posts
    Michigan Gov. Whitmer's health director received payout amid abrupt resignation: report

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mic...ut-resignation