Page 889 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 3897898398798878888898908918999399891389 ... LastLast
Results 17,761 to 17,780 of 29602

Thread: The Coronavirus, not the beer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Variants reinfecting people.

Short lasting immunity.

Originally herd immunity as you advocated for lockdowns.

Need I go on?
    You don't understand how herd immunity works. You didn't then, and somehow you have managed to still avoid understanding it all this time later.

Short lasting immunity didn't worry me a ton. I knew it was a possibility, but I knew it was just as likely not a problem. The problem would've been jumping to an erroneous conclusion based on incomplete evidence.

If allowed to continue spreading through a population of over 7 billion, mutations will eventually change the virus to something that is almost completely different, and it will "reinfect" people. This is a high probability under those circumstances. What I am trying to not have to do again is another ****ing lockdown and more masks and blah blah blah. So if there is anything I'm afraid of, that would be it. Meanwhile, your side is terrified of vaccines and act like they are worse than the virus, all while calling us scared. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I also love the comment of not understanding herd immunity. Aside from I think nsacpi there isn’t another person on this forum who has studied as much mathematics as I have.

But please tell me how you’re an expert because you’ve read some articles.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    You don't understand how herd immunity works. You didn't then, and somehow you have managed to still avoid understanding it all this time later.

Short lasting immunity didn't worry me a ton. I knew it was a possibility, but I knew it was just as likely not a problem. The problem would've been jumping to an erroneous conclusion based on incomplete evidence.

If allowed to continue spreading through a population of over 7 billion, mutations will eventually change the virus to something that is almost completely different, and it will "reinfect" people. This is a high probability under those circumstances. What I am trying to not have to do again is another ****ing lockdown and more masks and blah blah blah. So if there is anything I'm afraid of, that would be it. Meanwhile, your side is terrified of vaccines and act like they are worse than the virus, all while calling us scared. lol
    Who is terrified of a vaccine? I’m perfectly fine with anyone who wants to get it. I recently got my newborn vaccinated.

Mutations will eventually get there despite not one single mutation bypassing prior immunity? Looks like fear of a low probability event. There is in effect no reinfection across the globe.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    You could absolutely get to her immunity which is in essence an extremely low transmission rate as there are fewer uninflected hosts. The idea should have always been to make sure as many low risk people got infected so the high risk could live their lives after a few months.

The whole point of obtaining herd immunity was to protect the at risk. Now we have a way to protect them without herd immunity.

So aside from your completely non scientific fear of variants tell me why should we strive for herd immunity?
    You're wrong. Get over it. Stop being so terrified of facts, and stop trying to push ignorance onto everyone because of your fear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    I also love the comment of not understanding herd immunity. Aside from I think nsacpi there isn’t another person on this forum who has studied as much mathematics as I have.

You've demonstrated your ignorance on this matter. Just about every person in the world who studies herd immunity agrees with me, but Mister "I Know Math!" over here knows better than all of us. hahahahahahahaha You really are something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    You're wrong. Get over it. Stop being so terrified of facts, and stop trying to push ignorance onto everyone because of your fear.
    Keep being afraid of low probability events. Don’t push your irrational fears on others.

In six months when still no variants bypass immunity you’ll make up some bull**** excuse why you were still right.
    Natural Immunity Croc

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Herd immunity was lambasted by the anti science left as a death cult.

They instead demanded people board up scared in their basements.

The rest of us understood the risks and moved on with our lives.

Yall hung on faucis every word (that changed daily)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    You've demonstrated your ignorance on this matter. Just about every person in the world who studies herd immunity agrees with me, but Mister "I Know Math!" over here knows better than all of us. hahahahahahahaha You really are something.
    Herd immunity is a straight forward mathematical exercise. There is nothing more to it since there is no replacement (something I’ve been saying for over a year).

Trust the experts though when you don’t understand the basics.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts

Eh. I've written a few, too. That helps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Herd immunity was lambasted by the anti science left as a death cult.

They instead demanded people board up scared in their basements.

The rest of us understood the risks and moved on with our lives.

Yall hung on faucis every word (that changed daily)
    The idea of herd immunity you guys were throwing around was just ridiculous. Still is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Yall scared little bitches came her every time someone you knew got the covid.

Updates on everyone as if it was some ground breaking announcement that we needed to drop everything and start praying.

Very dramatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    There has not been one variant discovered that gets past natural immunity. Reinfection rates around the globe are statistically zero and are more likely caused by over cycling pcr tests and catching dead virus.

I’m not against people taking the vaccine but nobody under 40 that’s healthy should take it since no mutation has been able to get past people immunity. Therefore, the people actually at risk can be protected while not pushi mg inner fears on the rest of the healthy population.
    The fact that there is a variant that gets past natural immunity just shows you that it can happen. If tomorrow a variant pops up in Egypt that bypasses all immunity and is as infectious as what's out there, how long before it spreads around the globe? Covid took less than 6 months to go from a few people in Wuhan to overwhelming hospitals around the world.

The best way to limit the potential for mutation is to limit the number of hosts. The more people infected the more mutations you're going to have and the more mutations you have the more likely you'll get one that's dangerous. By vaccinating everyone we can greatly decrease the likelihood of immune bypassing variants.

Then there's the fact that there's the potential for variants that bypass natural immunity but don't bypass vaccine immunity. As I explained, the vaccine provides greater protection against mutations. If you wait for the variant that bypasses natural immunity to become a problem before going and getting a vaccine, you've waited too long.

So there are absolutely reasons why healthy people under 40 who have had covid (like myself) should go get the vaccine.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to striker42 For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (05-27-2021), zitothebrave (05-28-2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    The idea of herd immunity you guys were throwing around was just ridiculous. Still is.
    I remember when the WHO changed their definition of it from natural infection + vaccine to vaccine only

Science couldn't make up its mind I guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    I hope the year long propaganda and lying and destroying lives was worth it to get the orange man out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    The fact that there is a variant that gets past natural immunity just shows you that it can happen. If tomorrow a variant pops up in Egypt that bypasses all immunity and is as infectious as what's out there, how long before it spreads around the globe? Covid took less than 6 months to go from a few people in Wuhan to overwhelming hospitals around the world.

The best way to limit the potential for mutation is to limit the number of hosts. The more people infected the more mutations you're going to have and the more mutations you have the more likely you'll get one that's dangerous. By vaccinating everyone we can greatly decrease the likelihood of immune bypassing variants.

Then there's the fact that there's the potential for variants that bypass natural immunity but don't bypass vaccine immunity. As I explained, the vaccine provides greater protection against mutations. If you wait for the variant that bypasses natural immunity to become a problem before going and getting a vaccine, you've waited too long.

So there are absolutely reasons why healthy people under 40 who have had covid (like myself) should go get the vaccine.
    Low probability events should not drive policy for the whole country. We are either a free people or not.

If a variant is ever discovered to bypass immunity then those that are concerned can get a vaccine.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post

We've gone over this a ton with these two. It doesn't matter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I hope the year long propaganda and lying and destroying lives was worth it to get the orange man out

It’s so ****ing obvious. But since the ccp owns all of western media/Hollywood/big business and a good deal of politicians they were never going to be held accountable.

But of course experts like Dalyn know better.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    We've gone over this a ton with these two. It doesn't matter.
    Yeh. You want to push your fear on others.

I remember you freaking out because your job had some covid cases. Get a grip man.

If the cdcs defense of people dying after the vaccine didn’t inform you that the covid deaths numbers are a joke then you just aren’t as bright as I thought you were.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Could it be that the CCP deliberately released it as part of a scheme to interfere in our elections and get very poorly chosen one out and Hunter's dad in? Has anyone thought about that angle and ruled it in or ruled it out?
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Yeh. You want to push your fear on others.

I remember you freaking out because your job had some covid cases. Get a grip man.

If the cdcs defense of people dying after the vaccine didn’t inform you that the covid deaths numbers are a joke then you just aren’t as bright as I thought you were.
    Freaking out? lol I was mad because I have at-risk people in my life, and my job was putting everyone at more risk than necessary by ignoring guidelines and bypassing procedures.