Page 880 of 1482 FirstFirst ... 3807808308708788798808818828909309801380 ... LastLast
Results 17,581 to 17,600 of 29625

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    The post I responded to you brought up. "you guys" 2x.

Who were you talking to ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Three researchers from China’s Wuhan Institute of Virology became sick enough in November 2019 that they sought hospital care, according to a previously undisclosed U.S. intelligence report that could add weight to growing calls for a fuller probe of whether the Covid-19 virus may have escaped from the laboratory.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/intelli...in-11621796228
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    They don’t want you to believe your own eyes.

This was obvious from day 1.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    That CDC statement in the Pfizer vaccine is going to completely kill any push to mandate vaccines.

Completely nonsensical to expect healthy people under 40 to take a vaccine.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    That CDC statement in the Pfizer vaccine is going to completely kill any push to mandate vaccines.

I thought you were a big advocate of herd immunity. Guess not.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I thought you were a big advocate of herd immunity. Guess not.
    When the at risk have vaccination options herd immunity is non essential.
    Natural Immunity Croc

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,811 Posts
    Nsacpis favorite tyrant strikes again

Oh but we can sure there will be more silence

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts
    Listening to the dumb fraud cunt from north Georgia

Is like listening to the cunt on this board

“Masks are like what the Jews went through in world war 2”

Lol

****ing morons run that party
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,811 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Listening to the dumb fraud cunt from north Georgia

Is like listening to the cunt on this board

“Masks are like what the Jews went through in world war 2”

Lol

****ing morons run that party
    HEY IF YOU SAY TO THAT MY FACE IM GOING TO BEAT YOU UP!!!!

lol such a loser

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,811 Posts
    Canada is done... the useful idiots fully supportive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    Remember that time you were called a conspiracy theorist for saying the obvious and the ccp virus was created and released in a lab?

What’s the next conspiracy theory guys?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts

Why would healthy people under 40 not take it? Covid still kills people in that age group. It's not as deadly as it is for at risk groups but it can still kill.

Also, we don't know the long term effects of surviving Covid. Even those with minor symptoms can still have lung damage from this. Who knows what else it messes with long term. We actually have a far better handle on what mRNA vaccines do than we do what all Covid does.

So I encourage everyone who is eligible and who doesn't have some health issue where they shouldn't take the vaccine to go get it. Trust me, you'd rather have the vaccine than Covid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Why would healthy people under 40 not take it? Covid still kills people in that age group. It's not as deadly as it is for at risk groups but it can still kill.

Also, we don't know the long term effects of surviving Covid. Even those with minor symptoms can still have lung damage from this. Who knows what else it messes with long term. We actually have a far better handle on what mRNA vaccines do than we do what all Covid does.

So I encourage everyone who is eligible and who doesn't have some health issue where they shouldn't take the vaccine to go get it. Trust me, you'd rather have the vaccine than Covid.
    Completely ignoring that the death rate is effectively zero for healthy people under 40 even the extreme case is rare. Why are we all just ignoring the hard data?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    Completely ignoring that the death rate is effectively zero for healthy people under 40 even the extreme case is rare. Why are we all just ignoring the hard data?
    The death rate for people under 40 is very low, it's not effectively zero. But death rate isn't the only thing to look at. There are people under 40 who survive Covid but who still get very, very sick. Many are hospitalized and some go on ventilators. Just because they survive doesn't mean that they can just be ignored in balancing whether to get a shot. These people will takes months or even years to recover, if they ever fully recover at all.

And again, the long term effects of this disease are not fully known. Lung damage does happen with this even to healthy people. This lung damage can result in scarring and breathing problems.

Death is not the only way to measure this thing.

Also, the more people without immunity, the more of a population you have that is capable of keeping this thing circulating. Not everyone can get vaccines and the vaccines aren't 100% effective. So the more people out there transmitting it, the more likely someone who is vulnerable yet unprotected contracts it and dies.

The cost benefit analysis here is insanely lopsided.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (05-24-2021)

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    916 Posts
    The death rate for people under 40 is very low, it's not effectively zero. But death rate isn't the only thing to look at. There are people under 40 who survive Covid but who still get very, very sick. Many are hospitalized and some go on ventilators. Just because they survive doesn't mean that they can just be ignored in balancing whether to get a shot. These people will takes months or even years to recover, if they ever fully recover at all.

And again, the long term effects of this disease are not fully known. Lung damage does happen with this even to healthy people. This lung damage can result in scarring and breathing problems.

Also, the more people without immunity, the more of a population you have that is capable of keeping this thing circulating. Not everyone can get vaccines and the vaccines aren't 100% effective. So the more people out there transmitting it, the more likely someone who is vulnerable yet unprotected contracts it and dies.

Yeah that’s the way I looked at it too when I decided to get vaccinated. The costs are minuscule...the benefits to me personally are most likely small, but there’s a chance they’re very high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts

People have been getting sick since the dawn of time. Some of us choose to allow our body to work as it was designed. These long form covid cases are again extremely rare in healthy people under 40.

I’m sorry but I’m also not going to make a decision based on more what if’s. We have heard enough of that.

People taking the vaccine dramatically reduce the chance of ever even getting the virus and then their body already has the knowledge to defend it at a better rate than it would have pre vaccination.

Like is about risk assessment. If everyone starts reducing risk to zero for all types of low probability events then life is just a bland existence.

What are you considering immunity for a population? How about the tens of millions who have prior immunity or have you now shifted completely to immunity only counts with vaccinated people?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    People have been getting sick since the dawn of time. Some of us choose to allow our body to work as it was designed. These long form covid cases are again extremely rare in healthy people under 40.

I’m sorry but I’m also not going to make a decision based on more what if’s. We have heard enough of that.

People taking the vaccine dramatically reduce the chance of ever even getting the virus and then their body already has the knowledge to defend it at a better rate than it would have pre vaccination.

Like is about risk assessment. If everyone starts reducing risk to zero for all types of low probability events then life is just a bland existence.

What are you considering immunity for a population? How about the tens of millions who have prior immunity or have you now shifted completely to immunity only counts with vaccinated people?
    Letting your body work as designed? Plenty of people had their bodies work as designed when they contracted polio and they ended up in iron lungs for the rest of their lives. Then an effective vaccine was invented. Now it's almost gone. Smallpox is gone.

You should base your decision on a rational cost/benefit analysis. What are the risks of the vaccine? What are the benefits? Any rational analysis based on the actual science that you like to tout will tell you that the vaccine is absolutely the right choice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,904 Posts
    You are comparing much more deadly than covid. Hundreds of millions of people around the world have safely contracted covid with little to no symptoms and are now as immune as anyone that has taken a vaccine.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    Yeah that’s the way I looked at it too when I decided to get vaccinated. The costs are minuscule...the benefits to me personally are most likely small, but there’s a chance they’re very high.
    + the not insignificant social benefit from helping move toward herd immunity

"I am your retribution."

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    916 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    + the not insignificant social benefit from helping move toward herd immunity
    True, I was just trying to be as honest as possible, lol.