Page 882 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 3827828328728808818828838848929329821382 ... LastLast
Results 17,621 to 17,640 of 29602

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    my sister was under 40 in good health. She had it in July of last year. She still is having complications and lingering effects of it.
    I hate to hear that she's still having problems. My dad is older than that, but he was in great shape, and he is still a mess from Covid. He went from walking 10 miles every day to barely being able to walk 1 mile now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    my sister was under 40 in good health. She had it in July of last year. She still is having complications and lingering effects of it.
    Unfortunate for her that she’s in the .01-1% of people in her demographic that got sick. Hope she gets better.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    It wasn't created at light speed for what it is, though. Just take a closer look. The "head start" you are sensing is all about mRNA technology.
    One of those lucky things where the technology had ripened just before the need. If covid had happened five years ago, we'd be in enormous trouble.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 05-24-2021 at 10:39 AM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    One of those lucky things where the technology had ripened just before the need. If covid had happened five years ago, we'd be in enormous trouble.
    It would have never happened five years ago because gain of function wasn’t mature enough.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Using this logic you could do away with all kinds of safety features. Why wear a seat belt? The odds of you getting into an accident on any given drive are extremely low. If you do get in an accident, odds are it will be low speed so the seat belt will be of little use. Why strap yourself into a car to guard against low probability events? The answer is because the cost is so insanely low and the risk, while remote, is very serious. It just makes sense to incur the very low cost to guard against the risk.

That's where I am with the vaccine. I had Covid. I'm at a low risk of getting sick again and an extremely low risk of getting seriously ill. But I got the vaccine anyway. There was almost no real downside. I felt lousy for a day and my arm hurt. I gladly accepted that to decrease the chance I'd get Covid again. I don't want to ever have it again.
    Did you get the 2 dose version, if you don't mind my asking? My wife and I had COVID back in January, were advised to wait to get the shots until at least 3 months late (we waited about 4 months) got shot #1 of Moderna this past Friday, felt like hell on Saturday, had a goose egg sized lump near the injection site. Felt way better yesterday and same thing again today. It was almost like having COVID actually worked against us on the vaccine reactions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Did you get the 2 dose version, if you don't mind my asking? My wife and I had COVID back in January, were advised to wait to get the shots until at least 3 months late (we waited about 4 months) got shot #1 of Moderna this past Friday, felt like hell on Saturday, had a goose egg sized lump near the injection site. Felt way better yesterday and same thing again today. It was almost like having COVID actually worked against us on the vaccine reactions.
    I did. I got Pfizer. The first dose was rough. I spiked a fever, had nausea, was exhausted, swollen lymphnodes, and my arm hurt bad. It lasted about 24 hours and I felt better. The second shot was much easier. Still felt a little under the weather the next day but nowhere near what the first shot was.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I did. I got Pfizer. The first dose was rough. I spiked a fever, had nausea, was exhausted, swollen lymphnodes, and my arm hurt bad. It lasted about 24 hours and I felt better. The second shot was much easier. Still felt a little under the weather the next day but nowhere near what the first shot was.
    I'm hoping this is the case with us. The first shot was pretty rough the next day but neither of us had symptoms as bad as yours. We never had fever with COVID or the shot, which is weird from what I've been told. It just seems weird to me that actually having the stuff actually seemed to work against us, that doesn't seem right to me but then I'm not what you'd call a super sciencey person.

By the way, how long did you wait after you had COVID to get your first shot if you don't mind my asking?

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    I'm hoping this is the case with us. The first shot was pretty rough the next day but neither of us had symptoms as bad as yours. We never had fever with COVID or the shot, which is weird from what I've been told. It just seems weird to me that actually having the stuff actually seemed to work against us, that doesn't seem right to me but then I'm not what you'd call a super sciencey person.

By the way, how long did you wait after you had COVID to get your first shot if you don't mind my asking?
    It was about 5 months after I had covid.

My understanding of it is that generally, if you've not had Covid the second shot will be rougher. When you get the shot, you're getting mRNA that tells your cells to start making spike proteins. If you've not had Covid your immune system doesn't react super strong to this. It learns what the spike protein is but it's not a great immune response. The second shot elicits a vigorous response and it's that response that makes you feel sick but that also makes the immunity very strong.

If you have had Covid, your immune system recognizes the spike protein the first and you get a strong response. So you feel lousy with the first shot. The second shot you don't feel as bad because your immune system is ready and quickly and efficiently destroys the spike proteins.

The science is actually looking like if you've had Covid, one shot is enough. They still say get two because the second one wont hurt you but one shot probably gives you similar protection as two for someone who hasn't had covid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Yeah they have the copyright on it. Sure.
    Ivermectin Man

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (05-24-2021)

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Has there been an institution damaged more than "science"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Has there been an institution damaged more than "science"

Lol

No
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    So strange. Nobody coming in here saying they are infuriated with the national press and expert class for lying for over a year.

I can’t for the life of me understand how people can stand being lied to over and over.

Where is Meta/Dalyn/JPx/Carp/Zito saying they were wrong for ever thinking this was anything other than a lab leak.

The next jump we have to get through to the dullards is that this was a straight bio weapon intentionally released by the CCP to stop the populist movement.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    There's literally a CNN article saying how Fauci "destroyed Tumps claim of lab leak"

Chris Cilliza wrote it if memory serves

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Let’s not forget fauchi knew about this research and still recommended to the trump admin to not cancel travel from China.

He is literally an enemy of the state and should spend the rest of his life behind bars. Honestly, standing in front of the firing squad would be more justice.
    Natural Immunity Croc