Page 878 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 3787788288688768778788798808889289781378 ... LastLast
Results 17,541 to 17,560 of 29602

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    whatever it takes

Via CBS:

Health officials in Ohio have reported a surge in the amount of people getting their first COVID-19 vaccination shots, a week after Ohio Governor Mike DeWine announced the $5 million "Vax-a-Million" lottery.

Just days after DeWine said the state would award five vaccinated residents $1 million each in order to raise vaccination percentages, the Ohio Department of Health reported more than 113,000 people received their first dose of the vaccine.

Based on preliminary data, the department said the recent period showed a 53% week-to-week increase (May 13 to 18) compared to the time period before the announcement, where 74,000 people received their first dose (May 6 to 11).

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    Via CBS:

Health officials in Ohio have reported a surge in the amount of people getting their first COVID-19 vaccination shots, a week after Ohio Governor Mike DeWine announced the $5 million "Vax-a-Million" lottery.

Just days after DeWine said the state would award five vaccinated residents $1 million each in order to raise vaccination percentages, the Ohio Department of Health reported more than 113,000 people received their first dose of the vaccine.

Based on preliminary data, the department said the recent period showed a 53% week-to-week increase (May 13 to 18) compared to the time period before the announcement, where 74,000 people received their first dose (May 6 to 11).
    They could have given every American $6k to get vaccinated with the last covid relief bill.

But then there wouldn't have been that sweet bailout and corruption opportunity

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    I think they are also offering free college tuition for people who get vaccinated? Ohio going all-in on the incentives.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by McCann'sCans View Post
    I think they are also offering free college tuition for people who get vaccinated? Ohio going all-in on the incentives.
    I think they’re doing a lottery for the college tuition for kids aged 12-17 who get the vaccine, now that it’s available to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Maybe today is the day the three idiots will admit Rand Paul was right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    There are still idiots on this board who believe this lunatic

They are idiots. And are hopeless

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    I'm not sure why anyone would believe anything she says at this point. You'd also think that if there were ever any truth to it, it would have been corroborated by someone once she came forward.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    910 Posts
    https://reason.com/2021/05/21/a-new-...ses-or-deaths/

After Texas became the first state to eliminate both its face mask mandate and its business occupancy limits in early March, President Joe Biden said the decision reflected "Neanderthal thinking." Gilberto Hinojosa, chairman of the Texas Democratic Party, described Gov. Greg Abbott's order as "extraordinarily dangerous," warning that it "will kill Texans."

Anthony Fauci, Biden's top COVID-19 adviser, said lifting mask mandates "is really quite risky," because "when you pull back on measures of public health, invariably you've seen a surge" in cases and deaths. Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said she had a "recurring feeling" of "impending doom," warning that premature relaxation of "public health prevention strategies" could lead to a "fourth surge."

More than two months later, the public health disaster predicted by Abbott's critics has not materialized. A new analysis by three economists confirms that his decision had no discernible impact on COVID-19 cases or deaths in Texas.

"We find no evidence that the Texas reopening led to substantial changes in social mobility, including foot traffic at a wide set of business establishments in Texas," Bentley University economist Dhaval Dave and his two co-authors report in a National Bureau of Economic Research working paper. "We find no evidence that the Texas reopening affected the rate of new COVID-19 cases during the five weeks following the reopening." They say their findings "underscore the limits of late-pandemic era COVID-19 reopening policies to alter private behavior."

"We find that the Texas reopening had little impact on stay-at-home behavior or on foot traffic at numerous business locations, including restaurants, bars, entertainment venues, retail establishments, business services, personal care services, and grocery stores," Dave et al. write. "We find no evidence that the reopening affected the rate of new COVID-19 cases in the five-week period following the reopening. In addition, we find that state-level COVID-19 mortality rates were unaffected by the March 10 reopening."

------------

Are the critics ready to take the L?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts

Hahahahahaha

Oh that was a good one, aces

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (05-21-2021), Tapate50 (05-21-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Meanwhile... the authoritarians are always the same. And they will gladly lock you up if they deem you "unclean"

I believe goldy used the term "one of them" today.

His crying little bitch ass would be begging the government to save him from the unvaccinated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Meanwhile... this little girl needed to be slapped for not having her mask on right

Each and every useful idiot on this board cannot bring themselves to understand how we got here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Meanwhile... the authoritarians are always the same. And they will gladly lock you up if they deem you "unclean"

His crying little bitch ass would be begging the government to save him from the unvaccinated

What a crock of ****. The fact that’s even written is unreal
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    It's funny how he admits that conservatives are the intelligent ones

15. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (05-21-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    https://reason.com/2021/05/21/a-new-...ses-or-deaths/

After Texas became the first state to eliminate both its face mask mandate and its business occupancy limits in early March, President Joe Biden said the decision reflected "Neanderthal thinking." Gilberto Hinojosa, chairman of the Texas Democratic Party, described Gov. Greg Abbott's order as "extraordinarily dangerous," warning that it "will kill Texans."

Anthony Fauci, Biden's top COVID-19 adviser, said lifting mask mandates "is really quite risky," because "when you pull back on measures of public health, invariably you've seen a surge" in cases and deaths. Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said she had a "recurring feeling" of "impending doom," warning that premature relaxation of "public health prevention strategies" could lead to a "fourth surge."

More than two months later, the public health disaster predicted by Abbott's critics has not materialized. A new analysis by three economists confirms that his decision had no discernible impact on COVID-19 cases or deaths in Texas.

"We find no evidence that the Texas reopening led to substantial changes in social mobility, including foot traffic at a wide set of business establishments in Texas," Bentley University economist Dhaval Dave and his two co-authors report in a National Bureau of Economic Research working paper. "We find no evidence that the Texas reopening affected the rate of new COVID-19 cases during the five weeks following the reopening." They say their findings "underscore the limits of late-pandemic era COVID-19 reopening policies to alter private behavior."

"We find that the Texas reopening had little impact on stay-at-home behavior or on foot traffic at numerous business locations, including restaurants, bars, entertainment venues, retail establishments, business services, personal care services, and grocery stores," Dave et al. write. "We find no evidence that the reopening affected the rate of new COVID-19 cases in the five-week period following the reopening. In addition, we find that state-level COVID-19 mortality rates were unaffected by the March 10 reopening."

------------

Do the idiots on this board not realize how stupid they look when they refuse to even comment on such an obvious fact?

How can anyone take them seriously on anything considering they are proving daily their lectures are based on nothing but their agenda

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    How do they even show face after they pushing the ccp propganda on the origins of the virus?

How do they show face after praising cuomo and Whitmer all 2020?

How do they show their face after screaming about collusion yet no evidence of the dnc hack exists?

It doesn’t matter. They aren’t trying to be correct. They are trying to disrupt. They are trying to overthrow the nation.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,292 Posts
    It's funny how he admits that conservatives are the intelligent ones

With all due respect to the trauma he suffered, I find it odd that people in the country put this teenager on a pedestal for insight and enlightenment merely because he was associated with a tragedy. He’s clearly not mature enough for the platform he has been given.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,292 Posts

I am happily vaccinated and I would encourage everyone to do so given the obvious benefit we are seeing in this country.

However, the need to be ruled by some is saddening.

It’s as if we are back in 10th century Europe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Weak people need others to tell them what to do.
    Natural Immunity Croc

21. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (05-22-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Weak people need others to tell them what to do.
    Fact

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc