Page 787 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 2876877377777857867877887897978378871287 ... LastLast
Results 15,721 to 15,740 of 29602

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    I can't disagree. We don't deal with adversity well. It is why you see the leaders in society that rise above the rest as unrealistic. They overcame obstacles and WANTED something. They wanted it so badly they sacrificed other things for it.

Kevin Hart, Cameron Hanes, David Goggins.... all folks to talk about how obstacles and adversity make the man. How you react and treat life is EVERYTHING.

They don't talk excuses. Life is gonna hand you a bag of **** at some point. Its how you clean it up that makes the person.
    "Good times breed weak men"

We have too much luxury and leisure. Too easy to sit around watching Netflix. Blue collar jobs that require physical labor keep declining. Phones are addictive. We just have a sedentary society... I fall victim to this a lot... have to remind myself that the only person in my way of good health is myself

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Godfather would approve.

Not related to the clip but peer groups have a lot to do with how ones life shapes up as well.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    "Good times breed weak men"

We have too much luxury and leisure. Too easy to sit around watching Netflix. Blue collar jobs that require physical labor keep declining. Phones are addictive. We just have a sedentary society... I fall victim to this a lot... have to remind myself that the only person in my way of good health is myself
    Silk sheets will turn an alley cat into a house cat.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    W Virginia (R) governor disagrees ei2th Texas. Mississippi governors

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Great evidence there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Glad vaccines aren't going to waste!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    I think the talk of state mandated mask wearing might be a little overblown. Maybe my experiences have been different but I don't think a ton of people have worn masks because the state mandated them. I live a pretty red area of Georgia and there is no mask mandate here. Mask use has steadily increased as has the number of stores requiring masks to be worn. If the state mandated masks be worn, I don't believe we'd see a significant increase in mask wearing here. Those that aren't wearing them by and large wouldn't wear them even if the state mandated it.

So rolling back mask mandates in Texas and Mississipi is probably going to result in a relatively small change in mask wearing. I could be totally wrong though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I think the talk of state mandated mask wearing might be a little overblown. Maybe my experiences have been different but I don't think a ton of people have worn masks because the state mandated them. I live a pretty red area of Georgia and there is no mask mandate here. Mask use has steadily increased as has the number of stores requiring masks to be worn. If the state mandated masks be worn, I don't believe we'd see a significant increase in mask wearing here. Those that aren't wearing them by and large wouldn't wear them even if the state mandated it.

So rolling back mask mandates in Texas and Mississipi is probably going to result in a relatively small change in mask wearing. I could be totally wrong though.
    The idiots don't know what to do if the government doesn't tell them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Psaki on criticism that Biden isn't giving Trump enough credit for his coronavirus response:

"I don't think anybody deserves credit when half a million people in this country have died of this pandemic."
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Psaki on criticism that Biden isn't giving Trump enough credit for his coronavirus response:

"I don't think anybody deserves credit when half a million people in this country have died of this pandemic."
    Awesome keep us posted what else she says.

BRT in action.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Texas leading the others

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    People still listen despite well documented instances of not only being slightly wrong but egregiously wrong.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Texas leading the others

I wonder if Connecticut will get the obsessive media criticism and Neanderthal label from Potus...

I have a hunch they wont

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post

Do people honestly buy responses like this? The credit Trump should get is debatable but the explanation that no one deserves credit when half a million people have died is a terrible point.

What if the death toll would have been 5 million at this point if handled differently? If that was the case then Trump should get a statue in DC. What if the death toll would have been 50,000 if handled differently? In that case Trump deserves enormous blame.

Covid happened and there was never going to be any way in which thousands upon thousands of Americans wouldn't die. Simply pointing to 500,000 deaths is completely empty.

I don't get why people act like Psaki is some kind of phenomenal rhetorician. She's not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Do people honestly buy responses like this? The credit Trump should get is debatable but the explanation that no one deserves credit when half a million people have died is a terrible point.

What if the death toll would have been 5 million at this point if handled differently? If that was the case then Trump should get a statue in DC. What if the death toll would have been 50,000 if handled differently? In that case Trump deserves enormous blame.

Covid happened and there was never going to be any way in which thousands upon thousands of Americans wouldn't die. Simply pointing to 500,000 deaths is completely empty.

I don't get why people act like Psaki is some kind of phenomenal rhetorician. She's not.
    Trumps pursuit of rapid vaccine creation is one of the biggest life saving actions in US history

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Before Inauguration a poster here parroted Administration officials "crediting" the former for the vaccines.
    I argued their claim was absurd --- Eisenhower never took "credit" for the polio vaccine
    History judges credit and blame

A few days ago I noted the announcement commenting it was "odd" no one claimed " credit"
    well, you would think I asked someone to not throw their lawn clippings in my yard.

Today the Press Secretary was asked, why Biden Admin wasnt giving the former's more "credit"

The press secretary answered ... "I don't think anybody deserves credit ... "
    ////

I fail to see what is objectionable about her answer

To Grasshopper, Trump did his job.
    Or are you one of those Participation Trophy babys
    Last edited by 57Brave; 03-04-2021 at 05:40 PM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.