Page 801 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 3017017517917998008018028038118519011301 ... LastLast
Results 16,001 to 16,020 of 29602

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    I literally posted about it in the post above that one. And again, you're an idiot for believing the right wing sites that said the CDC listed only 6% of COVID deaths are from COVID.
    When did I say that in my post?
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    To put things in perspective, if someone that has COPD contracts COVID, has severe symptoms, and tragically dies, thethe believes that person shouldn't qualify as a COVID death, even though that person was reasonably likely to still be alive had they never contracted COVID.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    While it’s true that in 6% of COVID-19-related deaths, COVID-19 was the only diagnosis listed on the death certificate, that’s only part of the picture.

“Many clinicians will list the physiologic process which caused death,” says Dr. Braunstein. “For example, 55,000 of the death certificates had ‘respiratory failure’ listed as cause of death—we know that this is one of the most common mechanisms by which COVID-19 leads to death. We also know that in over 160,000 of the 180,000-plus deaths caused by COVID-19 in the US, COVID-19 was one of the diagnoses that was listed on the death certificate, and was felt to be the trigger for mortality.

The CDC has never hidden the fact that pre-existing health conditions can cause people to experience serious complications from COVID-19.

https://www.health.com/condition/inf...t-covid-deaths
    So, thethe you're just not gonna touch this one?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    What in my post is inconsistent with that?
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    What in my post is inconsistent with that?
    It literally says that 160k deaths of the 180k, COVID was felt to be the trigger for mortality. I don't know how more plain of an explanation that can be that you assertion that 25% (or more) of COVID related deaths are over-reported is clearly false.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    It literally says that 160k deaths of the 180k, COVID was felt to be the trigger for mortality. I don't know how more plain of an explanation that can be that you assertion that 25% (or more) of COVID related deaths are over-reported is clearly false.
    Ok and that still has nothing to do with my post.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    I have nothing left to do but facepalm at this time. I'll give you this, you have an uncanny ability to drag people into cyclical arguments of which you're clearly wrong but have zero desire to admit it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    To put things in perspective, if someone that has COPD contracts COVID, has severe symptoms, and tragically dies, thethe believes that person shouldn't qualify as a COVID death, even though that person was reasonably likely to still be alive had they never contracted COVID.
    There are cases where the line gets fuzzy. For example, my great aunt was in the last stages of Alzheimer's and in hospice care when she contracted Covid and died from it. Is that a Covid death? It's recorded as one even though she would have, at best, lasted another month or two.

So there's a good argument to be made that someone who has a disease that has put them on their death bed but who is pushed over the edge by Covid didn't really die from Covid but from the disease that already had them on the edge in the first place.

That's not to say that any co-morbidity should remove a death from being Covid related. You can suffer from a disease that makes you very susceptible to dying from Covid and yet still have decades of life ahead of you if you can avoid catching Covid. These people should absolutely be considered Covid deaths.

Suffice to say it's not always a clear line as to what is a Covid death and what is not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    There are cases where the line gets fuzzy. For example, my great aunt was in the last stages of Alzheimer's and in hospice care when she contracted Covid and died from it. Is that a Covid death? It's recorded as one even though she would have, at best, lasted another month or two.

So there's a good argument to be made that someone who has a disease that has put them on their death bed but who is pushed over the edge by Covid didn't really die from Covid but from the disease that already had them on the edge in the first place.

That's not to say that any co-morbidity should remove a death from being Covid related. You can suffer from a disease that makes you very susceptible to dying from Covid and yet still have decades of life ahead of you if you can avoid catching Covid. These people should absolutely be considered Covid deaths.

Suffice to say it's not always a clear line as to what is a Covid death and what is not.
    the excess deaths data cut through all these what if's

excess deaths have run almost 20% above the official covid numbers
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    the excess deaths data cut through all these what if's

excess deaths have run almost 20% above the official covid numbers
    While inserting your own ‘what if’
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    While inserting your own ‘what if’
    600,000 more people have died in this country in the past year than would normally happen

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    600,000 more people have died in this country in the past year than would normally happen
    And if we didn’t drastically change the day to day paradigm you may have a point.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    changing the "day to day paradigm" probably greatly reduced the number of flu deaths...so the excess death numbers in all likelihood understate covid deaths

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    changing the "day to day paradigm" probably greatly reduced the number of flu deaths...so the excess death numbers in all likelihood understate covid deaths
    If you aren’t skeptical of how we killed flu deaths to effectively zero while it had little to no impact on covid deaths then I’m sure your numbers will show what you want.

But then you also have suicides/Alzheimer’s/lack of cancer screenings among other things that are getting wrapped up in this figure.

My final question would be can you explain what an excess death in excess of the covid reported number that would represent an unreported covid death?

Where are these people dying in the US without a hospital intervention that does testing for covid?
    Last edited by thethe; 03-10-2021 at 02:53 PM.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    If you aren’t skeptical of how we killed flu deaths to effectively zero while it had little to no impact on covid deaths then I’m sure your numbers will show what you want.
    you have to remember i'm a believer in the efficacy of masks and social distancing...i have never argued that those measures had "little to no impact"...you must have me confused for someone else

"I am your retribution."

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts
    Got my first shot today
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Anytime Now Frankie... tululush's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Got my first shot today
    Congrats! How do you feel?

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts
    Mouth got pretty dry but other than that ok it seems
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Anytime Now Frankie... tululush's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Mouth got pretty dry but other than that ok it seems
    Awesome. Which vaccine did you receive? Anyone else on our board receive theirs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    we have had both, Pfizer

we slept after the second.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.